MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
amzari

Abandoned Fokker F-50s at Subang

IPB Image

This is one sad scenic picture and translate very strongly of a sad Pelangi F50.

"The end of an era"

I'm so furious...how can they leave my beloved like this....????? Darn!

Edited by Adrian M

You really made me sad and :angry:

What a way to let this beautifully shaped airplane rot-away :o

Thanks for the update, Amzari, I believe the F27 looks like ex-Oman Aviation; can anyone of you guys update me on this 3C-registered aircraft ?

Thanks for the pics Amzari..Those pics that u took..where they at Terminal 3..???

There is one pelangi F50 parked as u cross the bridge from the runway to transmile Apron and also to mas Hangar...So this mean that there are 2 Pelangi F 50 in subang or more??

Raj..there is only 1 Pelangi's Fokker at Subang.The one that you said has been moved to the Terminal 3 recently.. together with the 2 Dornier 228..

Ectually i wanna ask if the aircraft is in this type of condition can it be Refix and start flying again?

WW2 aircraft has been dug from the groung, repaired and flown again, so I think it is technically possible. Economical? Maybe not.

Thanks Amzari..Any chance of Subang Airport getting an Upgrade???

With Transmile growing fleet and new Small Private Companies comming up..Cause when ever u drive aroun subang airport..U see transmile plane park in diff places..

Edited by raj

:( Sad... :(

I rode EchoRomeo once SZB-KTE-SZB (or was it SZB still known as KUL then? :huh: :unsure: ...)

Fine aircraft this turboprop...

And those were the days when you ride F50 for KUL-KUA or KUL-JHB :rolleyes:

(BTW, F50 expert Pieter and Adrian, the Pelangi Pitot/Probe just below the cockpit side windows are in a different configuration than MH F50... anyone know the reason? MH F50 have 2 pitot/probe and angle of attack vane in between. But the Pelangi, as seen in the photo only have one pitot/probe and one angle of attack vane.)

No idea, Dante, KLM cityhopper F50's have 4 pitot tubes: 2 at each side + the vane...also, KLC has the FMS in their F50's (easy life ;) )...

Yup..Transmile was the main operator at the SZB right now.No major upgrade work currently on the pipeline.But,for a next few months,there will be a some maintainance works(eg painting back the treshold,runway,taxiway,replacing lights,etc)

Awesome pics and topic, Amazri. Was going to start a similar one today, out of curiousity after Sandeep kindly showed us SZB on Saturday.

Pieter, 3C-QRZ = Laoag International Airlines, however was meant to have (or only temporarily) took up the marking RP-C588 with the same carrier. As PH-SFI in '91 Schreiner operated it for Oman Aviation.

FYI, at JHB on 23rd MEQ was noted open (imagine the smell) and is parked along with MAI MD-82 S7-ASK, and seldom moving An-12BP UR-TSI. On the 24th, two DH7's were also noted, are there UN birds? My apologies we arrived/departed at night.

Pieter, 3C-QRZ = Laoag International Airlines, however was meant to have (or only temporarily) took up the marking RP-C588 with the same carrier. As PH-SFI in '91 Schreiner operated it for Oman Aviation.

Thanks, bro, always thought to have noticed some sort of Omani colours ;)

Hi, my first post here in MW. Just a quick question, but isn't the aircraft shot in the picture a F27, not a F50? Correct me if I'm wrong, perhaps I missed something in earlier replies.

Kelvin,

The 9M-aircraft is a Fokker F27 mk 050 (= Fokker 50) and the 3C- aircraft is a Fokker F27 Friendship...look at the different windows... ;)

Sign in to follow this