MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

Singapore Airshow 2012

Singapore Airshow

Asia's biggest for Aviation's Finest

The Singapore Airshow, among the world's Top 3 aviation events, is the largest aerospace and defence event in Asia.

Trade Visitors

14 Feb 2012 (Tues) 12:00pm - 5:00pm

15 Feb 2012 (Wed) 9:30am - 5:00pm

16 Feb 2012 (Thur) 9:30am - 5:00pm

17 Feb 2012 (Fri) 9:30am - 5:00pm

Public Visitors

18 Feb 2012 (Sat) 9:30am - 5:00pm

19 Feb 2012 (Sun) 9:30am - 5:00pm

The following are the list of possible participants for the 2012 Static Aircraft Display.

http://www.singaporeairshow.com/static_display.aspx

Official website.

http://www.singaporeairshow.com/about_the_show.aspx

Stunt Pilot Flying in for Singapore Air Show

Karamjit Kaur - Straits Times | December 21, 2011

Aviation buffs are in for a real treat when the next Singapore Air Show flies into town in February 2012.

For the first time in the show's 30-year history, spectators will be wowed by a solo stunt-flying segment.

In an Asian debut, Australian pilot Tony Blair, 41, will perform daredevil stunts in his single-propeller Rebel 300.

He said: "The Rebel is capable of just about anything. It will hover like a helicopter, fly nice flat spins, do all sorts of gyroscopic tumbles and all the traditional graceful aerobatics too."

The former air force pilot added: "There should be enough smoke, noise and action to entertain anyone." He has carried out close to 40 flying displays, mainly in Australia.

Making a comeback at next year's Singapore Air Show is the Roulettes aerobatic team from the Royal Australian Air Force. The flying display, a much-anticipated highlight of every air show, will also feature the Republic of Singapore Air Force's F-16C and F-15SG fighter jets.

Another favorite is the ground display of stationary aircraft which will feature 60 commercial and military flying machines. Among the stars are the F-22 Raptor fighter jet from the United States Air Force, the Gulfstream G280, the Dornier 228NG and the Hawker 900XP.

The biennial air show will be the 16th held in Singapore and the third organized by Experia Events.

With about two months to go, workers are already at Changi Exhibition Center preparing the site. Pico Art International, the main contractor working on the exhibition hall and hospitality chalets used by exhibitors, now has about 10 staff and 50 to 60 workers on the job.

By the middle of next month, it will have about 400 people in total on the ground, said executive director Ng Meng Chuen.

Despite the uncertain economic climate, the Singapore Air Show has attracted strong interest from industry players, said Experia Events managing director Jimmy Lau. Compared with the previous show, the total exhibition space taken up has increased by 25 percent to 50,000 sq m. About 900 exhibitors have signed up, the same as last year's figure.

The three biggest players are ST Engineering, Boeing and Airbus' parent company Eads.

On whether the show is likely to top the US$10 billion (S$13 billion) of aircraft orders and other deals that were sealed at last year's event, Lau said: "It will be difficult, given the state of the global economy, but I am optimistic."

The air show will take place from Feb. 14 to 19. The first four days are for trade visitors, and the show will be open to the public on the last two days.

The event is touted as one of the top three air shows in the world, after Paris' Le Bourget and Britain's Farnborough.

Tickets on sale:

Tickets for the Singapore Air Show 2012 are on sale at all Sistic outlets for 20 Singapore dollars (US$15.4) per adult and 8 Singapore dollars a child under 12.

The cost includes a shuttle-bus ride to and from the exhibition site and Changi Airport.

There is also a package deal: 120 Singapore dollars for four tickets and a carpark coupon.

Ticket prices have been the same since 2008. Despite rising costs, the organizers of the show decided not to raise ticket prices given the uncertain global economic climate, said Jimmy Lau, managing director of Experia Events.

Edited by xtemujin

Sick and tired of seeing the tired-looking Roulettes at the Singapore Airshow. In this history of this event, this must be (at least) the third time this team has performed. Besides the sedate pace that these little props fly at, their livery is nothing to scream at.

It would have been far more exciting if the organiser could go to Indonesia and persuade some owner of a DC3 to come to the show .... and sit on the static display!

Yawn ... yawn ... yawn.

Very disappointed with this.

KC Sim

Same here, paid USD50 at the last Dubai Airshow ......., however, managed to watch a free show in Paris Airshow and was 'smuggled' into MIEC during last LIMA11 .... :yahoo:

As far as 'air display' is concerned (that is what I am after), my verdict is Dubai Airshow ........ :good:

:hi:

"Among the stars are the F-22 Raptor fighter jet from the United States Air Force..."

Serious?

