MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Taiwan's Eva Air inks LOI for 10 A321s

Taiwanese carrier Eva Air has signed a letter of intent to lease 10 Airbus A321 aircraft to tap on the growing traffic to China.

The airline expects to receive the first two A321s in October next year and the remaining eight by 2014, said its chairman James Jeng in an interview. The carrier is also in talks for an additional eight A321s, he added.

The aircraft would enable EVA Air to serve China more effectively, he said.

"We would also like to increase frequency on the China routes, but there is a need to negotiate with China," he added.

The A321s would also be deployed on services outside China as they are cost-effective, said Jeng.

Eva Air's passenger aircraft fleet includes 11 Airbus A330s, three Boeing 747-400s and four 747-400 Combis, and 15 Boeing 777-300ERs, as well as three MD-90s operated by subsidiary Uni Air, data in Flightglobal's ACAS database shows.

Source

Took them long enough! Flew on the 321 twice and i really like it. It's just a narrowbody aircraft but it gives people the feel of a widebody aircraft probably due to its long fuselage. It'd be interesting to see how they are going to configure this plane type.

By the way, they also plan to order an additional 10x 77W for expansion as well as to replace the remaining 744/74M in operation.

I think the 321s are intended to serve China-Taiwan shuttles. Both sides are now negotiating to expand direct flights to more airports such as Nanjing, Tianjin, Xian, etc beyond the current regular routes Beijing, Hongqiao and Pudong.

I'm sure they will consider BKI...

They already experimented with their subsidiary, Uni Air, years ago

Alas ...... :)

Sign in to follow this