MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
dean hizudy

MAS Classic Ads/Video

The first 0:37 in this video shows the airbus A380 with MH logo and from 0:38 onwards shows KLIA somewhere in 1999/2000 year. As we can see there is Northwest DC-10 departing to Kansai

*uploaded by melrocks555 on UTUBE*

The first 0:37 in this video shows the airbus A380 with MH logo and from 0:38 onwards shows KLIA somewhere in 1999/2000 year. As we can see there is Northwest DC-10 departing to Kansai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Y6X-A25CY

*uploaded by melrocks555 on UTUBE*

I remembered the 2005 A380 trip clearly - took time off from studying for my STPM exam to go and see it land at night near the water station, then on Friday went to the Observation Hill to watch it fly away.

And KUL without the LCCT - what a difference!

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Love the old Subang airport. Wonder why Malaysian airports nowadays can't be designed with outdoor observation facilities? Or at least a glassless anjung tinjau. The last to have it was KCH... until renovations changed everything.

Edited by Rozhan

For safety/security reason perhaps

Probably... but nobody can bring a manpad without security folks noticing. By the way there used to be several orange coloured pay-per-view binoculars at the observation deck. If I recall correctly, 50 sen gets one to use it for 1 minute or so. They are barely noticeable in the photo above. Those were the days when one could hear the roar of B707s and DC-8s. If only I can relive that experience...

Thank you all for sharing the memories.. Its great to look back and recall the good old times once more.

Edited by Cire

what a stewardess did inside hotel room =)

A1hv3FDCMAAmGdojpglarge.jpg

*photo from Tom Abg Saufi's twitter*

I seriously don't get the hat...the dress and mini skirt I get...but not the hat...what's with the hat???

I seriously don't get the hat...the dress and mini skirt I get...but not the hat...what's with the hat???

A smaller version of the Russian military winter wear. :p

All photos belong to Roland Abraham Thomas whom himself was MAS pilot

masads2.jpg

masads1.jpg

FY0253.jpg

FY0239.jpg

Haha, didn't know MH did an advertisement with mahjong before.

Is that 737 winglet? Thanks for sharing. Wish they would paint dugong with this,

The old livery is just not suitable for the dugong in my opinion.

In fact, the old livery only looks good on single deck aircraft (yes the 747 had the old livery but it's not a full double decker )