MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Optiontown

Has anybody on here tried to get upgrades on MH and D7 using Option town: https://www.optiontown.com

It seems a fairly good idea and is much cheaper than a business class fare with low risk.

A friend just visited London on D7 and didn’t get the upgrade but I’ve read many reports which say it’s possible and that the site isn’t a scam.

Has anybody on here tried to get upgrades on MH and D7 using Option town: https://www.optiontown.com

It seems a fairly good idea and is much cheaper than a business class fare with low risk.

A friend just visited London on D7 and didn’t get the upgrade but I’ve read many reports which say it’s possible and that the site isn’t a scam.

Reliable site and well worth it. The cost of the upgrade is more epensive on MH than on D7 but still a considerable saving. There's more chance of success when you're flying in low season. I've tried it twice already and both times were successful. You just have to pay the upgrade cost upfront. If your upgrade doesn't come through, you get your money back minus a small admin fee after the departure date. You also don't earn points on the upgraded ticket but you should still earn the miles for the original fare. Business class upgrade books into I class and First class upgrade books into R class.

I don't think its a scam, my parents used it and they both got upgraded and everything went fine.

I think the website earns through the adjusted currency rates.

Selling the seats at lower prices.

Not a desperate move at all. I think it's a great way of earning extra money from a passenger who you know is already going to be travelling. I think it's brilliant! It's better than giving free upgrades to elite members like they do in America.

Edited by Josh T

Can you use option town for international flights on MH?

Yes , u can. Both on domestic n international business class fights. I paid USD 150 for upgrade for KUL - HKG evening flight.

MAS has stopped its reciprocal arrangement with OptionTown right? I wonder why OptionTown is still advertising this on their website. I almost fell for it but lucky for me I did more research before committing!

Their arrangement with MAS ended in late October last year. It's very dodgy that OptionTown are still advertising that MAS are part of the programme.

i got upgraded for all 3 pax on the trip back from TPE...it is a D7 flight...

Yes , i m of the victims. unable to upgrade thru Optiontown for this month trip

did they refund? what i worried is the refund...

Not too sure but I notice during my last few flights with them no Option Town was available and the Biz class was full. That was about 2-3 months before departure.

Optiontown D7 upgrade...beware!!! If you didn't initial purchase luggage...when you are upgraded...you would have to pay it at the counter during checkin...I was caught of guard once...

Optiontown D7 upgrade...beware!!! If you didn't initial purchase luggage...when you are upgraded...you would have to pay it at the counter during checkin...I was caught of guard once...

well it as not even offered at check in. i took the value pack for my aunt which includes baggage (20kg), a meal and seat selection.. i shall accompany my aunt to check-in and see if the option is offered

I think that would be if you were unsuccessful to get the premium class and yet they gave you the quiet zone seat.

I did get the Flatbed and all the perks onboard except luggage allowance. You need to purchase luggage allowance on your initial booking before using that booking PNR on optiontown upgrade. If you just buy a seat on Y and upgrade...you only get a seat and meal with whatever is onboard....except luggage.

well it as not even offered at check in. i took the value pack for my aunt which includes baggage (20kg), a meal and seat selection.. i shall accompany my aunt to check-in and see if the option is offered

When you get the confirmation of upgrade via optiontown email...go back to your Manage Your Booking, add the luggage needed...to safe on it, or else it's 1 fee for 15kg over the counter...but since your original seat you book include 20kg...then that 20kg follows you with your upgrade ... Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I did get the Flatbed and all the perks onboard except luggage allowance. You need to purchase luggage allowance on your initial booking before using that booking PNR on optiontown upgrade. If you just buy a seat on Y and upgrade...you only get a seat and meal with whatever is onboard....except luggage.

When you get the confirmation of upgrade via optiontown email...go back to your Manage Your Booking, add the luggage needed...to safe on it, or else it's 1 fee for 15kg over the counter...but since your original seat you book include 20kg...then that 20kg follows you with your upgrade ...

thanks for your clarification..i definitely looking forward to optiontown upgrade option email.

cheers

Sign in to follow this