MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

MAS Commence 38 Flights For Haj Season

Yet another delay. :cray:

Kesian... which one? Pity those who were stranded last week at Jeddah for the Penang flight. Our flight (MH8237-) was on schedule and I saw tears from some of the Pilgrims when they saw us boarding the bus at Madinatul Hujjaj for our departure to the airport. They were on standby with bags on their side for more than 24hrs. By the way i think we are the only KT (46C) that has to do a transit stopover at KCH.

Kesian... which one? Pity those who were stranded last week at Jeddah for the Penang flight. Our flight (MH8237-) was on schedule and I saw tears from some of the Pilgrims when they saw us boarding the bus at Madinatul Hujjaj for our departure to the airport. They were on standby with bags on their side for more than 24hrs. By the way i think we are the only KT (46C) that has to do a transit stopover at KCH.

May those who played a role in all this rot in hell. This years' delay is more than all the delays put together in the past 7 years when it was under my watch. The Haj can never be run efficiently when it depends on a process-driven operation. There must always be someone who is Responsible to do it, Authorised to run it, and Accountable for it. There will always be delays that are unavoidable, but its the corrective actions that follows that makes a difference between a slipshod and a well run operation.

By the way i think we are the only KT (46C) that has to do a transit stopover at KCH.

You mean you did JED-KCH-TGG ?! :blink:

You mean you did JED-KCH-TGG ?! :blink:

nope... I did JED-KCH-KUL... nothing compared during my arrival because after KUL-KCH-JED, we have to endured Jeddah to Madinah using an old style bus (baggage on the roof) with non adjustable seats. An additional 8 hours on the road after the 10 hours flight.

..... after KUL-KCH-JED, we have to endured Jeddah to Madinah using an old style bus (baggage on the roof) with non adjustable seats. An additional 8 hours on the road after the 10 hours flight.

Salute to you Tuan Haji :blink:

You going to follow up with a trip report ? :D

There was another long delay in when MPD (yes MPD again, 3rd time) had a flap damage.Your replacement VP and appointed SM are at lost when dealing with the delays. When suggested for a rescue aircraft,both Charter and Tabung Haji rejected.Total delay for 2nd incident was more than 60 hrs. Anyway, Your lady Controller had left and joined another dept in KLIA.

Firstly I admit ignorance on my part and offer my apologies if this question is crude/ill mannered.

However I've been curious about :

1) How much these Haj flights cost to the passenger

2) Are the planes reconfigured to an all economy seating ? If not how will Tabung Haji or MH decide who gets the premium seats ?

3) What are the meals served onboard ?

4) Is there different attire for the cabin crew?

5) Are the cockpit crew restricted to a certain religion?

6) Is it "halal" to make a profit on these flights? or is MH doing this as a "duty"

I'm sure part of this info is listed somewhere in MAS's annual share report but I'd much prefer to hear what the insiders have to say instead of just raw numbers :)

Some ans:

(4) The female crew cover up. Different uniform. I somewhat recall that some of the femaile crew are non-muslims but not an issue.

(5) Not sure if MH consciously chooses the tech crew by their professed faith, but no religious requirement as such.

(6) Perfectly fine to make a profit.

Actually in Islam it's not wrong to make a profit - what's wrong is to make excessive profits.

Defining excessive profits may be a very subjective issue. But then again, it's not something MAS needs to worry about :p

Firstly I admit ignorance on my part and offer my apologies if this question is crude/ill mannered.

However I've been curious about :

1) How much these Haj flights cost to the passenger

2) Are the planes reconfigured to an all economy seating ? If not how will Tabung Haji or MH decide who gets the premium seats ?

3) What are the meals served onboard ?

4) Is there different attire for the cabin crew?

5) Are the cockpit crew restricted to a certain religion?

6) Is it "halal" to make a profit on these flights? or is MH doing this as a "duty"

I'm sure part of this info is listed somewhere in MAS's annual share report but I'd much prefer to hear what the insiders have to say instead of just raw numbers :)

Q 1) Non Disclosure Agreement

Q 2) 12F 442Y. TH decides. Based generally on price of Haj package taken

Q 3) Agreed Menu as approved by Tabung Haji. Includes Menu Appraisal & Food Tasting

Q 4) Yes.

Q 5) Only for Madinah flights due to Hotel Availibility. Jedda is OK for all religion.

Q 6) Yes its Halal. Of course there are elements inside Mh who are extremely shortsighted ( who lose money doing their own thing ) and want to make a killing but on my watch this never happened.

Sorry, Raw Numbers are not the business of bystanders, but trust me, we have not lost money since the first day I got the contract back from AK in 2003, and the MH Haj product is definitely the BEST IN THE WORLD.

Sorry, Raw Numbers are not the business of bystanders, but trust me, we have not lost money since the first day I got the contract back from AK in 2003, and the MH Haj product is definitely the BEST IN THE WORLD.

Why only the Haj product? Why cant it be all their products?

Definitely tough luck for the delayed Pilgrims.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby