MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
dean hizudy

MAS Classic Ads/Video

it would be nice if MAS decided to use one of the colorful Wau from the 3rd picture as their symbol

I agree. They are really beautiful and colourful.

malayan5.jpg This is the 1st timetable for Malayan Airways , dated May 1947.

And then...the not so famous Wearnes Air Services, which had operated 10 years prior to Malayan Airways' formation.

wear40a.jpg

I must say that developments surrounding Malaysian aviation has come a long way...just at par with other developing countries during the Golden Age of Aviation. Wow.

Today the only Golden brand that survives are Golden Lounge and Golden Club Class

I wouldn't be sure about the part about Golden Club Class - their website calls it simply as Business Class these days.

Edited by Y. J. Foo

I wouldn't be sure about the part about Golden Club Class - their website calls it simply as Business Class these days.

Hmmm.. i bet the Golden lounge also will drop the word "Golden" soon

KCH & BKI are considered to be International routes back then?

KCH , BKI & pen were reflected as it links to international points . Example PEN-MES/BKK, SIN - BKI, KCH-BWN

malayan5.jpg This is the 1st timetable for Malayan Airways , dated May 1947.

And then...the not so famous Wearnes Air Services, which had operated 10 years prior to Malayan Airways' formation.

wear40a.jpg

I must say that developments surrounding Malaysian aviation has come a long way...just at par with other developing countries during the Golden Age of Aviation. Wow.

Syarikat Kafal(Kapal)terbang Malaya :lol:

Syarikat Kafal(Kapal)terbang Malaya :lol:

Remember, Arabic doesn't have "pa", only "fa". But in Malay language, we have pa, nya ( a few that I can think of) which Arabic doesn't have. That's why in Jawi, there are a few letters introduced, e.g. "pa" (with three dots), "nga" ("ayn" with three dots) etc.

Remember, Arabic doesn't have "pa", only "fa". But in Malay language, we have pa, nya ( a few that I can think of) which Arabic doesn't have. That's why in Jawi, there are a few letters introduced, e.g. "pa" (with three dots), "nga" ("ayn" with three dots) etc.

you're right bro

1982 international route networks

Funnily, 30 years later, MH still flying to these 4 European destinations only (if you exclude IST), after 10 other didn't work.

Yes I'm aware of that, hence the word Kapal in parentheses :)

Funnily, 30 years later, MH still flying to these 4 European destinations only (if you exclude IST), after 10 other didn't work.

So sad...but in 80s there were quiet few European airlines flew to KUL (Subang)

A very commendable effort Dean, and thanks for sharing with us all these historic documents. I would expect MAS archives to keep them in proper environment so as to preserve them for decades to come.