MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jens Breuer

Trip to Malaysia Jan/Feb 2012

Hi guys,

in a few months I'll visit Singapore and Malaysia with my wife. Although it's our honeymoon I'll be able to spend a few hours at the airports in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Langkawi.

With spotting in Singapore I'm quite familiar, the time in KUL won't allow me to spot outside the terminal buildings :( (maybe I can still change that) but our hotel in Langkawi (where we'll stay about a week) is quite next to the airport :good: . I don't expect much traffic in LGK, but I'm sure there are some interesting movements for a German guy. Can somebody provide some information about spotting in LGK (locations, problems ...)? That would be quite nice ... Information about good restaurants in SIN, KUL and LGK are also welcome! :drinks:

Cheers,

Jens

Hi Jens, firstly congrats. Can't help much on those sectors however if you do visit Sydney, Australia... I am more than happy to show you around.

Enjoy the honeymoon.

Hi Jens, if you move forward early your trip to LGK in December, we will have an aerospace exhibition/airshow held for about a week...

You can google Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace (LIMA 2011).

Airshow sounds quite interesting :rolleyes:

... but I think that wouldn't be good for honeymoon :finger: that would result in too much time at the airport.

Beside this fact, everything has already been booked ...

Airshow sounds quite interesting :rolleyes:

... but I think that wouldn't be good for honeymoon :finger: that would result in too much time at the airport.

Beside this fact, everything has already been booked ...

Hey Jens,

I got few ideas for your perfect honeymoon trip in Langkawi

i)Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls aka Seven Wells: They were named after the seven natural pools along its path. In the myth, local said that fairies used to come down to the pools to bathe and frolic, well it just fairy tale after all.There are 2 viewing areas at the waterfall. The lower area is at the base of the waterfall and the higher area is where the 7 pools are. You can bathe in the pools and even slide down the slick rock between them. Be careful when you would like to get to the 7 pools because it will be quite slippery when wet along your way.

ii)Laman Padi Rice Garden: Curious about what Malaysian Everyday Favorited food;Rice come from? Then a trip to rice fields would be great for you along with its nice landscaping. information and Exhibition in the Museum there available in English with details of cultivating rice process. Admission is Free.

iii)Eagle Square: Among one of the main attraction in Langkawi. The square, featuring a giant eagle statue; which where Langkawi got her name from, and also beautifully landscaped scenic ponds, bridges and coverd terraces. Scenery is even more beautiful especially when illuminated at night.

iv)The beaches: Pantai Cenang, Pantai Kok, Tanjung Rhu etc are some of the beautiful, white sandy beaches that located in Langkawi. Perfect for you and your love one to sit back, relax and enjoy the breezy air at the tropical seaside.

v)Scuba Diving & Snorkeling: The Best spot for this would be Pulau Payar Marine Park located 20km south of Langkawi. There is a viewing platform for relaxation after your fascinating underwater adventures.Price around MYR 120-200.

vi)Island Hopping Tours: Enjoy a trip to several islands around Langkawi, among others are Pregnant Maiden Island and Pulau Beras Basah. Don't forget to dive into the cool deep of the legendary Pregnant Maiden Lake. The tours usually take 4 hours and leave at 9.30AM and 2.30PM. They have pick-up service and can be booked from any hostel/motel at lower rates mostly around MYR 25-40.

vii)Cable Car Ride & Hanging Bridge: Located in Oriental village just next to Pantai Kok, a ride in the cable car to the top of Mount Mat chinchang and walk across the 700m high Sky Bridge with view of the islands and Thailand would be spectacular. Alert with the weather because usually they are not operating during bad weather. Price for the trip will be around MYR 30 per pax.

Of course there are a lot more attraction other than these for your enjoyment stay in Langkawi. Don't hesitate to chat with the friendly locals as they might also could inform you what other interesting places that usually most of the tourists miss to look on...

Enjoy your vacation! :clapping: :good:

Sign in to follow this