MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

ERL on track to complete new link to KLIA2, woo more users

EXPRESS Rail Link Sdn Bhd (ERL) expects better passenger growth after the completion of the 2.2km extension track linking the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and the new low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) by October next year.

In the first 10 months of this year, ERL carried 13,095 passengers, an increase of 16 per cent from 11,261 in the same period last year.

ERL executive chairman Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh is confident that the KLIA Express and KLIA Transit ridership will improve further once the rail link service is completed. "The link is now 14.2 per cent complete."

Nadzmi, speaking to reporters after the ISO certification ceremony, said the ride between the ERL station at KLIA and KLIA2 will take three minutes.

The company has invested RM1.1 million to undertake several initiatives to improve customers' experience, which included enhancement of fare collections system, e-ticketing system and free Wi-Fi connectivity.

"The initiatives also included the interior refurbishment of 12 KLIA Express trains, scheduled for completion in April next year," he said.

Yesterday, ERL was officially presented the ISO 9001:2008 certification for the scope provision of rail services between KLIA and KL Sentral by the awarding body Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance.

In his speech earlier, Nadzmi said with the certification, customers are assured that ERL is committed to maintain the highest standards of effectiveness and responsiveness in achieving the company's goal.

ERL is the first train operator in Malaysia to be accorded the ISO certification for total customer satisfaction. Also present was ERL chief executive officer Noormah Mohd Noor.

Source

Indeed it is pathetic. Hardly enough to pay back the operating cost, let alone the financing of the cost of construction.

Then again, Malaysia is full of white elephant projects, which is how many well connected ones get richer.

Let's see what they have come up with when they construct the tower at Sungai Besi airport site and how deep their pocket is. Or there won't be a tower if they get voted out in the next General Elections (but I wouldn't count on it though!)

Edited by S V Choong

I believe there has been a mistake in the quoted number. My assumption is that the number is for passengers of KLIA Express only, excluding KLIA Transit. KLIA Transit enjoys a higher traffic everyday especially with office folks commuting between KL and Putrajaya, people even standing inside the trains like in LRTs because all seats are taken.

The last I rode on it, passengers were scarce.

Interior looks a bit run down with worn seats. But nevertheless, it is clean.

Even so, 44 pax per day on average on the KLIA express seemed pathetic... wonder if that is a mistake.

Average 44 pax per day

From ERL's own schedule, there should be 142 trains running daily

Meaning there are at least 98 trains running completely empty every day :blink:

Wonder no more - Malaysia Boleh :lol:

Average 44 pax per day

From ERL's own schedule, there should be 142 trains running daily

Meaning there are at least 98 trains running completely empty every day :blink:

Wonder no more - Malaysia Boleh :lol:

I'm glad I'm not contributing my income tax to fund white elephants...

No lah, I was more like poking fun at quality of reporting we have here :)

After these few days, seems no one has been bothered enough to verify the figures and acknowledge error

Even the sceptical pessimist in me cannot imagine 44 pax per day on the ERL :D

Proposed ERL Line To KLIA2 To Be On Display

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 3 (Bernama) -- Express Rail Link Sdn Bhd (ERL) will be putting up a Public Display of the proposed extension of the ERL line from KLIA's Main Terminal Building to the new low-cost carrier terminal, KLIA2.

The display will be available from Jan 6 to April 5, 2012 between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday, ERL said in a statement today.

"It will be available at KLIA Express Arrival Hall at Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station and the Land Public Transport Commission office, 13th floor, Menara Dayabumi, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, Kuala Lumpur," it added.

-- BERNAMA

Source : http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v6/newsbusiness.php?id=637732

Took the ERL tonight and after departing and walking down to the other end of the platform I saw a display of the proposed plans. Once the extension is opened the KL Transit will use a common platform at KLIA one and I can see tape markings on floor the showing the proposed location of the ticket gates etc.

Details of the plans can be found here: http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/ERLExtensionToKLIA2/tabid/304/Default.aspx

Sign in to follow this