MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

Thanks MIR. Will check further details. Another CRJ landed at 1340 just now and parked next to AN-12. Not sure if she is night stopping or not.

Is it N888AU? Its flying HKG-BKI-DPS today.

It is rumoured that either a B737BBJ (B-5266) or A319CJ (B-6418) expected into BKI this evening from Colombo.

Aircraft identified as Deer Jet B737 BBJ (B-5266).

Is it N888AU? Its flying HKG-BKI-DPS today.

MIR, confirmed N888AU with a nice Smiling Buddha on her tail.

N888AU_9021s215b3.jpg

Of course the star for the day - 9M-MPP Putrajaya operating as MH2612/MH2621. You'd probably can see that this is a rather early rotation with 328 POB. Then the pilot did a left bank almost when all wheels just left the ground. I hope someone would share the video here. It was breath-taking.

9MMPP_9035s215b3.jpg

It's been such a long time since the last passenger 744 came to BKI... If my memory serves me correctly, the last time we saw a passenger 744 at BKI was a few years ago, KE one. Anyway, good catch Waiping :)

It was indeed a fruitful day for BKI spotters. Apart from the ex-Queen and the CRJ, we also had another 737BBJ which, unfortunately, I didn't managed to get. The AN-12 was still there so another chance to photograph her in better light. Bo Rock, Bank Rakyat, and QPR all came in around 12 - 2pm. However the earlier extra flight that was supposed to be operated by MH A332 was downgraded last minute to a B738. Not sure if it's the ML-series or MX-series.

Edited by Waiping

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are scheduled to visit Sabah next month, will be interesting to see what aircraft is used for the journey :)

Edited by Alif A. F.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are scheduled to visit Sabah next month, will be interesting to see what aircraft is used for the journey :)

They are coming to BKI or straight to SDK? I heard it's not confirm stopover at BKI.

They are coming to BKI or straight to SDK? I heard it's not confirm stopover at BKI.

I think so too... But I also read that they will be staying in one of 5 star hotels in KK. But yes, lots of mention about Danum Valley and Sepilok which are all located on the East Coast.

Yo ! Long time no post ;)

16th Aug 2012 MH7404 KUL-BKI 9M-MTH

7812875234_635f9ae0de_c.jpg

IMG_4049 by YongJK, on Flickr

MH7405 BKI - KUL ( delayed departure !!! )

7801307966_33da608d4e_c.jpg

Malaysia Airlines Airbus A330-323X by YongJK, on Flickr

MH2621 KUL - BKI @ 18th Aug 2012 9M-MPP :D

7812877290_717c33766a_c.jpg

IMG_4774 by YongJK, on Flickr

N888AU , dari mana ?

7812881804_20e0e850b5_c.jpg

IMG_4756 by YongJK, on Flickr

B-5266

B5266_9185s215b5.jpg

9M-MKI

9MMKI_9165s215b5.jpg

9M-AQH

9MAQH_9106s215.jpg

You cover the left and I'll cover the right! Spotters today from the right - Michael Chai, Samuel Chy, Dennis Fu, Lee Jau Hi, Samuel Wong & Mr. Wong.

group.jpg

Share mines as well :) And that's where I cover Left xD.

17th August 2012

Transasia came out, overfly through WBKK above us. And landed on Runway 02 with its roaring IAE Engines, sending its A320 to WBKK

IMG_3700copy.jpg

Of course, the main dish for today as well, The Biggest and Newest Swoosh at the moment in MH's fleet, 9M-MTH came as MH7402, an extra flight flying from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu, making a historical landing in Kota Kinabalu.

IMG_3665copy.jpg

As always, normal Airasia looks so normal that the old livery still retain. Yet the word Airasia looks straight when the plane went towards pitch down moment.

IMG_3624copy.jpg

18th August 2012

As Waiping indicated, the speciality for today is the Boeing 737-700BBJ, apart from ministry of defence from China. And yet we thought that they would bring some traditional foods from our land and yet, the plane tookoff just before Jalan Selangor.

IMG_3920copy.jpg

Yet nowadays, there's Bank Rakyat situated around WBKK for spotters to spot enough, as she had based herself in Kota Kinabalu for some periods.

IMG_3991copy.jpg

Nowadays, International routes are covered by Boeing 737-800s, except the Taipei flight, MH68/MH69. Using 9M-MLM for flights to Hong Kong.

IMG_3986copy.jpg

Lastly I would like to cover this flight , 9M-FFC, Specially dedicated for you, Alvin Lau, where you had flown on this flight, MH2640. :)

IMG_3954copy.jpg

Cheers And Enjoy :)

The Deer Jet looks stunning under that lights (even empty skin hehe).. Nice!

7 step ladder.

