MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

Kiribati? :)

Haha. I think John actually meant KCH.

Maybe not, the din and builders' mess during reconstruction would have been too much to bear

Plus, the thing was so repeatedly delayed, any spirit would have been tested beyond reason

Gui dooh khong !

:p

Hahaha. Never thought of that, so are you guys still able to see traces of the same floor plan in the part previously occupied by the old building? Do they have the same configuration? What about the part that used to be the restaurants on 2nd floor?

I haven't been back since they completed the terminal, thanks to the KUL-TWU direct flights :)

Sorry to go off topic somewhat... it seems whenever they renovate the old terminal, the viewing area or Anjung Tinjau is no longer practical for spotting. I recall my younger days when the old Kuching terminal, before it was renovated to the current state, we used to be able to go to the 3rd floor & spot aircrat from there. They even remove the road next to the runway where we could be just metres away from the planes. :cray:

Nice close-up, Waiping :good: On 11th October, GCL-Poly Energy Holdings A318CJ(B-6936) arrived BKI from PER. I wonder if the aircraft is still there?

Sorry bro I didn't notice it.

Was planning to spot VistaJet but it was squashed in the middle by Transmile and Neptune Air

Instead i meet B-LIS 8)

DSCF2298.jpg

here are mine....

B-LIS arrived around 1.45pm

IMG_3494.jpg

'Jellyfish' early rotate...

IMG_3519.jpg

2nd latest from AK...

IMG_3538.jpg

and last but not least, the normal AK livery

IMG_3555.jpg

Cheers! :drinks:

..... so are you guys still able to see traces of the same floor plan in the part previously occupied by the old building? Do they have the same configuration?

DSC01267.jpg

Up on L3 (international departure) there is this sloping ramp, which I can only assume is the border between the new build and rebuilt parts of the airport. If assumption is correct, then area immediately at bottom of that ramp, about where the green/blue signages are should be where the cafeteria (and in later years vagrants haunt) used to be

And at extreme end of that pic above is the 'international' Golden Lounge

DSC01268.jpg

This should be where admin offices were located previously, below the now demolished control tower

Down one level, there is now the 'domestic' Golden Lounge

DSC03248.jpg

I guess this should be where Gate 1 used to be - primarily for widebodies and international flights back then

DSC03244.jpg

This part I estimate to be where the check-in counters for international and PM/Sarawak flights used to be

DSC00040.jpg

:)

Edited by BC Tam

Thanks a million Tam Sang! Now I am really home sick!

The last yellowish pic I suppose is from yesteryears?? See that dog legged concrete stairs (with some leading all the way up to level 2 Cafe near Gate 4-6) Do they still exist?

Gosh, I do miss the old terminal. Saw it getting built during my childhood years and witnessed it being torn apart! :(

I even built a cardboard model of the old T2 and it was my first ever attempt at architectural modelling! :p

Edited by S V Choong

The last yellowish pic I suppose is from yesteryears?? See that dog legged concrete stairs (with some leading all the way up to level 2 Cafe near Gate 4-6) Do they still exist?

2007, predeparture loitering before holiday to Shanghai :)

No idea if the stairs are still there - if they are I estimate they would be behind those grey roller shutters

Corresponding area at G/F level not accessible to us joe public yet (courtesy of AK's recalcitrance :))

I even built a cardboard model of the old T2 and it was my first ever attempt at architectural modelling! :p

You could have given Mr Dai Kong Raymond a run for his money :p

Spotting outside for 9M-MUB(Jouvarn is onboard) from KUL despite the gloomy morning before i depart with MH2641 yesterday. Looks like these 332F freighters will be coming in regularly to BKI. Also Thanks to Samuel Choy and Jouvarn for the heads up notice :lol:

DSCF2314.jpg

Maskargo should be deploying the A332F on a regular basis since last month I think. Can check from Maskargo website.

Some of my shots...ENJOY !!!! :db: IMG_5280-Copy_zps0be6c44d.jpgMASkargo A332FIMG_5276-Copy_zpse43f11ce.jpgWOW !!!!! THE GIANT PW ENGINE !!!! :DDIMG_4274_zps1da624c3.jpgUnloading some cargo....IMG_2669_zps33f6c7ac.jpgCebu Pacific A319.....IMG_5415_zpse9d21bba.jpgAir China A330-243 visited BKI on 21October 2012, with some VIP, ETA 1345....

USS Bonhomme Richard(LHD-6) arrived Sepanggar Bay today with various aircraft on the flight deck - AV-8B Harrier, CH-46 Sea Knights, MH-60 Sea Hawks, CH-53E Sea Stallion and lots more! Leaving on 26th October.

This is the second visit by an amphibious assult ship to Sabah this year, USS Makin Island(LHD-8 ) came to Sabah last May. Hopefully there'll be some US Navy aircraft visits into BKI in the next few days

Edited by MIR

I've just been informed that there was an Air China A330(B-6130) departed BKI to KUL earlier today as CCA57

Waiping,

What do you do ? Camp out in vicinity of BKI day in day out ?! :p

Err...nope. :D

Edited by Waiping

I've just been informed that there was an Air China A330(B-6130) departed BKI to KUL earlier today as CCA57

Today a China government official visited KL to meet Mr. Hishamuddin. Could there be any significance?

Nice shot, Waiping! Seems lots of high profile visits from China and USA to KK this year.

It is rumoured an UC-35 is expected to BKI in the next few days. Callsign "Magic **"

I think there are 2 FARNAIR Europe ATR72-500 cargo version currently parked at T1 rego HB-AFC & HB-AFR. Was informed they arrived Sunday and would depart 30/09.

Found out HB-AFC is now operating in Papua New Guinea .

Edited by MIR