MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
dean hizudy

MAS Classic Ads/Video

Fly from WHERE (every Thursday and Sunday)? With immediate connection to London...I can't make out what the guy is saying...

Auckland to Malaysia

Edited by Johan Z

Oh...ok...only 2X weekly...interesting...wonder how the load was back then...

I think it was on 747 as well. When fuel cost was not an issue, 747 flew almost everywhere.

OMG - Djakarta. I love old indonesian spelling

Iya Bapak Bapak dan iboe iboe ayo ke Djakarta!

Di sana bisa pake saboen wangi tjap Lux, membikin koelit haloes!

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Djakarta, must be the good old Kemayoran Airport.

It seems that in the old days getting from KUL to BKK is bit like a marathon... virtually no flights from North Borneo to Hong Kong!

Ahh jakarta kemayoran. Even now driving through the kemayoran boulevard which was the old runway you'll be able to see some old buildings of the old airport. If not mistaken the old control tower is still there. Including the former Garuda HQ.

Djakarta, must be the good old Kemayoran Airport.

It seems that in the old days getting from KUL to BKK is bit like a marathon... virtually no flights from North Borneo to Hong Kong!

My mum took a train once to Bangkok. Seemed like a far off place when my dad took me to send her off at KL station!

Ahh jakarta kemayoran. Even now driving through the kemayoran boulevard which was the old runway you'll be able to see some old buildings of the old airport. If not mistaken the old control tower is still there. Including the former Garuda HQ.

Dunno about Garuda HQ but the control tower is still there :)

MH's classic ads promoting the airlines' non-stop service from the legendary island of Langkawi to London:

You'll find that the YouTube account has plenty of old MH ads from the late 1990s to early 2000s. It was back when they were having Leo Burnett & the famed Yasmin Ahmad as their ad agency of choice. Explains why the 1998 Merdeka ad was Petronasesque in tone & manner, since it was made by the same creative minds.