MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Chong WT

Jetstar Asia Master Thread

Jetstar never promoted its 1 stop service from Singapore to Japan, simply because it was never intended as a SIN-KIX service via TPE. Its clearly 2 separate services serving 2 separate markets (SIN-TPE and TPE-KIX) and priced accordingly to those markets. And its no surprise that Jetstar is adding more flights out of Japan... its yields and inflight sales are extremely good for an LCC! I flew KIX-TPE on 3K last year and the flight was almost 100% full, but it was filled with Japanese and Taiwanese travellers and almost all alighted at TPE. In fact only 5 or 6 out of the nearly 180 pax continued on the flight to Singapore. Similarly, TPE-SIN is also doing very well despite it being flown by 6 carriers, each with multiple daily frequencies.

Anyway, theres a good reason why Jetstar's prices on SIN-XXX-KIX cost so much... because its charged as 2 separate sectors and the KIX-TPE sector costs ALOT more than the SIN-TPE one, even though its only half the distance. Theres simply no LCC competition on Japan-Taiwan flights and even though Jetstar charges what I consider to be high fares for those sectors, its still almost half of what JAL or EVA/ANA are charging, and deemed to be very cheap to the Japanese.

Fares on 3K for (Regular/ Special sales):

SIN-TPE (~1900miles) SGD190 / SGD120

TPE-KIX (~1000miles) SGD250/ SGD170

The Jetstar brand is already relatively well known in Japan and Jetstar Intl and Asia is simply building up International services out of Japan before the launch of Jetstar Japan, giving a strong domestic and international network immediately when it launches. It already flies from KIX to SYD, CNS, MEL, TPE, MNL (+ 1stops to SIN/DRW/AKL/CHC) and from NRT to SYD, CNS, MEL, MNL (+ 1stops to SIN/DRW/AKL/CHC), this compared to Peach or Skymark that only flies domestically or Air Asia Japan that will start with only domestic flights + 1 Intl HND-KUL flight by D7.

Hi! I'm thinking of using neighbor's service to down under. As most LCC users are concerned, cancellations & reschedule is a bane to a plan even with more than ample allowable transit time.

If anyone has experience in using Jetstar's 332 service between SIN-MEL/AKL, how about their punctuality for the sector?

Hi! I'm thinking of using neighbor's service to down under. As most LCC users are concerned, cancellations & reschedule is a bane to a plan even with more than ample allowable transit time.

If anyone has experience in using Jetstar's 332 service between SIN-MEL/AKL, how about their punctuality for the sector?

My last experience to AKL on Jetstar was good. You can even start your journey to SIN from KL by Jetstar by booking KL - AKL. Only setback is you need to clear your baggages in SIN and recheck in for AKL. No one through check in. If you are coming back from AKL to SIN by Jetstar you will need to spent a night in SIN as the last SIN - KL flight for the day on all carriers would have left when you arrive in SIN.

chookyan, headed for Fiji or the pacific islands again!?

SV Choong - good one there! Nope this time was on holiday. Given a choice you should try JetStar Business Class which just a bit more than MAS for the same route to AKL. JetStar business is way ahead of the so called Premium Class. You get meals that comes with fruits and desserts, unlimited beverages and in flight entertainment all part of the package. Only set back is no flat bed but the seats are wide enough. If I remembered correct there is also a water fountain in economy.

I don't work for JetStar but just sharing experiences :rolleyes:

I don't know but long haul on LCC is not really my cup of tea. Plus I will no longer be based down under very soon.

MAS, I have abandoned them on long haul since ages ago. Willing to try out other different airlines than sticking to one all the time. :)

SINGAPORE, July 17 (Bernama) -- Jetstar has announced a new international link to its domestic network in Japan, with a Darwin-Singapore-Osaka service on sale from Tuesday.

Operated by Jetstar Airways, the existing Darwin-Singapore service will now continue on from Singapore to Osaka three times a week from Nov 1, 2012.

In a statement, the airline said the everyday lead-in fare for the new route is AUD$359.

A sale fare of AUD$259 is on offer for a limited time.

The Darwin-Singapore leg will be operated by an A321 while the long haul Singapore-Osaka sector will be operated by an A330 with both economy and business class.

Jetstar Group chief executive officer, Jayne Hrdlicka, said the new service would capitalise on the Jetstar Group's growing presence in the Japanese market following the start of domestic services earlier this month.

"We always look for opportunities across the Jetstar Group to join the dots in our existing network to improve what we can offer travellers.

"This new service means Darwin will be connected to Osaka as well as Tokyo, and by extension, to three other major Japanese cities via Jetstar Japan's domestic network," she added.

Jetstar Japan's domestic fares are an average of up to 50 per cent cheaper than full service alternatives as part of what is regarded as a new era of air travel in the world's third largest economy.

Jetstar Airways, the low-cost subsidiary of Qantas, is increasing its capacity to Malaysia, Myanmar and Thailand, creating an extra 70,000 seats on these flights each month due to high demand.

“Our affordable low fares and improved schedule are very attractive to both business and leisure travellers,” said Jetstar Asia CEO Bara Pasupathi. “More companies have also switched to Jetstar for their corporate travelling needs to save on travelling costs.”

From October 28, the airline will add 36 weekly services between Kuala Lumpur and its hub in Singapore, meaning it will now operate up to 61 weekly return services between the two destinations.

“With the increased in frequencies, Jetstar offers business travellers more flexibility in their schedules to have meetings in the cities or plan for connecting flights,” Pasupathi explained.

