MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

MAS Commence 38 Flights For Haj Season

MAS Commence 38 Flights For Haj Season

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 9 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will provide 38 Haj Charter Flights for Lembaga Tabung Haji during the first phase of the Haj season from Sept 29 until Oct 30 this year.

The first flight, MH 8000 is scheduled to depart from KL International Airport (KLIA) to Medina on Sept 29 this year.

"For this haj season, Malaysia Airlines will transport about 14,000 pilgrims in each phase of the outbound and inbound flights," Mas said in a statement today.

The second phase of the flights is scheduled from Nov 12 to Dec 10. The statement said that out of the 38 flights, 11 flights will be from KLIA, eight from Penang, seven from Kuala Terengganu, six from Johor Baharu and three each from Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.

The statement also said that this year MAS had dedicated two Boeing 747-400 aircraft from its own fleet to be used for this Haj season.

To ensure customers enjoy premium travel hospitality, Mas has made elaborate plans to provide them with superior ground and in-flight service whereby all seats in the aircraft will be fitted with a TV screen thus providing passengers the choice to view video specially selected for this service.

Likewise passengers can enjoy a lot of dedicated audio programmes like classical instrumentals, Nasyid selections to Quranic verses, while a 'Doa Musafir' will also precede each flight departure.

Currently, Mas has mobilised its experienced staff for ground handling of the Haj operations at the Tabung Haji Complex in Kelana Jaya, KLIA, and in Jeddah and Medina Airport, the statement said.

-- BERNAMA

Source : http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=612511

I hope they get through this ok sans stewardship and guile of Captain Nik for the first time this year :D

It is after all the journey of a lifetime for many

Edited by BC Tam

Latest leakage from the MH Rumour Department:

Ada 747 livery baru for hajj. Ekor logo TH (Tabung Haji) and body dah takda cheatline, so putih hanya ada typeface 'malaysiaairlines' baru tu between upper and lower decks. Kapal tu parking di remote stand depan A2 sekarang. So buruk livery tu. Maybe MPQ.

IMG00615-20111001-1558.jpg

Latest leakage from the MH Rumour Department:

I witnessed the plane before my eyes earlier today upon arriving from BKI. Yeah, the plane tail is painted with black green tabung haji logo, with an arabic font on the port-side, something like MUASSASAH HAJI MALAYSIA.

If I am not mistaken, the plane rego is MPD, or MPO. Susah bila rabun jauh ni!

I witnessed the plane before my eyes earlier today upon arriving from BKI. Yeah, the plane tail is painted with black green tabung haji logo, with an arabic font on the port-side, something like MUASSASAH HAJI MALAYSIA.

If I am not mistaken, the plane rego is MPD, or MPO. Susah bila rabun jauh ni!

My friend said its Yayasan Haji Malaysia and one of the plane painted in the Haji livery is 9M-MPD

Is that a 1TabungHaji or 1Malaysia sticker on the fuselage? The colour (of the sticker) quite different from the one we normally see. :rolleyes:

Ok so now we all knew that the whole Al Wafeer project lost millions of RM for MH with (allegedly) no check and balance and the GM/SVP who caused the loss is indispensable, seeing 1 of the 3 B744s destined for Al Wafeer being taken back from the company presumably earlier than the supposed lease period proudly wearing Tabung Haji's logo and such as if they own the aircraft, is anything hanky panky going on here? I mean Tabung Haji is an extremely cash rich government agency and that we all knew that the whole Al Wafeer project is corrupt and MH is in its own deep s#1t, is there an element of bailing out MH by Tabung Haji going on (again) as we speak?

Hello,i finding flight info for the Haji Flights.I would like to put the flights into MVA.Anybody got some infos for the flights?

Flight Number:

Departure Airport:

Arrival Airport:

Departure Time:

Arrival Time:

Airplane Frequency:

Aircraft Reg:

Airplane Frequency example like MH231 fly to Penang only on Monday,Tuesday and Sunday.The aircraft reg its optional

Ok so now we all knew that the whole Al Wafeer project lost millions of RM for MH with (allegedly) no check and balance and the GM/SVP who caused the loss is indispensable, seeing 1 of the 3 B744s destined for Al Wafeer being taken back from the company presumably earlier than the supposed lease period proudly wearing Tabung Haji's logo and such as if they own the aircraft, is anything hanky panky going on here? I mean Tabung Haji is an extremely cash rich government agency and that we all knew that the whole Al Wafeer project is corrupt and MH is in its own deep s#1t, is there an element of bailing out MH by Tabung Haji going on (again) as we speak?

