MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Imran K.

Chatter Chatter

hey guys...

I was trying to record a particular atc transmission (regarding a particular delivery flight) this morning, when i realized that almost 98% of the members on MalaysianWings have not heard any ATC/Aircraft chatter from my side of the world.

Realizing that, i decided to leave the scanner running (and the recording program on..what else..RECORD) and managed to record 3 MP3 selections.

I'll give you the link to the smallest one first...and based on demand...ill subsequently post the other 2 links.

Do leave your comments..! :)

Enjoy!

First_Selection.mp3

I only hear aircraft calls but no ground-based calls. You scanned it from your house? How about moving nearer to the airport? :-D

Which airline's callsign is Everest?

I only hear aircraft calls but no ground-based calls. You scanned it from your house? How about moving nearer to the airport? :-D

Which airline's callsign is Everest?

Moving nearer to the airport = suicide :(

Everest..no such callsign sir..maybe u heard it wrongly.

Departure.. good morning,Emirates 45 passing 1000 climb 3000 papa one echo departure?

Lufthansa 639

cool cooll ATC! and i love tat german ascent...

Moving nearer to the airport = suicide :(

Everest..no such callsign sir..maybe u heard it wrongly.

Yeah, move closer to the airport.

Bring a bazooka zoom.

Wear a camo.

And run away when yoe see the police, but make sure they see you run.

Could make world news....

Imran, hope you don't mind me using this thread :D as it is actually the same subject.

borrow thread :p

Where can i get more of these ATC transmissions ? Any Malaysian 1's ? :lol:

Here's a recording I made at my office which is within the WMKF control zone. Therefore you can hear only Sempang Tower and TUDM/Flying Club traffic. I have to try recording some at KLIA one of these days.

WARNING: It's 2.775MB

http://www.geocities.com/ashwar.geo/large_...KF_28022006.mp3

You'll find that the style of the controllers/pilots is quite different from, say, KLIA or Subang where they are more professional (like TK, Radzi and LeeCH). In fact if you listen to some of the Malaysian MH pilots on the R/T you'd think that they're expats. "Lumpur" is pronounced similar to "bumper" and so on.

In my recording you can hear beeps and double-beeps which you don't hear in the aircraft and that's only because I set my scanner to receive on 126.1 (Lumpur Information) while keeping watch on 126.5 (Sempang Tower). So when the scanner switches from one to the other channel it plays a beep to tell me that the other frequency is being activated and after that a double beep to say that it's now returning to the watch frequency. Unfortunately I couldn't catch any transmission on 126.1 that time as all the flights were within the WMKF control zone.

Edited by Attan

What I heard is ...

".......Lufthansa 639......Deeparrture good morning..e-mi-rat-ze 45 passing one thousand climbing three thousand papa one eeecho departure"

departure good morning emirates 107, seven hundred feet climbing three thousand..XXXXX" Cant heard it clearly!

:D

Edited by Min Chun

borrow thread :p

Where can i get more of these ATC transmissions ? Any Malaysian 1's ? :lol:

It gets interesting here if one catches "Perdana 1" or "Perdana 2" in the air. ;)

.ny

Alright guys...

Good news for you! I'm going to a friends house later on for a party, and he lives right beside the airport (i.e tower in sight). So im gonna be recording quite a few tower transmissions (and this time..you'll be able to hear the controller :p ) If we're lucky, we might even be able to hear fellow MW member Collin Kok as he takes off bound for SIN.

Stay tuned ! B)

Alright guys...

Good news for you! I'm going to a friends house later on for a party, and he lives right beside the airport (i.e tower in sight). So im gonna be recording quite a few tower transmissions (and this time..you'll be able to hear the controller :p ) If we're lucky, we might even be able to hear fellow MW member Collin Kok as he takes off bound for SIN.

Stay tuned ! B)

Thanks..bro imran

Alright guys...

Stay tuned ! B)

Err..how come i've never heard about Collin Kok? NOt a very active member i suppose? :D

Tze Shan or anyone, still saving TK's record?

opps min chun , now only i open this treat, sorry for late replying your request...

yea i still got, it had already becam my 'sms' tone :lol: malaysian niner one rolling....

Err..how come i've never heard about Collin Kok? NOt a very active member i suppose? :D

New Member laaa... Lee CH Friend. Most Active in aviation Collectable.

i believe imran's is a receiver

That's true. I dont think my intentions warrant the usage of a transceiver.

FYI, I use the UNIDEN BEARCAT UBC30XLT. I can pick up FM (for those boring periods when aircrafts dont want to land or takeoff :p ), Airband, and VHF (frequencies from 137-173.99). Previously, I thought I wouldnt venture into VHF territory, but the transmissions you can hone into are rather interesting! For example, I was out at the beach with my *ahem ahem*...and I left the scanner in the "SCAN" mode. Suddenly, I heard this...

"Megastar Pisces, Starboard 12 degrees is a tug, report in sight"

"I see it..bearing 312 degrees"

and this..

"Arabiya Princess, you are cleared to drop anchor, switch on the fish finder and schoals of barracudas are reported in your area"

"Wallah we will drop anchor now. Fish finder on. Our king is boarding now, report coast guard has been dispatched"

"Coast guard has been dispatched. Good Evening."

Nice! B)

Here I am in my bedroom at 11.40pm 29/3/06 Malaysian time, and a female voice is on 132.8 for clearance to VPG. Lady-pilots being a rare species, I opened my ear and heard her calling from N674RW. Did a quick search on the web, and found that 674RW is a Coca-Cola Gulfstream V biz-jet. It's not so boring after all here. :-)

.ny

Here I am in my bedroom at 11.40pm 29/3/06 Malaysian time, and a female voice is on 132.8 for clearance to VPG. Lady-pilots being a rare species, I opened my ear and heard her calling from N674RW. Did a quick search on the web, and found that 674RW is a Coca-Cola Gulfstream V biz-jet. It's not so boring after all here. :-)

.ny

You own a scanner Naim? What brand?

You own a scanner Naim? What brand?

12-yr-old box - Netset. That's how long I've been snooping. Just don't tell the goon squad, ok? IPB Image

.ny

12-yr-old box - Netset. That's how long I've been snooping. Just don't tell the goon squad, ok? IPB Image

.ny

IPB Image Ohhh goooooon squaaaaaad...

Just kidding mate. Netset...hmm...ive never heard of them. Will run a google search soon. Does yours work on a 'line of sight' basis, or have you connected it to an external antenna?

IPB Image Ohhh goooooon squaaaaaad...

Just kidding mate. Netset...hmm...ive never heard of them. Will run a google search soon. Does yours work on a 'line of sight' basis, or have you connected it to an external antenna?

Well, as I said the set is 12+ yrs old now. Picked it up at Tottenham Court Rd. Maybe Netset is not so popular now. I rigged an antenna on the roof (made of TV VHF antenna). OK lah, though ground-based transmission a bit weak. Maybe I should re-rig the antenna for better reception. If signal is strong, the stub antenna (like walkies) works well. Been itching to get one of those cute late models whenever I went to the US. Btw, is it on sale in Dubai?

.ny

Sign in to follow this