MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Kong

Tripods on board?

Hi all, would like to ask one thing regarding hand-carry luggage, because sad to say, i am just a kampung boy who really seldom travel.

I will be going to Singapore using Tiger Airways this coming Saturday. I did not purchase any check-in baggage so i will carry everything by hand (not much to carry, anyway).

I intend to bring my tripod with me to take some photos in Singapore, and a foldable umbrella as well since it's pretty hot there now.

Are the tripod and foldable umbrella allowed on board? Any problems with airport security in Malaysian airport and Changi Aiport?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

The foldable umbrella should be ok, I always carry one with me to shield reflections while spotting through Changi's highly reflective glass in the terminal. Have not tried the tripod, but I have carried a Gorrillapod onboard before.

Thanks for the info, Daniel. Sorry i don't know what is a Gorillapod, well, im just a kampung boy, really.

I'll be flying from Kuching International Airport, really hope that i won't be harrassed by the Kch airport security n Singapore airport security.

Going into Singapore , I believe Malaysian security is slightly more flexible, from the other direction however , things could be different. But maybe if you explain to them politely , there should not be any problem

Going into Singapore , I believe Malaysian security is slightly more flexible, from the other direction however , things could be different. But maybe if you explain to them politely , there should not be any problem

Thanks boss for the reply. BTW, i read the hand luggage policy, only 1 hand luggage is allowed plus one laptop. So does that mean i can bring one hand luggage and 1 laptop bag (even though there is no laptop inside)?

Thanks boss for the reply. BTW, i read the hand luggage policy, only 1 hand luggage is allowed plus one laptop. So does that mean i can bring one hand luggage and 1 laptop bag (even though there is no laptop inside)?

Yes. 1 hand luggage plus 1 laptop bag or sling bag or plastic bag or handbag etc..

Yes. 1 hand luggage plus 1 laptop bag or sling bag or plastic bag or handbag etc..

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for asking all these funny questions, because this is my first travel in like...4 years...

Hi, sorry for being long-winded.

Liquids and gels are to be put into a clear zip-able plastic bag right? Will the police at the airport provide the plastic bag or do I have to buy it myself? If so, where to buy it?

Hi, sorry for being long-winded.

Liquids and gels are to be put into a clear zip-able plastic bag right? Will the police at the airport provide the plastic bag or do I have to buy it myself? If so, where to buy it?

Better get your own in case the airport doesn't provide. You can get some from supermarkets. They're just sandwich bags.

Sign in to follow this