MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2012 Aircraft Deliveries to MAS Group and AirAsia Group

So meaning AK is slowly repainting all aircraft to the new "standard" livery?

does it relates to the crack issue?

Yes, only MNC has had its wings temporarily fixed (Airbus still has not come up with a permanent fix yet). That was why its delivery was delayed by about two months.

MNA and MNB will need to go back to TLS for the fix once MH has enough aircraft to service LHR double daily.

It appears that MH has taken MNA out of service already - MNB and MNC are now flying the LHR services.

Four? :blink: what is the rego of the aircraft?

Yeah, four IFE boxes in each row in Y. It was 9M-MXE if my memory serves me correctly.

I think that they only fly one 6+ hour sector per day and they overnight on the islands (Honolulu, Marshall Islands and Guam).

I guess it'll be MH's crew, since the plane's already handed over to the airline.

at least 2 sets of crew are needed for the island hopping delivery flight :)

Usually 3 captains will fly the plane back, taking turns in becoming PIC. They are usually AEs, the most experienced of the instructor pilots. There will be others too on the flight; engineers and other company and DCA officials involved in the delivery process.

Addition to Capt Radzi's post, most of the time, there will be 9 people onboard.

Usually the nite stop will be at Honolulu and Guam while Majuro will be the tech stop for refueling only. Sometimes they will nite stop at Kona instead of Honolulu..

Usually 3 captains will fly the plane back, taking turns in becoming PIC. They are usually AEs, the most experienced of the instructor pilots. There will be others too on the flight; engineers and other company and DCA officials involved in the delivery process.

Now that sounds very interesting. So Captain, no nite stopping for the crew lah rite?

In previous meeting, AirAsia had finalised the aircraft allocation for all the Air Asia company. Any insight of number of new buses coming to AK?

The Group will take delivery of eleven A320 aircraft in the final quarter of the year (2012), which

will be deployed in Malaysia (5), Indonesia (3), Japan (1) and Thailand (2).

Source: AirAsia Bursa Malaysia filing.

9M-MXLR delivery 20-22nov12 BFI-HNL-MAJ-GUM-KUL

Reaching KUL 23 Nov 2012 on a rainy day

9MMLRw.jpg

Edited by Chaity

I'm quite confused now...pls correct me if I'm wrong friends...

the 738s of ML- series are leased and are without the sky interior.

the MX series are all owned by PMB/MAS and all have the sky interior..

Am I right? and considering the growing numbers of ML series together with MX series I reckon are we phasing out the 734s so fast that we need to lease the 738s to replace them?

thanks

I'm quite confused now...pls correct me if I'm wrong friends...

the 738s of ML- series are leased and are without the sky interior.

the MX series are all owned by PMB/MAS and all have the sky interior..

Am I right? and considering the growing numbers of ML series together with MX series I reckon are we phasing out the 734s so fast that we need to lease the 738s to replace them?

thanks

All MX-series are -8H6 and comes with BSI.

FFA to FFE, MLD and MLE are previously used by other airlines .

FFF and MLF to MLL are -8FZ. They are new-builds but don't have BSI.

MLM onwards are -8H6 and comes with BSI.

Hope this helps.