MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Arthur Van Straten

Eaglexpressair Charter

They are actively hiring. For various positions. Not sure about Malaysia, but i heard they are avoiding MH on home turf and instead focus on charters from other countries. Planning for second aircraft is underway.

Saw the tail of an Eagle Express aircraft (presumably MPD) in the hangar at KLIA last week.

Saw the tail of an Eagle Express aircraft (presumably MPD) in the hangar at KLIA last week.

Went in for further repainting, that's what I heard...

Today no longer there. Didn't see it anywhere in KLIA either.

She is still inside hangar 6. Getting her new dress done.

I came across an updated topic on pprune regarding Eaglexpress. Apart from that the topic writer apparently has some sour grapes, it struck me as onreal that a B744 F/O can be offered only a 5k usd salary per month. Let alone 2k as the topicwriter claims. Hard to believe, but if true, i understand his sour grapes.

That's why, my question, how is this airline doing recently, Haj season is upcoming etc.

Here is the quote;

Dear All,
I have been ****** by that company,and a conman his name is Azlan Zainal Abidin the CEO,he asked me to pay for my B747-400 type rating in the USA,and he will offer me a job starting as a First Officer the job offer was $5k per month and I did signed the contact before I start the training,and then after I finished my type rating,he change the contract,and offered me $2K,and I had to pay my apartment in KL,and my flight tickets and the transportation too,then when I asked why they did that and when I will get my salary!?,they terminate my contract the next day and I was out out just like that!!,I lost so much money and I'm without a job and can't find a job on the B747-400 any were!!,I hope no one go to work for them!eusa_wall.gifeusa_naughty.gif

As a side note, and topic drift, does anybody on this board knows what is with Nick H.? Have not seen him for ages on this board.

Cheers

A.v.S.

Well, after about 500 hits on the topic i had expected a little bit more information than just the one from

Adam C. who directed us to the companies website.

There is more info on PPrune than here at malaysianwings despite the fact that the topic concerns a Malaysian company.

Maybe indeed nobody knows anything or we are dealing here with the best kept aviation secret in Malaysia.

The moderators can close this topic.

My sidenote on Nick H. Also a nogo item.

Cheers

A.v.S.

I heard they are recruiting.

From a friend's FB posting:

Recruitment for Flight Crew
Gentlemen,
Do call our recruitment manager
" ZAITON " +6014-839 2021 for further details
Open for CAPTAIN & First Officer ( Malaysian )
Do come on Monday 10th June 2013 at 10:00 Am
At AQUA ARA DAMANSARA. Above Affin Bank on the 3rd Floor.
The general criteria for :
FO : Min 1500 hours multiple crew jet above 60 TON
( excluding props hours )
Capt : Min 7000 hours multiple crew jet above 60
TON ( excluding props hours ) with min
2500 Command hours.
With age below 60 years from the date of join.
The package deal will be discuss further by her.
So gentlemen .... You are welcome to join us the
" EAGLEXPRESSS AIR CHARTER "

Hi AvS,

OffTopic;

Naim alerted me on this post.

Contrary to the NoGo I've actually been very much On the Go.

For the past 18 months finishing my Ride Around Asean Plan. Soon will be riding parts of the world with US West Coast beginning next two weeks, Himalayas after Eid, Myanmar at year end, with Inner Mongolia, Eastern Russia and Patagonia in 2014.
Still in the thick of Commercial Aviation but tied up with non-disclosure agreements so cannot say much here.

Cheers,

North Thailand overlooking Myanmar ( Doi Tung )
fb20121216S2D4_34.jpg

East Thailand overlooking Laos ( Phu Chi Fa )

fb20121217S2D5_21.jpg

Hot Air Ballooning at Vang Vieng, Laos.
fb20121222S2D11_09.jpg

Pol Pot's Grave at Anlong Veng, Cambodia.

fb20130111S3D9_18.jpg

For those interested Full Story is here. N4TION ADVLux 2012

Cheers Art, and Long Live MWings.

Edited by Nik H.

Hi AvS,

OffTopic;

Naim alerted me on this post.

Contrary to the NoGo I've actually been very much On the Go.

For the past 18 months finishing my Ride Around Asean Plan. Soon will be riding parts of the world with US West Coast beginning next two weeks, Himalayas after Eid, Myanmar at year end, with Inner Mongolia, Eastern Russia and Patagonia in 2014.

Still in the thick of Commercial Aviation but tied up with non-disclosure agreements so cannot say much here.

Cheers,

North Thailand overlooking Myanmar ( Doi Tung )

fb20121216S2D4_34.jpg

East Thailand overlooking Laos ( Phu Chi Fa )

fb20121217S2D5_21.jpg

Hot Air Ballooning at Vang Vieng, Laos.

fb20121222S2D11_09.jpg

Pol Pot's Grave at Anlong Veng, Cambodia.

fb20130111S3D9_18.jpg

For those interested Full Story is here. N4TION ADVLux 2012

Cheers Art, and Long Live MWings.

Welcome back Captain!

Seems like you are having a great time sir! Great coverage on your TR!!

Eaglexpress Air Charter closes sale-leasebacks on two B747-400 aircraft

Eaglexpress Air Charter Sdn Bhd (www.eaglexpressair.com), a privately held Malaysian global Umrah/Hajj charter operator, has successfully closed two sale-leaseback transactions on two Boeing 747-400 aircraft with aircraft lessor Aersale, Inc, a Florida corporation. Read more here: http://eaglexpressair.com/eaglexpress-air-charter-closes-sale-leasebacks-on-two-b747-400-aircraft/

Edited by Adam Lawrence

They are adding one A330-200 to their fleet, leased from Guggenheim Aviation Partners. Ex-Monarch Airlines A330-243 G-SMAN. 16.6 yeas old. RR engines.

Edited by JuliusWong

They are adding one A330-200 to their fleet, leased from Guggenheim Aviation Partners. Ex-Monarch Airlines A330-243 G-SMAN. 16.6 yeas old. RR engines.

Their first A330-300 has now been painted in flynas colour.

Registration will be 9M-AZL.

Source: http://worldairlinenews.com/2015/11/20/former-monarch-airlines-airbus-a330-200-finds-a-new-home/

Staff paid despite financial troubles, says Eaglexpressair

PETALING JAYA: Eaglexpressair Charter (Eaglexpressair) has dismissed allegations that it did not pay its employees for the past three months, insisting that it has done so despite having no business since early this year.
Speaking to FMT, a spokesman said that the airlines had been digging into their reserves to pay their staff and many of its other “parties” as well.
“It was the last two months that we couldn’t pay them full salaries. Instead, we have been paying them some form of allowances for those who requested,” the spokesman said, adding this included those in the top management as well.
Earlier today, mStar Online reported that a source claimed 300 staff of a charter airline company had not received salaries for three months.
Meanwhile, the Eaglexpressair spokesman went on to explain that the reason behind its financial uncertainty previously was due to the lack of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) certificate.
More:

300 permanent staffs for a company that operates for a few months in a year is not a sensible business model.

Why are they operating for just a few months in a year?