MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mike P

RM 150 - RM 200 Fee to Change Name on AK and D7 Issued Tickets

Name Change option annulled

Name Change option will no longer be available for any bookings, effective 1 November 2011.

However, guest(s) who booked before 1 November 2011 will be entitled to a one (1) time name change*. Name change fees are as listed below.

AirAsia flights

Name Change Fee (Per person)

AUD 55

BND 70

CNY 350

EUR 40

GBP 35

HKD 410

IDR 470000

INR 2300

JPY 4500

KRW 60000

LKR 6000

MOP 430

MYR 150

NZD 65

PHP 2300

SGD 70

THB 1600

TWD 1600

USD 55

AirAsia X flights

Name Change Fee (Per person)

AUD 83

BND 86

CNY 490

EUR 52

GBP 50

HKD 600

IDR 628000

INR 3100

JPY 5500

KRW 93000

LKR 8150

MOP 575

MYR 200

NZD 99

PHP 3095

SGD 90

THB 2100

TWD 2160

USD 78 *subjected to Terms and Conditions

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/latestnews/name-change-annulled.page

Name change expensive i guess :pardon: RM150-RM200

By means not allowing passengers name to be changed to others reduce the plane's weight and therefore save more fuel. Brilliant!

Otherwise freeing up another seat so that it can be taken by a show-up passenger so they can get a double profit on one seat....3 words.. OUT-OF-ORDER...

Otherwise freeing up another seat so that it can be taken by a show-up passenger so they can get a double profit on one seat....3 words.. OUT-OF-ORDER...

It's more like standby passengers. I'm not sure if they allowed that now...

The other side of the story:

1 Fraud levels must be quite high - there are actually people who try to make money from AirAsia sales by booking lots of tickets and reselling to others.

2 If you are familiar with the AirAsia booking system, you can now store the names of your family and friends in your profile. So you do not need to type in their names and other details anymore. Thus human error can be reduced.

3 More often than not, name change requires manual intervention - so it costs more to service this request.

4 Possible future marketing or revenue opportunity. By revoking this facility, it may be reintroduced in future as a "new" perk in some future marketing programme.

Frankly speaking, I am not sure why people can make mistakes with names - it is understandable if it is a typo error. However, if it is a completely different person travelling, it should be a fresh booking.

FSCs should probably exploit this LCC weakness since LCCs try to keep things as simple as possible to cut costs.

Edited by flee

1 Fraud levels must be quite high - there are actually people who try to make money from AirAsia sales by booking lots of tickets and reselling to others

Why would that be classified as fraud ?

More like hoarding in my opinion :)

TRYING TO MAKE MONEY FROM "HUMAN ERROR"

name change means change of Pax A to Pax B.

Typo error can be corrected for free.

The other side of the story:

1 Fraud levels must be quite high - there are actually people who try to make money from AirAsia sales by booking lots of tickets and reselling to others.

2 If you are familiar with the AirAsia booking system, you can now store the names of your family and friends in your profile. So you do not need to type in their names and other details anymore. Thus human error can be reduced.

3 More often than not, name change requires manual intervention - so it costs more to service this request.

4 Possible future marketing or revenue opportunity. By revoking this facility, it may be reintroduced in future as a "new" perk in some future marketing programme.

Frankly speaking, I am not sure why people can make mistakes with names - it is understandable if it is a typo error. However, if it is a completely different person travelling, it should be a fresh booking.

FSCs should probably exploit this LCC weakness since LCCs try to keep things as simple as possible to cut costs.

point #1 is correct.

Edited by derik

Sign in to follow this