MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Emirates & Dubai General Thread

A neat deal definitely. Who needs Air Asia X now ... :finger: Those living in BKI, KCH and KUL can definitely take advantage of this promotion too as we are now spoiled with choices to fly into Changi with such low fares :drinks:

It's high time that MH review its Enrich miles accrual policy as well....i only came to know that low fares and basis fares no longer entitled for miles accrual....that's insane.....

It's high time that MH review its Enrich miles accrual policy as well....i only came to know that low fares and basis fares no longer entitled for miles accrual....that's insane.....

Indeed. Since December last year if my memory serves me correctly.

If I am not wrong, this is a three week return fare. Which is quite ideal for travellers and holiday seekers.

Unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of this fare due to personal reasons :( Isaac, when are you coming to Melbourne to study and to visit me? =@

Well, the information on the enrich website is misleading since it is still not updated yet....

Well, the information on the enrich website is misleading since it is still not updated yet....

Edited by Kenneth T

Isaac, when are you coming to Melbourne to study and to visit me? =@

Real soon. I hope :drinks: Wallet kind of tight now. I even cancel my late April trip to SIN. Will tell you more next time i write to you. By the way, posting from New Zealand eh ? Can't wait to see your pictures on EK !

Yeah in Wellington now after a day in Auckland. Will do a trip report after i have returned to Melbourne. ;)

EK406 from Melbourne to Auckland was jam packed. The rear section of the Airbus A340-500 was literally filled up by our counterparts, the Chinese from mainland. Never have I seen this kind of situation before, especially in a far flung land outside of China.

Edited by S V Choong

EK406 from Melbourne to Auckland was jam packed. The rear section of the Airbus A340-500 was literally filled up by our counterparts, the Chinese from mainland. Never have I seen this kind of situation before, especially in a far flung land outside of China.

There are many rich Chinese and they travel in doves.

:drinks:

There are many rich Chinese and they travel in doves.

The Chinese are coming!

The Chinese are coming!

Positive side of that is you get to see an increase presence of things Chinese - language and entertainment.

The down side is that you have to live with their bad habits. Sorry to generalise things a little but it was a noisy flight and mainlanders seemed to like squeezing through people without saying "excuse me". They need to be sent to concentration camps and re-educated with Confucian manners and customs which was taken away by the Communist party.

I managed to book the fare for 2 pax SIN-MEL-SIN for SGD403 each. Managed to grab the last 2 seats for the June holidays. Not sure if I am looking forward to a flight chocked full of noisy school kids but hey, for that price I cannot complain. :lol:

Edited by Ryan Soh

I managed to book the fare for 2 pax SIN-MEL-SIN for SGD403 each. Managed to grab the last 2 seats for the June holidays. Not sure if I am looking forward to a flight chocked full of noisy school kids but hey, for that price I cannot complain. :lol:

Hope you have a better luck this time with the immigration officer! ;)

Make a seat request via Skywards! IMO the front cabin is slightly better, less people moving along the aisle. The aisles are extremely narrow on EK's 777!

SGD 403 return is a bargain.

When does school holidays start in June ?

A few days ago, Qatar Airways (QR) announced that they are going to start their own LCC too. More pressure and competitions ahead.

Qatar Airways CEO Akbar al-Baker said the airline was currently contemplating setting up its own low-cost carrier in the face of increasing competition from the region budget carrier sector.

And the moment finally comes. QR's LCC will emerge within 90 days.

Qatar Airways chief executive officer Akbar Al Baker has said that the carrier has 'a complete structure in place' to launch a budget airline within 90 days if the carrier's market share is eroded by any competitor, claiming to have already flown a low cost plane in the guise of a 'full-service' plane. Though no names were mentioned the statement is believed to be a reference to the launch of Emirates-backed FlyDubai.

Qatar Airways poised to launch budget carrier

By Shakir Husain, Staff Reporter

Published: May 05, 2009, 22:58

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=...0KZ&u=LV1MR

Dubai: Qatar Airways, one of the world's fastest growing airlines, on Tuesday raised the possibility of taking on Dubai's fledgling budget carrier flydubai by saying it was prepared to launch a low-cost service of its own "within 90 days" to protect its market share from competition. Qatar Airways chief executive officer Akbar Al Baker said his airline has already flown a low-cost plane in "the guise of a full-service aircraft" so that it is in a position to launch a low-cost carrier at short notice.

"If we find that any low-cost carrier is taking our market share, in 90 days Qatar Airways will be able to launch a comparable product," Al Baker said yesterday in obvious reference to flydubai, which has been set up with the support of Emirates and is launching commercial flights next month to Amman and Jordan.

Although the Qatar Airways chief avoided directly naming any airlines as his rivals, UAE-based Emirates and Etihad are seen as the main rivals of the Doha-based airline. Flydubai has been set up with the support of Emirates but will be have its operations independent of the latter.

Admitting that 90 days is a very short time in the aviation industry, Al Baker said he had "a complete structure in place" to launch a budget airline "if we are threatened or our market share is eroded by a competitor." The airline on Tuesday said it will continue its network and fleet expansions despite the global travel being hit by the economic slowdown.

I just think that a penguin nor a dolphin don't connect at all with Qatar, do they?

Interesting choice of animal. Now it's really a jungle up there. :p

I just think that a penguin nor a dolphin don't connect at all with Qatar, do they?

i guess you're right. i got a little mixed up. just did some googling and they have been in the industry for over 7 years now. my bad :sorry:

Believe Ryan will post TR in due course :good:

Just to share some photos.

20090514018.jpg

20090514021.jpg

EK PTV is a generation advanced than MH.

20090514024.jpg

20090514035.jpg

Mood light

20090516034.jpg

agree...thats insane

Sign in to follow this