MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Qatar Airways New Destinations

Doesn't look like they are doing the promotion similar to their Oslo launch last year. It's also interesting to see that they are using A320's on quite a number of 'thin' routes in Europe.

QR flies lots of new routes on A320s....while EK uses B777....in terms of capacity it is less than half of EK and with less frequency.

QR flies lots of new routes on A320s....while EK uses B777....in terms of capacity it is less than half of EK and with less frequency.

EK sometimes uses the A332 on new routes too. I've never been on a QR A320, but if I have to choose between EK's A332/B777 and QR's A320, I would go for the latter especially in Y. Those A320's used on the European routes seem to have pretty decent Y products.

EK sometimes uses the A332 on new routes too. I've never been on a QR A320, but if I have to choose between EK's A332/B777 and QR's A320, I would go for the latter especially in Y. Those A320's used on the European routes seem to have pretty decent Y products.

It depends on your luck actually as many of QR's 320 do not have PTV in Y. Only the newer 320 have AVOD throughout :)

Really? I thought they only use those PTV-less A320's on shout hauls.

Apparently 320 without PTV are deployed to Europe too even though it is rare. Seen a few people complaining about this.

Apparently 320 without PTV are deployed to Europe too even though it is rare. Seen a few people complaining about this.

Can't blame them... the airline has been promoting itself as the 'world's five star airline' :p

QR's 14 new destinations in 2016:

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/03/09/qatar-airways-14-new-destinations/

Europe

Pisa, Sarajevo, Helsinki, Nice and Skopje

Africa

Marrakech, Windhoek, Douala, Libreville, Lusaka and Seychelles

Southeast Asia

Krabi and Chiang Mai (Wow wow wow!!!)

Pacific

Auckland

Praying for Penang and Kota Kinabalu.

Sign in to follow this