MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

Guess transparency and accountability isn't an issue in boleh land?

Here it's spelled as akaun-aku-sendiri. (my personal bank account).

Today 2 x Maskargo A332F came in. The first one, 9M-MUC operated as MH6064 arrived about 1030 and departed 1230 to SGN. The second one 9M-MUB came in at 1430 and departed 1630. Weather was good in the morning but rain in the afternoon. Only slightly better when MUB depart. Early rotation too so it seems she left...empty?

9MMUB_0393s215b15c-5.jpg

w9MMWH_0439s2215b10.jpg

Btw, I was a tad too slow when Perdana 1 came in at 1400. 9M-NAA, again. :glare:

Edited by Waiping

Wasn't expecting her to come in.

N666SA

wN666SA_0481s22.jpg

Didn't managed to catch PM going off. From FB interesting enough 9M-NAA departed as NR1 to MNL with 28 POB.

28 POB...

Did you see any Toyota land cruiser ? 7 Toyota land cruiser were needed to carry all of Rosmah's belongings. And there were around 10 of her personal stylists following her :D

Did you see any Toyota land cruiser ? 7 Toyota land cruiser were needed to carry all of Rosmah's belongings. And there were around 10 of her personal stylists following her :D

Seriously? Did you see it in front of your eyes?

No. Only the one when she stopped by a Salvatore Ferragamo store in London back in early August. Which is why I was asking if Waiping saw it...

Saw the picture of Rosmah in Manila. The locals there must have a deja-vu of some sort, I'm sure Rosmah will remind them of their own First Lady of many years ago....

Resurrection of sort, although R mentor is still alive and popular, and living comfortably on national treasure while the rest of the country struggling make ends meet...

Saw the picture of Rosmah in Manila. The locals there must have a deja-vu of some sort, I'm sure Rosmah will remind them of their own First Lady of many years ago....

Sorry if this is blatantly obvious, would that be Imelda Marcos? I remembered somewhere in the 80's, there was a leaked photo which disclosed she is a shoe collector after her husband's death. She had a few rooms as a dedicated for her collection of shoes from her shopping across the globe.

OT but related to BKI and shopping. I once spoke to a senior staff of MAHB and he asked me what was my opinion of the old terminal pre-renovations and I said there were very few seats for transiting passengers to rest. He said it was deliberate as it forces people to be on their feet and do some shopping while waiting for the flight to depart! Wonder how it is now? Haven't been to BKI for some years now already.

OT but related to BKI and shopping. I once spoke to a senior staff of MAHB and he asked me what was my opinion of the old terminal pre-renovations and I said there were very few seats for transiting passengers to rest. He said it was deliberate as it forces people to be on their feet and do some shopping while waiting for the flight to depart! Wonder how it is now? Haven't been to BKI for some years now already.

Same trick as shopping malls. Not a new idea actually.

Sorry I didn't. Not interested in either the Toyota Land Cruisers or 9M-NAA. However the Weststar was probably here to help bring the luggage back.

Is he for real? How many transit passenger they have in BKI? How many shopping outlet they have?

Nice close-up, Waiping :good: On 11th October, GCL-Poly Energy Holdings A318CJ(B-6936) arrived BKI from PER. I wonder if the aircraft is still there?

I'd rather sitting in the restaurant (while waiting for connecting flight) even if I have to pay for it...:D

Yep, the restaurant at old BKI airport is a spotter's heaven. Especially when the windows can be opened.

Anyone know whether the old terminal was totally demolished to make way for the new building, or was the new building built on the basis of old?

Anyone know whether the old terminal was totally demolished to make way for the new building, or was the new building built on the basis of old?

It was built on the basis of old.

I'd rather sitting in the restaurant (while waiting for connecting flight) even if I have to pay for it... :D

Ahh yes I still remember that restaurant, that was the place where I started my 1st spotting session in 2007, with my own naked eyes instead of using a camera. 9M-AFC in Man Utd. livery was the 1st plane I spotted in BKI! :)

So I assume the same 'ghosts' are still lurking around :p

Maybe not, the din and builders' mess during reconstruction would have been too much to bear

Plus, the thing was so repeatedly delayed, any spirit would have been tested beyond reason

Gui dooh khong !

:p

Edited by BC Tam

Yep, the restaurant at old BKI airport is a spotter's heaven. Especially when the windows can be opened.

Nothing beats the old viewing gallery in the old terminal (presently known as T2). Sitting on the black metal pipe/beam as a kid back then watching all the activities on the tarmac. Always excited when the A300s (sometimes Philippine Airlines), DC10s, & CX L1011 Tristars were in town. (How I wish I could go back in time & capture everything with an HD camcorder) Parents would buy me a Gardenia ice cream or KK drinks from the cafeteria downstairs

Edited by Andi C

I have been flying in and out of KK since 2002 and have watched the transformation over the years. Each time we arrive from London via KUL SIN or KUC we are always pleasantly surprised and now feel as if we are coming home rather than visiting for a short holiday.

(How I wish I could go back in time & capture everything with an HD camcorder)

We did not have camcorders back then, much less HD ones

Digital cameras don't have either

I think compact cameras were just out, and colour films were very very expensive

Can still get Gardenia ice cream I think, but KK drinks I think no more !

:)

..... we arrive from London via KUL SIN or KUC we .....

Where is KUC ?

Edited by BC Tam