Just a 'spin theory' right?....

We also knew that MAS acquired the contract from TH to fly Malaysian pilgrims for this year...

so they provided 2 aircraft... one with the normal livery (MPK), another with 'almost' new livery , and with leasor's logo on tail...

Last year I flew on SV, using leased 8Q... and the aircraft painted in total SV's color... doesn't mean SV bailing out 8Q... :nea:

If they can... we also can... :lol:

GA on ZB

How about AirAsia? Is that any charter flight from AirAsia this season? Last time, their come with AirAsia speacial livery charter flight with Tabung Haji logo on tail as well.

AirAsia (Tower Air) Boeing 747-212B

AirAsia leased a 747 from Tower Air? How ironic that a plane from a company founded by an Israeli Jew is used for Muslims to go on Haj.

I guess business knows no religions.

AirAsia was one one the bidders to fly Malaysian pilgrims. Tabung Haji calls bidding

for their flight ops every two years.... MasCharters won last year, and the previous

bids as well.... There'll be another bidding for 2012 & 2013 hajj seasons next year.

.... MasCharters won last year, and the previous

bids as well.... There'll be another bidding for 2012 & 2013 hajj seasons next year.

Anyone get the feeling the bidding result is already a foregone conclusion ? :pardon:

Haj Operations operational processes was something the Team I led put in place so anyone can run it like clockwork. I am not selfish enough to leave behind something the Team has worked for so hard so I seem indispensible. This contract is the last one for MH after the Team won it in the last tender exercise. Next year will be another story altogether.

9M-MPD was one of three aircraft leased to Al Wafeer in a poorly planned venture that I was dead against, as I saw many major defects in the contract negotiations process. I have vehemently advised the Management not to go ahead. I have also outlined my prediction as to how the venture will fail, but was thoroughly ignored. All were done in writing, and addressed directly to Tg Azmil, the CEO of MH then. I did not even get an acknowedgement.

I watched in morbid horror how MH cluelessly went ahead delivering the three aircraft to the newly formed Al Wafeer that at the time of negotiations has a business plan that is not workable, does not own any operating rights, and a financial plan that is not sustainable. MH not only gave the aircraft away, but also assisted in the procurement and training of Al Wafeer cockpit crew. MH operational experience were also given to Al Wafeer on a platter to assist in putting in place an operational and engineering plan.

When it became apparent that the lease program was not going as planned, MH sat idly by watching our good money go down the drain. No one seem to be brave enough to pull the plug on that venture.

9M-MPD was 'repossesed' easily as it was in Malaysia for maintenance. The other two, which were reregistered as Saudi aircraft is still stuck on the ground in Jeddah, and attempts to bring the aircraft home has failed misrably.

It was one of my saddest moment in MH watching this take place as those who pushed for the lease program moved on to other things, and walked around as if they have done a good job.

9M-MPQ was reconfigured following my efforts to make the Haj and Umrah more economically feasible. 9M-MPD was also reconfigured into similar seating arrangement so it was a happy accident for MH to use the aircraft for the Haj.

The three b747s belongs to PMB, which is a Khazanah concern, which means theMalaysian taxpayer takes a direct hit in the nose for someone else's folly.

I hope this will not be swept under the carpet. Those in charge must be made to pay heavily for their utter negligence.

I'd lke to say more but I worry as we have a tendency to shoot the messenger.

Cheers guys.

Like Nero, I will play the violin while Rome burns. Except the violin are my superbikes, and Rome is MH.

Like Nero, I will play the violin while Rome burns. Except the violin are my superbikes, and Rome is MH.

But nice fiddles, you have!

But nice fiddles, you have!

Yes Naim, makes good music too.

And there's more to life than barking at the moon.

Yes Naim, makes good music too.

And there's more to life than barking at the moon.

Naim, roti canai breakfast at Raju's tomorrow starts at 0900. Uncensored Al Wafeer ver 1.1 dvd available.......hehehe.....can also see my latest violin.....

Naim, roti canai breakfast at Raju's tomorrow starts at 0900. Uncensored Al Wafeer ver 1.1 dvd available.......hehehe.....can also see my latest violin.....

There should be a M'mings gathering to hear out the 'complete uncensored' Al Wefeer story!