If i go to KK, i will buy one and can someone please keep it for me.

I believe it cannot fit inside a Waja if i rent a car!!! maybe if i lower down the back seat!!

These are all afternoon spotting, i wonder how is the intensity of Heat Haze?

Looks fine from what i see.

Good coverage gentlemen, happy holiday.

17th August 2012

Transasia came out, overfly through WBKK above us. And landed on Runway 02 with its roaring IAE Engines, sending its A320 to WBKK

IMG_3700copy.jpg

Nice! Anybody knows if they still provide a regular chartered flight between BKI/TPE ? And how about GE ? They still don't have the permit to carry non-Taiwanese from BKI to TPE now ?

Nowadays, International routes are covered by Boeing 737-800s, except the Taipei flight, MH68/MH69. Using 9M-MLM for flights to Hong Kong.

IMG_3986copy.jpg

It's the one with AVOD and sky interior! Awesome!

By the way, HKG and TPE are the only remaining cities MAS still fly to from BKI, right ? Anyway, great jobs guys! :p

Wow great spotting moments guys! :good: How I wish I could join in...btw thanks Michael Chai for spotting my flight yesterday! :p haha...I saw you guys during taxiing back to the terminal

7 step ladder.

If i go to KK, i will buy one and can someone please keep it for me.

I believe it cannot fit inside a Waja if i rent a car!!! maybe if i lower down the back seat!!

These are all afternoon spotting, i wonder how is the intensity of Heat Haze?

Looks fine from what i see.

Good coverage gentlemen, happy holiday.

Bro, the ladder should be able to fit a Waja as long as you fold the front passenger seat. The ladders shown in the photo above were "standard" equipment to their owners when spotting - 1 in a Waja and another in a Wira hatchback.

Shadow is something of concern around 11am - 2pm. Heat haze is minimal when the subject is on the runway, since it's closer. However can be a problem if the subject is at the taxiway close to the other side. Morning spot is at the other end but i haven't been there for years now.

When are you planning to drop by?

Some of today's catches -

She made a stopover en-route to DPS from HKG a few days ago. Believe she was heading back to HKG today after a quick turnaround. Just wondering if she could have done DPS - HKG direct instead.

N888AU_9215s2515b5.jpg

My main target for the day. Unfortunately the sun retired early today. Came in on time at 6.20pm.

RPC6319_9229s2515b5.jpg

She made a stopover en-route to DPS from HKG a few days ago. Believe she was heading back to HKG today after a quick turnaround. Just wondering if she could have done DPS - HKG direct instead.
Depending on weather and if it has the "LRAT" (long rang additional tank) fitted. This would have been fitted (if ordered) during the conversion from CRJ to "Phoenix CRJ"

first set of pictures from my recent spotting. :D

Quebic Oscar

_DSC5500.jpg

main dish Kilo India

_DSC5533.jpg

some side dishes Quebic Hotel

_DSC5553.jpg

thanks for viewing. :drinks:

Nice shots, Sam !!!

Missing BKI a lot when seeing these pictures; sweet memories :pardon:

Some nice traffic nowadays overthere, unlike 5-6 years ago...

Ever wonder how you can spot 5 Airasia special liveries in just 2 hours of spotting? Well here's the proof :)

1) Bank Rakyat, 9M-AHQ

IMG_4090copy.jpg

2)1st Airbus in Kota Kinabalu, 9M-AHG

IMG_4043copy.jpg

3) A True Malaysian, 9M-AFO

IMG_4051.jpg

4) Caterham Jet, 9M-AFY

IMG_4059copy.jpg

5) Expedia, 9M-AFG

IMG_4111copy.jpg

And yes some additional spots while waiting for that two hours~

9M-FFA, Ex-Firefly Jet. Miss its Orange colour...

IMG_4097copy.jpg

Golden Flight took off on the bright sunny day, whereby I think she has quite a load.

IMG_4053.jpg

Who wants some classical with pure jet engine sounds? Here it is :)

IMG_4067copy.jpg

9M-PMZ, Boeing 737-200

IMG_4063copy.jpg

9M-TGB, Boeing 727 Aircraft..

Lastly here's one nasty shot~

9M-MWG cockpit GPWS: Pull Up Pull Up...

9M-MMX: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

IMG_4062copy.jpg

Enjoy xD

nice one Michael! :D i still looking for that banana. >.

anyway, is the MWG too "heavy" to rotate? :p

MWG using the taxiway D. So it's normal to rotate from there。 :acute:

That banana landed again in WBKK with same flight, AK5102. :rofl:

By the way, I got a catch after sending my senior to airport.

IMG_4113copy.jpg

This time different angle. And yet superior when catching from this sight.

Sam, why your shots always make my eye open wide wide?!!! :shok: