MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ikman Ikreza

AirAsia - Counter Check-in fee of RM10 per guest

AirAsia

Important Announcement:

Please take note that all bookings made from 21 September 2011 (GMT+Eight) onwards will be subjected to a Counter Check-In fee of RM10 per Guest. Bookings made before 21 September 2011 (GMT+Eight) will not be affected. However, you can opt for self check-in to avoid the charges by checking in via our Mobile or Web check-in facilities, which is free, easy and convenient!

This fee will... apply for all domestic and international flights from all airports where AirAsia (AK) operates. As for AirAsia X (D7), counter check-in charges will apply for flights departing from all airports where the airline operates except airports in Tokyo (Haneda) & Osaka (Kansai) in Japan, Seoul (Incheon) in Korea and Tehran (Imam Khomeini) in Iran.

By encouraging self check-in (which is free), it also helps us reduce the cost of conventional counter check-in, which in turn will lower the total operational cost. We seek your kind understanding to improve our efficiency and opt for our self check-in facilities to counter the effects of rising costs.

For more information on AirAsia Counter Check-In Charges, please read the official PR Statement @ http://www.airasia.com/my/en/latestnews/selfcheckinpress_ak.page.

More info : http://www.airasia.com/my/en/latestnews/selfcheckinpress_ak.page.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Wow ! We should be impressed with how quickly this MH/AK tie-up has taken effect :D

Now everything must pay :p

now that the competition has been neutered

Edited by BC Tam

Air Asia is still cheap to fly? <_<

definitely not anymore...i checked on the price to tokyo, air asia offer 1499++return for ticket only, but i checked on MH and SQ, MAS offer 1500++ and SQ offer 1600++, i really don't see why we had to choose D7 or AK.....they are cheap when they doing the big sale....AK definitely not my choice of flying....unless i can get a really dirt cheap airfare...

I abandoned AirAsia a while ago. Only fly during desperate moment.

AirAsia is actually much more expensive compared to full service carrier, if you add on luggage, F&B and convenience fee. Its public myopia that AK is cheap...in reality, its not.

And at least when I surf other carrier's website, it won't crash like AK's, during sale..... :finger: :finger:

Edited by JuliusWong

I stopped flying AK a long time ago. won't even look at their sale fares anymore. I just wait for sales on MH because they're often really good and you get everything included!

I stopped flying AK a long time ago. won't even look at their sale fares anymore. I just wait for sales on MH because they're often really good and you get everything included!

Me too I have stopped flying AK long long ago and won't even bothered to look anymore on what they have to offered! Sales on other full service airlines or even FireFly are better. At least I know that my flight is waiting on the day of my flying. AK you might be in a shock when you time come to fly - The route is NO LONGER IN OPERATION due to commercial resaons :vava:

Edited by chookyan

Me too I have stopped flying AK long long ago and won't even bothered to look anymore on what they have to offered! Sales on other full service airlines or even FireFly are better. At least I know that my flight is waiting on the day of my flying. AK you might be in a shock when you time come to fly - The route is NO LONGER IN OPERATION due to commercial resaons :vava:

NO LONGER IN OPERATION due to commercial reasons

I kena this b4.....the flight to Tian Jin...they can suspend it suka hati, and din't consider us who have paid for the hotel rooms...

The question I have is when you book within 48 hrs you cannot use web/self/mobile checkin. In this instance are we still charged RM10?

NO LONGER IN OPERATION due to commercial reasons

I kena this b4.....the flight to Tian Jin...they can suspend it suka hati, and din't consider us who have paid for the hotel rooms...

That is why it is important that you are covered by travel insurance. I usually take out an annual policy so that it covers all my travel.

The question I have is when you book within 48 hrs you cannot use web/self/mobile checkin. In this instance are we still charged RM10?

Web check in is available up to 4 hours before departure on AirAsia X and 45 mins on all other AirAsia flights.

Edited by flee

I nearly missed my AK flight, got to the airport less than an hour before departure and had to check in at the desk, wasn't charged a single penny :pardon:

I nearly missed my AK flight, got to the airport less than an hour before departure and had to check in at the desk, wasn't charged a single penny :pardon:

You're lucky. The airport attendants must have yet to get the memo.

I received an email from Jetstar on flying CHC to MEL route. They informed passengers to check in earlier as counter will be closed 1 hour before the departure time. That's really crazy though. My flight is 6AM, so does it mean I have to depart to the airport as early as 4AM???

The check-in charge at the airport starts for bookings made after Sep 21.

The check-in charge at the airport starts for bookings made after Sep 21.

I'm referring to the existing desk check-in fee.

This is hardly a new development. Most LCCs in other parts of the world have already implemented this fee for a while now.

There's a reason why they're called Low Cost Carriers. The Low Cost part of it is not on the passenger side, that's for sure.

saw this in their website.. so pax still have to pay or case to case basis? :(

All guest(s) may enjoy Self Check-In except for:

Guest(s) travelling with infants

Guest(s) with reduced mobility and those with special needs

Sign in to follow this