MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

Rant: Why people keep confusing Malaysia Airlines as "Malaysian Airlines"?

It disturbs me every time I read news about MH and they render the full name as Malaysian Airlines. One example would be this article on KBR airport upgrade from The Star:

Malaysian Airlines, AirAsia and FireFly make an average of five to 10 flights each from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Baru daily.

Anyone think perhaps MH should advertise themselves as MAS similar to the way KLM, SAS, ANA, or even rebrand and drop the meanings from the abbreviation like LAN and TAP to avoid such confusion?

Same goes for word "s" on airline.. Malaysia Airline and Malaysia Airlines. Based on record previously was Malaysian Airline System (MAS)dan now Malaysia Airlines.

It disturbs me every time I read news about MH and they render the full name as Malaysian Airlines. One example would be this article on KBR airport upgrade from The Star:

Anyone think perhaps MH should advertise themselves as MAS similar to the way KLM, SAS, ANA, or even rebrand and drop the meanings from the abbreviation like LAN and TAP to avoid such confusion?

Simply because it is run by "MALAYSIAN TAX PAYERS" money for the well being of the policy makers ........... comprende? ..... :yahoo:

:hi:

Same goes for word "s" on airline.. Malaysia Airline and Malaysia Airlines. Based on record previously was Malaysian Airline System (MAS)dan now Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia airline was adopted by the grand oldman to promote the country to ‘naïve foreigners’ :pardon:

Previously it was known as Malaysian Airline System. Probably that's how the Malaysian was inherited.

No matter what you call it, it is still in deep s#1t! :(

"LIKE"

Edited by Waiping

Simply because it is run by "MALAYSIAN TAX PAYERS" money for the well being of the policy makers ........... comprende? ..... :yahoo:

:hi:

Je ne comprends pas! :blink:

can't blame them since almost all corporate material now has the slogan , "MH is for Malaysian Hospitality" followed by "MH more than just an airline code"

Sign in to follow this