MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
CH Teo

Air Asia BIG loyalty programme

Anyone plan to join the program? It is chargeable at RM 10 per member. According to the site, it is to be opened to public by end of this month, after few months delay from initial plan...and there is already a column for this in the booking engine...so guess it is really to be ready real soon...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More details here: https://loyalty.airasia.com/

And here is what I saw from the facebook:

Question: please give an explanation of what the mean by a "big shot ID"?

Answer: Hi Biru, it's the loyalty program that is going to launch soon, do stay tuned wth us for more updates!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I signed up and already got my confirmation mail, telling me I will receive my Member-details within the next 24 hours ;-)

most probably the rewards are like that:

" Fly with us 10 times and receive one free PAK NASSER'S NASI LEMAK " :----P

Edited by Wolfgang

Yes I signed up and already got my confirmation mail, telling me I will receive my Member-details within the next 24 hours ;-)

:rofl: wow, this is new.....another reason for me to make my wallet thick with cards <_<

:rofl: Good one!

I don't think I'll be signing up. Haven't flown with them for the last 3 years (and counting).

I also applied last Thursday evening and haven't received yet the member details :blink:

Anyway 10 Ringgits = 1 meal onboard Air Asia so nothing to lose here :rolleyes:

A good redemption would be RM 10 AirAsia gift voucher for 650 points. Not too shabby - reminds me of BHP Petrol's RM 10 petrol for 1100 points and Esso RM 15 petrol for 1000 points.

Edited by flee

I also applied last Thursday evening and haven't received yet the member details :blink:

Anyway 10 Ringgits = 1 meal onboard Air Asia so nothing to lose here :rolleyes:

Yup, me too. Signed up on last Friday but didn't received any membership number and details.

Received an email today but a BIG funny from AirAsia, looks like they sent wrong to my email others owner (RICHARD SHIPP) membership number and I'm curious still didn't received my membership details.

BIGpoints.jpg

I need some help regarding this programme...If I buy the ticket for someone else, would I get the points? What is the difference with the registration now (for government and corporate) and later (for public)? Should I wait for should I just register now? Thank you!

Received an email today but a BIG funny from AirAsia, looks like they sent wrong to my email others owner (RICHARD SHIPP) membership number and I'm curious still didn't received my membership details.

BIGpoints.jpg

I got Mr Shipp's email too, but when login the loyalty website, I can see my #. Then I tried to book a flight to SGN, but no space to put loyalty #. Lotsa bugs still, hehehe!

I got Mr Shipp's email too, but when login the loyalty website, I can see my #. Then I tried to book a flight to SGN, but no space to put loyalty #. Lotsa bugs still, hehehe!

Ditto! Suddenly many Mr Shipp...

So that's mean a bugs there. I'll try login my AK account and see either my # if there. Thanks Doc for sharing.

Cikgu, better register early so can get bonus points for early subscriber. Hope this FAQ link can help https://loyalty.airasia.com/CardFAQ.aspx

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

when i made an online booking 2 weeks ago, i remembered there was a space for BIG membership number in one of the pages (not sure which page - likely passenger detail page or payment detail page), and wondered what it meant at that time....now that space is no longer seen ...

That's real bug. But I saw that they'll give us 500 points/each account. Meanwhile they told 1000points as banner on web.

Which is the truth, lah?

Yeah I see there are many Shipps around! ;)

The 1,000 points is for the first 10,000 early birds. I don't know how good the response is, but maybe those who missed the 1,000 points were awarded 500 points.

Yup, just login into the loyalty website and can see my number too but unlucky no points rewarded even 500 points maybe I'm not one of early birds.

A double check on the guest detail page after flight selection just now, looks like the "BIG shot ID" column is being removed...and thanks guys for the responses...^^...looks like there is still lots of trouble out there before they are really ready for the millions outside...I think I will wait for the official opening to the public first...:D...

Very clever..... money already taken :( , now we find out it's not open to the public yet :(

They still silent about this even already asked at AK FB page :D

Seems like AK is still far from service excellence. Maybe they will open up another "premium" phone line for dedicated inquiry on its' membership. Members can either pay by cash or credit points.

me also not interested in that program, is just another program for them to suck our money....MAS enrich is free, i join krisflyer is free....Why air asia loyalty program need to charge RM10? BTW the charges is lifetime or have to pay every year?