MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

By the way Waiping, you didn't catch the KA 320 back to HKG yesterday ? Massive delays at HKIA. Apparently the KA evening flight yesterday back to HKG was diverted to CAN and it's been more than 15 hours now and the plane is still stuck at CAN.

Well, typhoon is in progress in that area now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-18964733

Edited by flee

Lucky you! Last time i saw a GE 321 in BKI was about 8 years ago... was a very "hardworking" spotter then :D

:D I caught another GE A321 around the same time last year.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/TransAsia-Airways/Airbus-A321-131/1964069/L/&sid=e2eee3b5a6bd9939577bd08f2f51fc7e

Heard about the diversion and flights affected by the typhoon, but can't do much since planes were diverted to airport near HKG like CAN. Unless I travel to CAN. :p

Well, typhoon is in progress in that area now...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-china-18964733

The worst in 13 years. Hope spotters in HKG are ok.

Nice! Too bad we can't buy a GE ticket from KK to TPE :(

Heard about the diversion and flights affected by the typhoon, but can't do much since planes were diverted to airport near HKG like CAN. Unless I travel to CAN. :p

I thought they canceled the return flight to HKG initially. Then I found out the flight was diverted to CAN. Anyway, the flight just landed in HKG an hour ago. That's more than 18 hours behind schedule! OMG! Anyway, i'm just happy i am not traveling to that part of the world this week :p

Anyway, the flight just landed in HKG an hour ago. That's more than 18 hours behind schedule! OMG!

Oh well, 5h1+ happens I guess :D

One can only conclude that a number of those happy smiley faces we saw roaming round KK last few days have since turned a shade or two gloomier by now :)

Good they got home intact at least :)

Edited by BC Tam

Oh well, 5h1+ happens I guess :D

One can only conclude that a number of those happy smiley faces we saw roaming round KK last few days have since turned a shade or two gloomier by now :)

Good they got home intact at least :)

I can imagine many unhappy and frustrated passengers at KKIA now. Yeah, right now lol. Their flight was supposed to leave for HKG at 1155 this morning but the new departure time is 7pm. But it is almost 7pm now and it seems the plane has not arrived at BKI yet.

I can imagine many unhappy and frustrated passengers at KKIA now. Yeah, right now lol. Their flight was supposed to leave for HKG at 1155 this morning but the new departure time is 7pm. But it is almost 7pm now and it seems the plane has not arrived at BKI yet.

Unless you are on connecting flight to other destination I still think better to stay here, and have another round of seafood dinner that people from Hong Kong GUARANTEE cannot resist! :p

Apparently it's pretty bad there: CX flight to AMS was cancelled and KL heavily delayed...

Today is a good day for spotting.

A much delayed seasonal charter UO723 from HKG, seen here operated by B-KBT in Hainan Airlines color. Supposedly ETA was 1240 but delayed until 1530. ETD 1620.

wBKBT_8368s215b-10.jpg

Followed by SEAIR A319 from MNL, operated by RP-C5320.

wRCP5320_8414s215.jpg

CI 7901 operated B-16812 arrived just before sunset around 1730 from TPE. Another seasonal charter.

wB18612_8427s215b8.jpg

face_8439_filtered.jpg

The bonus for the day - 9M-AFV operating AK5110 & AK5111.

w9MAFV_8473s215b10.jpg

Cheers!

Someone hit jackpot today kah ?! :p

Man, he totally did! Lol. Nice shots there Waiping :D

hmmm....need to drop by BKI...have not spot there since 2006.

Nice update waiping...

enjoy spotting

Apparently it's pretty bad there: CX flight to AMS was cancelled and KL heavily delayed...

The MH midnight flight to HKG was also affected, diverted to SGN. Stayed there on the ground for some hours, then flew back to KUL. Only flew again to HKG at around noon, so a 12 hr delay.

My mother was supposed to travel on CX from HND to MEL via HKG yesterday. CX changed her flights. She flew JL from HND to BKK and then BKK to MEL on TG.

Pretty nice of CX. The actually paid a lot of money to get my mum on two separate flights. The fare is enough for my mum to access the JAL's Sakura lounge at HND.

Anyone know if the airlines will pay a lot less when it comes to rerouting pax onto different carriers? JL might be a One World partner of CX, but TG has no association with CX though.

Good catches Waiping, it looks like the typhoon may have caused a deluge of flights to come in! :) QPR livery looks really nice in good light! :)

My mother was supposed to travel on CX from HND to MEL via HKG yesterday. CX changed her flights. She flew JL from HND to BKK and then BKK to MEL on TG.

Pretty nice of CX. The actually paid a lot of money to get my mum on two separate flights. The fare is enough for my mum to access the JAL's Sakura lounge at HND.

Anyone know if the airlines will pay a lot less when it comes to rerouting pax onto different carriers? JL might be a One World partner of CX, but TG has no association with CX though.

They are not paying the regular fares that the average passengers are paying. I read on A.net that airlines have something like a gentleman agreement among all the airlines under IATA. So, they are actually paying a deeply discounted last minute ticket.

Some more from today's spotting.

wM3701_8498s215b-5.jpg

wVPCEK_8553s215.jpg

Great shots, Waiping !!! You make me 'homesick' when showing these....missing spotting at BKI !!!

Nice shots, waiping :good: I believe that Falcon 900 is 'Perdana 2' from SZB.

Yup, no.2 was onboard.

Great shots, Waiping !!! You make me 'homesick' when showing these....missing spotting at BKI !!!

:good:

Some shots from a few days ago.

w9MAIM_8624s215.jpg

group2.jpg

wBHRT_8630s215.jpg

group1.jpg

w9MPMZ_8646s215.jpg

w9MMWJ_8681s215.jpg

wRPC4319_8699s215.jpg

wB22605_8665s215.jpg

Edited by Waiping

No sure, SV. I took the pictures on 31/7. Thought it may have something to do with the weather over HKG, or a technical stop. They did some checks on the right side engine i.e. at different power levels before calling it a day. Then yesterday they departed around 0930 only to come back and overnight for a second day. Only left today but time unknown.

After Raya will be a good visit to BKI....see you Waiping.

Do let me know earlier. :D