MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

Waiping,

What do you do ? Camp out in vicinity of BKI day in day out ?! :p

in these days, we rather connect using sms/fb inbox/whatsapp/whatsoever than camp there. :p

Edited by Samuel Chy

USS Bonhomme Richard(LHD-6) arrived Sepanggar Bay today with various aircraft on the flight deck - AV-8B Harrier, CH-46 Sea Knights, MH-60 Sea Hawks, CH-53E Sea Stallion and lots more! Leaving on 26th October.

This is the second visit by an amphibious assult ship to Sabah this year, USS Makin Island(LHD-8 ) came to Sabah last May. Hopefully there'll be some US Navy aircraft visits into BKI in the next few days

Apparently, she was accompanied with 2 other vessels which are almost just as big but with half the deck at the rear. Dont think they are destroyers given the large landing deck at the rear.

Seems like lots of wide body traffic today to clear up the backlog caused by the hoo hah last night.

Alot? I know possible 1 upgrade MH2612 to A330. Didn't notice anything different from the red camp though. I was at T1 about 12pm and it seems most delay has been settled, but 2 flights from KL from the red camp still listed as delayed.

Alot? I know possible 1 upgrade MH2612 to A330. Didn't notice anything different from the red camp though

If the red camp is to 'upgrade' anything to/fro BKI, think of the consequential mess to D7's operations ....... :)

I saw a 777 & heard some wide bodies (they do sound different) taking off today

Late upload...taken few days ago

IMG_3561-001.jpg

*Did you see an aircraft is approaching rwy02? hehe...

Cheers! :drinks:

I saw a 777 & heard some wide bodies (they do sound different) taking off today

around what time? you sure it was a T7? or an a330? :help:

Edited by AlvinLvK

Saw an A330 departing around 1300.

Still kicking myself for not being "kepo" (busybody) a bit and check out the traffic Friday morning.

So today morning I set my alarm clock at 6am and by 6.30am I was already at my usual spot just opposite T2. My main target was of course the OZ.

DG7312 arriving around 0635 and then departed around 0720. Should be the delayed flight from yesterday.

RPC6320_0892s215c-15.jpg

My main target rotated very early, hence only up-skirt shot from me. :(

HL7735_0960s215.jpg

2 "seasoned" AKs show how to rotate and post for my camera.

9MAFT_0913s2b5.jpg

9MAFP_0936s215.jpg

Er...anymore delays. :p

So today morning I set my alarm clock at 6am and by 6.30am I was already at my usual spot just opposite T2. My main target was of course the OZ.

My main target rotated very early, hence only up-skirt shot from me. :(

HL7735_0960s215.jpg

Still a very good shot Waiping :good: And how rare this opportunity was. OZ has been flying to BKI for almost 10 years now and this probably is the first clear shot of OZ plane at BKI.

Er...anymore delays. :p

Tonight's OZ BKI bound flight left ICN about 4 hours ago. But the KE BKI bound flight was delayed, albeit by 27 minutes only :p Eastar Jet is also already on its way to BKI.

Edited by Isaac

Great shot waiping! I think I saw your car just now around 7am! Alza parked at the usual spotting place in front of T2, am I right? :p

:D

Tonight's OZ BKI bound flight left ICN about 4 hours ago. But the KE BKI bound flight was delayed, albeit by 27 minutes only :p Eastar Jet is also already on its way to BKI.

I would rate the ZE flight as really really rare. I have't seen the aircraft here before. Saturday night is consider Korea Night where we have KE, OZ and ZE arriving and departing around the same time. Used to have MH also but no more. :(

I was at Jln Selangor yesterday morning, even though that place isn't suitable for morning spotting, but I still prefer to go there :p

Here's the 'result'...

IMG_3592.jpg

heavy cropped...

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

Maswings super early rotate...

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

I think I need to improve my spotting skill now... :unsure:

Cheers!

simple lens with an entry level body is more than enough to produce nice picture. :D

simple solution is, great sunlight and right spot, or else, interesting movement, it will be the best part of our spotting journal. :p

Was at BKI T1 last night - one particular flight displayed on FID caught my eye

20121029_214100.jpg

CZ6043 from Changsha - cancelled flight

Wonder what happened ?

Man, if we had been able to fly direct BKI-CSX vv during our holiday to Zhangjiajie couple of years back, that would have spared us countless hours cooped up in bus and train. But wife was quick to point out we would have missed out on big chunk of the experience :D

You know lately a host of weird airlines appeared at BKI :D IIRC somebody posted a photo of Shanghai Airlines on charter to BKI. Unfortunately depart before sunrise.

Would not be surprised if there are Chinese charters arriving and leaving in dark of night recently - KK town looks like swamped with visitors last few days :)

Apparently, she was accompanied with 2 other vessels which are almost just as big but with half the deck at the rear. Dont think they are destroyers given the large landing deck at the rear.

The two other vessels, USS Denver and USS Tortuga are amphibious warfare ships. USS Denver has some helicopters onboard but not sure whether USS Tortuga carries any helicopters in this tour.