MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2012 Aircraft Deliveries to MAS Group and AirAsia Group

MS series -8H6 have winglets according to planespotters.

Heard from a relaible source that MAS may be leasing some 777-300ERs.. Anyone can confirm??

Hmm.. if that happens, it will be music to my ears. :)

TG will return 5 9W 77W next year, could these be the ones? (if the rumour is true)

TG has their own 77W as well, correct?

Edited by S V Choong

Very-very unlikely to happens... MAS is not in urgency to replace 772, so no leasing is required.. To purchase one is a different story altogether...

Heard from a relaible source that MAS may be leasing some 777-300ERs.. Anyone can confirm??

Where would MH deploys the aircraft then? MH at the moment at best does not have any destination that warrant a B77W. Fleet wise, MH has a lot of surplus aircraft after the new A380s and A333s came onboard. I think should there is a need for some aircraft, the best decision financially is to extend the lease of the existing aircraft from their respective lessors rather than creating a new trouble with this B77W.

So Iraqi is leasing D7 plane?

I think D7 never took possession of all 3 A332s. The Iraqis purchased it straight away from Airbus.

To be honest the 77W "rumors" have been around for a very long time. Even from Tengku Azmil's own mouth.

Maybe they will take up some 747 routes like AMS, SYD, NRT?

MS series -8H6 have winglets according to planespotters.

They will have winglets, and BSI. However the engines are less powerful and the range are probably shorter. Think the S in the MS-series as Sapphire, because that is what they were intended for.

They will have winglets, and BSI. However the engines are less powerful and the range are probably shorter. Think the S in the MS-series as Sapphire, because that is what they were intended for.

So are we safe to assume that the MS-series will do the bulk of domestic flying while the MX-series will be deployed on regional flights then?

Mayb a couple of 747-8I, 777Ws and a couple of 787s.. That will be good..

The 747-8I can fly into LHR- The other one or two flights a day( Rumour MH might increase frequency to 4x daily) and to SYD, LAX and MELBOURNE.. Also AMSTERDAM

MAS would operate both AIRBUS and BOEING...Airbus A330/A380 and Boeing 737-800/ 77W/787/747-8I

I remmeber when my dad was head of S&D for SHELL Msia in the late 80s and 90s, they too operated a mixture of VOLVO and SCANIA trucks. Perhaps thats the way to go!!!

Can you please discuss rumours in another topic in the General Aviation forum?

This thread is for solid deliveries only!

Thanks! :)

Edited by flee

The 747-8I can fly into LHR- The other one or two flights a day( Rumour MH might increase frequency to 4x daily) and to SYD, LAX and MELBOURNE.. Also AMSTERDAM

MAS would operate both AIRBUS and BOEING...Airbus A330/A380 and Boeing 737-800/ 77W/787/747-8I

I remmeber when my dad was head of S&D for SHELL Msia in the late 80s and 90s, they too operated a mixture of VOLVO and SCANIA trucks. Perhaps thats the way to go!!!

Sure or not? I heard MH to increase frequency 8x daily to BKK, HKG, LHR and SYD, 4x daily to MEL, AMS and 2x daily to LAX, CDG and FRA with A380.

At this point of time, considering the amount of info that we have in the entire forum, I don't think any sane members would suggest something like that.

For MH to operate a B748, B77W and the B787, that will be mostly in your wishful thinking. A simple research on the current fleet and destinations would lead that to void.

Suggesting MH to fly the B748 to LHR is just spastic. I mean MH just purchased a batch of A380 and just upgraded the LHR flight to 2 daily A380 6 days ago and you are suggesting that? Where would the A380 to be deployed then? BKI?

Regarding suggesting MH to increase LHR to 4 daily, now you are sounding very much like that banned member, Michael. MH at most has slots for 2 daily flights, sold the 3rd daily slots to Air India back in 2006, LHR is a slot restricted airport, I mean there is just so many hard facts that are just not supporting that. Research, research, research!

MH has been operating a mixture of Airbus and Boeing aircraft eversince.

My dad was a clerk at the post office since the mid 70s but I am smart.

Just a tips, if you want to come out with a rumour, make it splashing and really from insider's sources (like hacking a MH member's intranet email account, or planting spies at different departments within MH's HQ, or stealing documents/pictures from them, or bribe/blackmail MH staff that happen to be your friends to ask for the info that you want). I have been doing rumour stuff for MW since 2007, but this is just pathetic.

At this point of time, considering the amount of info that we have in the entire forum, I don't think any sane members would suggest something like that.

For MH to operate a B748, B77W and the B787, that will be mostly in your wishful thinking. A simple research on the current fleet and destinations would lead that to void.

Suggesting MH to fly the B748 to LHR is just spastic. I mean MH just purchased a batch of A380 and just upgraded the LHR flight to 2 daily A380 6 days ago and you are suggesting that? Where would the A380 to be deployed then? BKI?

Regarding suggesting MH to increase LHR to 4 daily, now you are sounding very much like that banned member, Michael. MH at most has slots for 2 daily flights, sold the 3rd daily slots to Air India back in 2006, LHR is a slot restricted airport, I mean there is just so many hard facts that are just not supporting that. Research, research, research!

MH has been operating a mixture of Airbus and Boeing aircraft eversince.

My dad was a clerk at the post office since the mid 70s but I am smart.

Just a tips, if you want to come out with a rumour, make it splashing and really from insider's sources (like hacking a MH member's intranet email account, or planting spies at different departments within MH's HQ, or stealing documents/pictures from them, or bribe/blackmail MH staff that happen to be your friends to ask for the info that you want). I have been doing rumour stuff for MW since 2007, but this is just pathetic.

Those are rather harsh words Mohd. I'm a silent member, been reading your wonderful trip reports insiders scoops etc they are wonderful and thanks for that but I am actually quite surprised this came from you. Had it been sarcasm instead of this it would've sounded a bit more tactful.

IMHO there are 2 types of rumors, 1. the acceptable rumors, and 2. the daydreaming rumors. While we love to listen to rumors, however there are some rumors which can be told to everyone out there but not here in Mwings forum. People here are way too advance about aviation climate in Malaysia hence the accuracy is needed before it can be 'aired' in Mwings forum.

So, my conclusion, BE REALISTIC, and double check the fact before rumoring around!

Thanks for your comments.. but YOU ARE JUST RUDE- Mohd Azizul. I was just sharing what I heard. No harm rite???

lets see!!

Though we like to get updates from insiders, tangible "rumours" would be appreciated better than those which sound naive or mere wild-wishes. Introducing multiple flights to a certain airport will have to be supported by traffic rights and the economics must be there to support such services. Compare 4x daily to LHR vs 8x daily to SIN - from KUL.

Also, economics play a role in introducing a new aircraft type. An airline will not buy a particular model just because I think it is nice to have or looks good. I will sound ignorant if I say I heard/ I would like/ my aunty said MH will get 10 A320s next month to operate only domestic routes, without backing that up with further solid arguments.

I would like to believe that MW would prefer quality postings.