MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

A) WBKK

B ) 1208290100 C) 1208310130

D) BTN 0100 - 0130 UTC ON 29 AUG AND 31 AUG 2012 (0900-0930 Local Time)

E) MERDEKA DAY FLY PASS ACT WILL TAKE PLACE AT COORD

055840.06N 1160407.42E

055828.47N 1160335.49E

F) GND

G) 300 FT

Navy helis from Sepanggar Heliport making the fly pass?

Edited by MIR

I thought I saw the silhouettes of four helis hovering or flying very slowly in very rough general direction of BKI yesterday morning (sorry, cannot be more specific as I had to keep eyes on road as well whilst driving :))

Thought they looked like Bells, but now with this NOTAM ........ :)

I saw them too flying towards airport at around 10am yesterday. Anyway I am interesting in only 1 piece of military hardware from sepanggar port, and it does not fly.

Anyway I am interesting in only 1 piece of military hardware from sepanggar port, and it does not fly.

KD Altantuya Tun Razak or Tunku Abdul Rahman ? :p

some more shots from me. :D

another shot for the dragon, and million thanks to Uncle Lee for borrowing me his ladder for this. :D

_DSC5628.jpg

the mobile bank? with Mt Kinabalu behind

_DSC5666.jpg

arrival of Cebu Pacific

_DSC5707.jpg

and departure, pardon the same angle and bad low lightning. :sorry:

_DSC6072.jpg

Quebic delta under golden sunset...

_DSC5764.jpg

Deer Jet taxiing

_DSC5823.jpg

airborne

_DSC5886.jpg

Fox Charlie with our member, Alvin on board. and yes, he got welcomed by the appearance of Mt Kinabalu too. :D

_DSC5944.jpg

and another low light shots,

_DSC6028.jpg

:sorry: actually once upon i get bored with this, but it's now looks quite interesting. :D

will try share more in future. :p

:drinks:

Edited by Samuel Chy

Looks like MAS has removed scheduled A330 services to BKI. So for now MH2616 will be using the B737-400 or B737-800.

My contribution 9M-MKG taken on May.

S0549408.jpg

Those pictures are really amazing, Share mines for the spotting throughout these days

29th August 2012:

Today, is the last day Malaysia Airlines will operate their last and final schedule widebody flight between Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu on flight MH2616/MH2617. And always, today is Wednesday, where all students had their studies and adults have works to do. In fact, I did have as well, but on the suitable time to take the break for the final flights of widebody in BKI. And I reached myself at Jalan Selangor around 2pm and spotted this private jet takeoff.

IMG_4119copy.jpg

VP-CSA

Not to mention our flag carrier, whom graciously took off from Kota Kinabalu on Runway 02

IMG_4125copy.jpg

9M-MLG

And Red bus made her own way for departure to Runway 02.

IMG_4131copy.jpg

9M-AHW

Main transportation throughout the borneo, MASWings. Without them, the whole Malaysia aviation would be dull.

IMG_4146copy.jpg

9M-MWB

One of the reasons spotters like to spot aircraft, Liveries~ This time, Red Bus company sent their 100th Airbus to Kota Kinabalu. Bet the dragon will soar to the skies as much as she can.

IMG_4152copy.jpg

9M-AQH

Eventhough the colors faded, the livery still remain as her first airbus stop in Kota Kinabalu.

IMG_4168copy.jpg

9M-AHG

Red bus started to dominate the Malaysia airports soon~

IMG_4175copy.jpg

9M-AQG

Without them, Airasia will cry like hell. :cray:

IMG_4172.jpg

Petronas Jet A-1 fuel.

Up Up AND AWAY~ See me fly, I'm flying in the sky....

IMG_4181copy.jpg

9M-MWC

Anyone can tell me why Airasia don't promote their BIG card livery or CIMB livery but Bank Rakyat Livery?

IMG_4189copy.jpg

9M-AHQ

Truck: Run Run Run, Let's catch up that Red Bus as fast as I can...

9M-AQD: You won't surpass me, no matter how powerful your engine is, you won't surpass my engine.

IMG_4199copy.jpg

9M-AQD

Not to mention our common baby Boeing for MH, Boeing 737-4H6, whereby we won't be able to spot her soon. Both of them are QD, only A and M difference~ However, both of them make the morning purposes, which means AM.

IMG_4215.jpg

9M-MQD

Coming up soon~~

Edited by Michael Chai

Truck: Run Run Run, Let's catch up that Red Bus as fast as I can...

9M-AQD: You won't surpass me, no matter how powerful your engine is, you won't surpass my engine.

The truck WILL catch up with AQD - notice she has her thrust reversers deployed ?! :D

Anyone can tell me why Airasia don't promote their BIG card livery or CIMB livery but Bank Rakyat Livery?

I think Bank Rakyat is paying sponsorship money to AK...

Some special movements spotting on national day....and Runway 20 was in used for all traffics that time.

First kick-off with AK's latest livery, SEMANGAT HARIMAU MUDA! 9M-AFI operating AK5109 back to her hometown KUL.

IMG_3165.jpg

ZOOM! 9M-AFQ has based in BKI for nearly one week already. Now operating AK6126 to Tawau.

IMG_3178.jpg

after take off, she made a right turn and fly above us!

IMG_3181.jpg

MH B737-4H6, 9M-MQE heading to somewhere...(I think should be MH2609 to KUL via LBU)

IMG_3190.jpg

9M-MWF early rotate!

IMG_3194.jpg

TUDM C-130

IMG_3198.jpg

A very disappointed shot, too much light were used to capture the main dish of the day, 9M-AFV!!! :angry:

IMG_3216.jpg

this one is still acceptable...

IMG_3223.jpg

and last but not least, the plane I rode before last month, 9M-FFC operating MH2616 from KUL.

IMG_3238.jpg

Have to try again next time for the AFV shots.....Cheers anyways! :drinks:

Just came back from KUL onboard 9M-AHQ and saw both Transmile 9M-PML & 9M-TGN parked near the Sabah Flying Club, leaving the usual spots empty. Is there any VIP movement expected?

Jet Premier One A319CJ from Sandakan

Left?

Thanks MIR for the information. According to Flightaware Perdana 1 arrived just after my flight arrived BKI. For a moment I thought it was Prince William & Kate! Anyway decided to go to the airport on Sunday afternoon, and luckily Perdana 1 left around 5pm in great light condition.

Capati Express

9MNAA_9320s215b-10.jpg

On another note VP-CSA has been coming to BKI very frequentlys. Supposed to come in around 9.30am and depart 11.30am today but i didn't try to catch it.

Edited by Waiping

when I was young, I staying at Tanjung Aru. Everyday can hear aeroplane take off...

But now, no more... Batu Berendam, Melaka is lonely airport....

Really miss KK... :wub:

Edited by amat

WOOHOO...

9MMUB_9384s215b5.jpg

Edited by Waiping

Nice catch, Waiping! Is that a RMAF or a foreign military aircraft in the background?

Edited by MIR

Yup, a CN-235. Arrived almost immediately as another C-130 left.

WOOHOO...

9MMUB_9384s215b5.jpg

Is she took off around 2pm yesterday? if yes, I think I saw her flying across KK city during that time! Great catch anyways :clapping:

Good to hear that this A332F will be coming to BKI every Thursday until 27 Oct