He said that the increased service would also make it easier for passengers to use Singapore as hub to connect to other Asian destinations, something that the airline is seeing more demand for.

“We are seeing an increasing number of our Malaysian customers connecting on to low-fare Jetstar Group services to destinations like Melbourne and Auckland,” he said. “Adding an extra 36 weekly services from Kuala Lumpur into our hub in Singapore allows us to offer travellers more options for hassle-free connections.”

Jetstar will also gradually increase its four-times weekly service between Singapore and Yangon to daily by December 25.

“As the only low-fare airline operating to Myanmar from Singapore, it is exciting to be able to provide more access to a destination emerging as one of most intriguing in the region,” Pasupathi said.

The airline follows a range of other carriers who have also boosted their services into Myanmar, including Malaysian Airlines, Thai AirAsia, and Singapore Airlines.

Alongside this, the airline will add three more services a week to Bangkok, increasing its flights to 24 each week.

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/asia-pacific/news/jetstar-increasing-capacity-to-myanmar,-malaysi

wow, 61 returns a week is about 9 a day between SIN and KUL...

wonder how many TR and AK do a day ?

wow, 61 returns a week is about 9 a day between SIN and KUL...

wonder how many TR and AK do a day ?

just checked in their booking system.

AK has 13 exKUL and 12 exSIN.

TR depends on days weirdly - its 2-3 exKUL and 3-4 exSIN.

so AK has 91 flights per leg, 182 per day about.

• Jetstar Asia to receive six new A320s
  • Fleet rejuvenation expected to bring fuel and cost savings
  • First Singapore carrier to introduce A320s with state-of-the-art “Sharklets”

Jetstar Asia has received the first of six new A320s as part of a fleet rejuvenation program, giving it one of the youngest fleets of any Singapore-based airline.

Five of the brand new aircraft will replace older A320s in the Jetstar Asia fleet. An additional aircraft will see the overall fleet grow to 17 A320s, representing a net increase of one.

Combined, the six new aircraft have an approximate value of US$530 million at list prices (June 2012).

Upon full delivery of all six aircraft by February 2013, Jetstar Asia’s fleet of A320s will have an average age of just three years.

Jetstar Asia CEO Barathan Pasupathi said operating a modern fleet was essential for the airline to continue into its next phase of growth.

“Maintaining a young fleet of A320s translates to significant cost savings, and operational improvements, thereby allowing us to offer a superior travel experience at consistently low fares,” he said.

“This investment reflects Jetstar’s commitment to its Singapore hub, where we continue to grow routes and improve connections for our customers travelling within Asia Pacific.”

One of the new A320 aircraft will be fitted with Airbus ‘Sharklets’, state-of-the-art fuel-saving wingtip devices which can reduce the amount of fuel burn by up to four per cent.

Jetstar Asia expects to be the first Singapore-based airline, and also the first in the Jetstar Group, to operate A320s with the Sharklet wingtips.

The saving in fuel burn translates to a reduction of C02 emissions of an estimated 1,000 tonnes per year for each aircraft. Sharklets can also improve take-off performance and provide superior payload range compared to non-Sharklet A320s*.

“Investing in aircraft innovation is core to the Jetstar model and our ability to continually improve operational performance and our cost base,” Mr Pasupathi said.

The six leased aircraft are taken from the existing Qantas Group fleet procurement arrangements for A320s, announced in August 2011.

Other Jetstar airlines are also on track to receive new A320s fitted with Sharklets in 2013.

http://www.jetstar.com/mediacentre/latest-announcements/detail?Id=8e34049e-e310-444e-a193-a3933a8b573c&language=en

JETSTAR Asia, an affiliate of Australia's low-cost carrier the Jetstar group, is looking at stronger footprint in Malaysia by providing more frequencies from its hub in Singapore to Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

Chief executive officer Barathan Pasupathi said the airline has the opportunity to increase flight frequencies into those markets that it currently operate in, as well as looking at select new markets.

For its Malaysia market, Jetstar Asia flies from Changi International Airport (Singapore) to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Penang International Airport, and vice versa. It first started flying to Malaysia in 2008.

Although being a low-cost carrier, the airline does not fly to the low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) as it wants to provide convenience to its passengers, especially via the express rail link (ERL) train to connect from the airport to the city.

However, Pasupathi said Jetstar Asia will move to the new LCCT, klia2, once it begins operating in June,

More: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/JETSTAR/Article/

JETSTAR Asia, an affiliate of Australia's low-cost carrier the Jetstar group, is looking at stronger footprint in Malaysia by providing more frequencies from its hub in Singapore to Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

Chief executive officer Barathan Pasupathi said the airline has the opportunity to increase flight frequencies into those markets that it currently operate in, as well as looking at select new markets.

For its Malaysia market, Jetstar Asia flies from Changi International Airport (Singapore) to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Penang International Airport, and vice versa. It first started flying to Malaysia in 2008.

Although being a low-cost carrier, the airline does not fly to the low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) as it wants to provide convenience to its passengers, especially via the express rail link (ERL) train to connect from the airport to the city.

However, Pasupathi said Jetstar Asia will move to the new LCCT, klia2, once it begins operating in June,

More: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/JETSTAR/Article/

Come to East Malaysia? I remembered they were here sometimes back for a short while to both state capital from SIN...

Come to East Malaysia? I remembered they were here sometimes back for a short while to both state capital from SIN...

Not enough traffic.

Not enough traffic.

KCH I believe, many players; BKI only two if I am right...surely they can make a return...but I think their peers like KCH more, looks like sustainable...hehe...

Sign in to follow this