"Among the stars are the F-22 Raptor fighter jet from the United States Air Force..."

Serious?

Mock up or the real one? I thought they had the mock up for the past 2 installment.

Mock up is the Lockheed Martin F35.

High possibility that the USAF F22 will be the real deal but only on static display and no aerial display.

We'll have to wait and see.

Almost 1 month to go. Anyone confirm going? I'll be in Singapore from 16 onward but with family. Not yet decided when to visit the show.

Yong and I are going on the 17th (Fri) trade day. normal agenda is to reach there 9am sharp, take all the pic for static display before the sun become too hot and before all the crowd comes in. after that back to the halls for aircond.

Not sure will wait for the aerial display or not, we skipped all together last round, too routine.

Will arrive on Friday, go to the Airshow on Saturday and leaving on Sunday.

If any of you wish to meet up for dinner on Friday/Saturday nights, please PM me! :)

Am bound for Montreal in February but trying to push it so that I can attend the air show.

I've trade passes for all days so I haven't decided what are my plans...

Everyone else ?

Hi guys, for those who are going for the airshow either for 3D2N stay or 2D1N, approximate how much you guys are going to convert from MYR to SGD? Any cheapo place to stay? Real cheap, I don't mind geyland

Hi guys, for those who are going for the airshow either for 3D2N stay or 2D1N, approximate how much you guys are going to convert from MYR to SGD? Any cheapo place to stay? Real cheap, I don't mind geyland

If you had clicked on those AsiaTravel banners in this forum - go register and get additional S$20 discount on 2 nites hotel. You can check the various hotels on AsiaTravel and some of them are below S$100 per nite.

Anyway Singapore has always been expensive for stay, more so during airshows like this. Anyway if you are going for day trip by flight staying at Changi airport terminal may not such a bad idea. :D

same old thing as last event - only mock up USAF new planes - believed eventually the Sin airshow will lose out to the asian aerospace in HK.

same old thing as last event - only mock up USAF new planes - believed eventually the Sin airshow will lose out to the asian aerospace in HK.

Have you seen the Asian Aerospace show in HKG? It looks like a biz-jet show foe the most part and US military hardwares are not allowed.

KC Sim

The last time I check there was no aerial or stating display of aircraft during the Asian Aerospace in HKG. Seems more like an business expo than an airshow.

It does not look good, only plus point is the USAF F22 raptors if it makes it way to SA2012.

Sky-high thrills

Get face-to-face with the power and glory of warbirds and graceful commercial aircrafts. Look forward to these exciting aerobatic flying displays at Singapore Airshow 2012.

Participants for Flying Display

RSAF, Singapore, F.16C + F-15G

RAAF, Australia, Roulettes

Blair Aerosports, Australia, Rebel 300

Flying Display Timings*

14 Feb 2012 (Tue)

12:30pm - 1:30pm

15 - 17 Feb 2012 (Wed - Fri)

11:00am - 12:00pm

18 & 19 Feb 2012 (Sat & Sun)

11:00am - 12:00pm

3:00pm - 3:30pm

http://www.singapore...ic_display.aspx

Edited by xtemujin

The "Asian Aerospace" branding was owned by Reeds Exhibition and when the show site in Changi Airport got more constrained when the show grew, the Singaporean authorities wanted Reed to jointly fund the development of a new site that will provide long-term growth for the show (and this eventually led to the current Singapore Airshow site).

Reed - in spite of having earned tonnes over the umpteen years from the show - did not want to do that and threatened to take the show elsewhere, which it did.

And the Singaporean authorities decided to proceed with its own show using the Singapore Airshow branding ... confident that the companies that participated in previous shows signed up for the business opportunities offered by a show in Singapore and not for the "Asian Aerospace" branding. Indeed, the show in Hong Kong now looks more like a business aviation expo with no fly display, no military hardware - especially those from the US due to political reasons.

I am certain that Malaysian visitors will find something familiar at the show ... in spite of my disappointment with the Roulettes' visit, I am still hopeful that the show will still provide us with great spotting moments and tonnes of memories afterwards.

I recall memories of all the photographers sprawled on the taxiway when the A380 first visited in 2008 and crawling all around the planes as the Airbus A330-200F and Garuda's B737-800 visited in 2010. I guess this will happen around the B787 for this show. Expect to see lots more on the static display than the list in the show website - last show's surprises include the Dash 8 of Baltic ... a real beauty especially on the first morning when it arrived in beautiful sunshine and minus ropes and railings.

And to all who are planning to come for the airshow, book your accommodation right away ... yes, even those shady accommodation in Geylang get to enjoy higher room rates (albeit with through-the-wall entertainment).

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim