MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kee Hooi Yen

MAS Restructuring Plan

Big and colourful doesn't mean we really mean business...

The small AirAsia...is just smiling away!!

IPB Image

NST 6th Mar06 has a good article about MAS.

MH staff will get MYR21M boost payment in total as part of a morale boost package.........

Wah...................so kind evethough losing money :D

Mh sell the cheap ticket offer in FEB....if im not mistaken, we'll get MYR$1000.

I can accept it....but sometimes, i think they are others who need that more than i do.

Mh sell the cheap ticket offer in FEB....if im not mistaken, we'll get MYR$1000.

I can accept it....but sometimes, i think they are others who need that more than i do.

There's always my letter box for you to throw that in, TK... ;) :lol: :lol:

MH staff will get MYR21M boost payment in total as part of a morale boost package.........

Wah...................so kind evethough losing money :D

Yeah, unlike airlines like QF which, despite being exceedingly profitable, have decided to sell out thousands of Australian jobs by sending maintenance overseas. :( They can say goodbye to their 'safest airline in the world' title now.

Edited by Keith T

Has anyone THINK of seat per mile costs...??

How much is a trip for a 777 from KUL-LHR...total costs... aircraft leased or owned.

regardless of full flight or many flights per day....

try think about it before sale there and sale here....

Just wandering, can MH and AK codeshare the rest of 114 domestic flights for both airlines benefits after the gave up sacrifice made by MH?

PMB suggested that MH should make own LCC to compete with AK.

Very great idea, MH can follow Southwest step.a LCC yet still use regular terminal, Aerobridge and light drink onboard. Could work!

Every route MAS flies to seem not profitable based on the thread, might as well stop flying. Don't get me wrong, I am a MAS patriot but MAS just keep dissapointing.

Slight out of topic but on Feb 19-24, I flew MAS Business Class to Penang for a week long business trip.

During the flight, I asked the lead stewardess that I wanted to buy the Hisbiscus B747 which is advertised in the catalogue. She came back minutes later and said this can only be puchased by 'mail order'. Then when arrived in KL transitting to Penang, when to MGB, same s#1t was told. So, I thought well that's fine. Will try my luck on return trip. Probably all of you guess it, can only be ordered via 'mail order'.

I asked why do I have to fork out extra expense on postage when I am now here to buy it personally? The lead stewardess kept apologising!!!

In brief, I bought one some months back and received broken and this is under another thread. So, although I must admit MAS Business Class is fantastic and good looking chics but not impressed with inflight sales.

In June 2004 I flew Business Class to KIX, Japan. At the Satelite Building met a MH stewardess and asked directions to the MAS Executive Lounge? She shrugged and replied "Don't know". I think this reflects the mentality, knowledge and attitude of MH staff. They just stick to their work and do not bother to expand their knowledge. After all the Executive Lounge belongs to MAS, not MAB.

I note that they want to emphasise online bookings. Does anyone else here have problems with booking on the MH website or is it just me?

Everytime I try to book a domestic MH flight on their website it results in a session time out.

When MAS first introduced online bookings not too long ago (and Air Asia's online booking system was already running smoothly from the start), I had the same hangup the first time I tried. As I already submitted my credit card details I did not want to try again in case I get charged twice. I emailed the service centre my problem and after two days an answer came that I had to visit their booking office at Sentral to sort out the problem.

At Sentral I was told that they had no record of my booking. I called the credit card company and was told that my card had been charged for the booking. I conveyed this info to the MAS staff and they then checked with their accounts dept which confirmed that there was such a payment received. After waiting for more than an hour I finally received my manual ticket (they couldn't issue an e-ticket for some reason).

That was my first encounter with MAS's online booking system and I hadn't tried again since then. Only apologies were offered by MAS.

MALAYSIA SURE BOLEH ONE..........

everybody in putrajaya knows, there is no excuse to shut down mas. they can increase the fuel by 30sen and the public and economy will swallow the increase in a matter of time.

u shut down mas, mati oooohhh economy. total business shutdown. cannot cannot! always look at the macro level. u may save 2-3 billion shutting down mas but economy will suffer hundreds of billions!!!!

Has anyone THINK of seat per mile costs...??

You cannot deny that overhead costs on MH are much higher than on AK; this will reflect in the cost-per-seat-mile also.... :blink: :o

Malaysia memang boleh.. actually APA APA BOLEH

What do you mean.............I don't think MAS going to reconfigure their economy seats with less than 34" seat....That's a waste :)

Who knows. They said they are going too add more EY seats and reduce the number of GCC seats on their 772. MAS is very desperate now, so anything can happen ......

SQ will be offering 34" of pitch in EY on all of their new planes (388 & 77W). SQ772ER (J30 Y255) is their only type of plane with 34" of pitch in EY (on par with MH), if, i mean if MAS really decrease the pitch in EY, it will be like giving away all MAS loyal customers to their biggest rival !

Edited by Isaac

How can I put file in this thread. Someone send me a really good PowerPoint presentation to my me about malaysia boleh :)

Z

I second that.

MH can follow Southwest step.a LCC yet still use regular terminal, Aerobridge and light drink onboard. Could work!

But there is no way that MH can match the operating cost of AK and they might end up with even more debts. But if MH really are going to set up their own LCC, they can adopt the JB-style (B6) of LCC. At least with the JB-style they can offer more (DirectTV, Astro or MiTV in M'sia) instead of just some drink services yet with low fares.

:lol: Very good question indeed!!!! No point in saying boleh, rather we should prove that we are boleh.

Agree with Isaac, wouldn't that create another competition? It will be 3 airlines competing together and MAS' LCC will be competing against MAS as well! It is probably better for MAS to become a semi-LCC. May be just reserve a limited number of seats for those who are willing to pay the extra bit of full service like Isaac? :)

Edited by S V Choong

Since this slogan was first shouted, what has Malaysia achieve? May be more corruption, more wastage of Rakyat money, more GLC losses, more complacency and falling behind our neighbours economically.

:lol: Very good question indeed!!!! No point in saying boleh, rather we should prove that we are boleh.

Agree with Isaac, wouldn't that create another competition? It will be 3 airlines competing together and MAS' LCC will be competing against MAS as well! It is probably better for MAS to become a semi-LCC. May be just reserve a limited number of seats for those who are willing to pay the extra bit of full service like Isaac? :)

Believe LSG is charging Mas between RM15 to RM40 for a EY meal.

Mas overhead is sky high, can’t even make money as a ‘full service’ airline, how can they be breakeven as a LCC.

Mas overhead is sky high, can’t even make money as a ‘full service’ airline, how can they be breakeven as a LCC.

I second this. Look at Air NZ as an example. Air NZ used to be a full service airline, but after their financial crisis, they restructure themselves as an LCC airline. No meals provided only Coffee/Tea and biscuit on all domestic flights. But they have been successful and keep ordering new a/c, the A320s, 777s and 787s. For MAS to become LCC, it needs to rid off those corruption and political ties, LSG Skychef is one of them. Give it to people like Tony Fernandes, they will make it happen.

Edited by S V Choong

May be it's too early to suggest LCC to MAS. But we can't say it won't work. Look at Song-Delta and United-Ted

i see that Malaysia Boleh is just a word. when i was young, i use to say it but i got nothing. right now i just stick to "I can" or "saya boleh".

Azuddin

IPB Image

Jangan marah...gurau saja! :p

Edited by H Azmal

Sign in to follow this