MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

MAS and AirAsia Shares Swap

He may look rich from the outside but inside (I'm just assuming), he has lotsa bank lons to pay off......he just bought over QPR to add to his portfolio.

As for our local GLC link companies......they should concentrate on what they know best instead of trying to dabble in airline industry.....my personal opinion

Just a thought - maybe TF will fly in the QPR team before next season starts...on a MH A380. Not even the big four of BPL gets this type of arrangament. :p

As for our local GLC link companies......they should concentrate on what they know best instead of trying to dabble in airline industry.....my personal opinion

They don't need to get involved in the industry, just their money required

And we the ones down the food chain don't even need to know about it :D

MH posted a net loss of RM526.68mil for the 2nd Quarter - andwithits previous loss of RM534.73mil from the first quarter - this 2 comboned meant MH already lost more than a BILLION!

Hence as always maintained, MH should not ordered the A380 and shd cancelled this buy and opt for more A330s and order the new A350. Just simply dont have the capacity to fill up the A380s as even its current 744 n 777s are not to capacity. Nevermind the 744s using more fuel but as already been paid for - what is needed is a complete overhaul of its 744s interiors and also to rework the interiors of its older 772s.

Dont be surprise if MH losses another few hundred million in the next 3rd quarter.

If we judge on past experience, MH will just sit on their buntut. They just react so slowly when things happen. Look at how long it is taking them to replace their fleet. I must admit it is the only "5-star" airline with such a shameful product offering. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think within the league, MH's fleet is the oldest. How many of their sectors offers AVOD? Mealbox??????

If we judge on past experience, MH will just sit on their buntut. They just react so slowly when things happen. Look at how long it is taking them to replace their fleet. I must admit it is the only "5-star" airline with such a shameful product offering. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think within the league, MH's fleet is the oldest. How many of their sectors offers AVOD? Mealbox??????

Totally agreed. I guess the only reason they was awarded 5 stars is because of the cabin staffs that contribute a lot of points.

MAS likely to appoint new CEO soon

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is likely to announce the appointment of its new chief soon.

According to AirAsia Bhd group CEO Tan Sri Tony Fernandes, he and AirAsia deputy group CEO Datuk Kamarudin Meranun are expected to leave the five-member MAS executive committee (exco) in the next two to three weeks.

The exco, chaired by MAS chairman Tan Sri Md Nor Yusof, was set up as an interim measure while the search for a new MAS chief was under way.

The two other members include newly-appointed executive director Mohammed Rashdan Yusof and MAS Datuk Mohamed Azman Yahya.

“I believe the search for the (MAS) CEO is coming to a conclusion,” Fernandes said in an analysts briefing yesterday.

Source: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/8/24/business/9356429&sec=business

MH posted a net loss of RM526.68mil for the 2nd Quarter - andwithits previous loss of RM534.73mil from the first quarter - this 2 comboned meant MH already lost more than a BILLION!

Hence as always maintained, MH should not ordered the A380 and shd cancelled this buy and opt for more A330s and order the new A350. Just simply dont have the capacity to fill up the A380s as even its current 744 n 777s are not to capacity. Nevermind the 744s using more fuel but as already been paid for - what is needed is a complete overhaul of its 744s interiors and also to rework the interiors of its older 772s.

Dont be surprise if MH losses another few hundred million in the next 3rd quarter.

I believe MH will make more losses in Q3 due to the lull in travel during Ramadan.

As for the A380s I believe that MH's options will be limited.

The first A380 is already in the final assembly line and should emerge in about 6-8 months. The parts for the second aircraft are already being convoyed to Toulouse for final assembly. Any postponement in deliveries will have to be for aircraft that are not yet in the manufacturing process. I also believe that if MH delays deliveries of aircraft already manufactured, penalties will apply.

If MH does not take the A380, it will continue to bleed unless it retires the B744 and replace all its routes with the B772. This will mean that capacity is reduced and it may be OK for the short term. But for the longer term, what if business improves? Will MH be able to put on more capacity instantly without the A380? At LHR, MH only has two slots a day - so there cannot be any additional frequency. I believe they also have similar slot constraints at SYD.

MH will be better off it it leverages on the A380s appeal and start work on marketing the product now so that by the time the aircraft is in service, there will be demand for A380 flights. MH has always received govt. help and handouts in the past. Perhaps this is the first time it really has to work hard to earn its keep! Not a bad thing and I hope that TF and co can slowly change MH's corporate culture to a more commercial and competitive one.

The next 18 months will be crucial for MH. It had better turn around. Otherwise, as many have said here, it should be wound up!

sad and dont know how much billion losses MH will ened up with in its full-year accounts - and if add in all the previous bail-outs n losses - should be well over rm6 billion in debts/losses or more!

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is likely to announce the appointment of its new chief soon.

Captain Nik ? :)

It's time to get A380 into the service. MAS has a flexibility to use A380 to London/Sydney/Paris or any other destinations that MAS consider breakeven. Even A380 can be use for hajj flights next year. Infact, Emirates already has been deployed A380 from Dubai to Jeddah.

I already check out Emirates A380 on 24th October 2011 and it seems Emirates deployed 2 A380's to Jeddah from Dubai. EK805 and EK803 eventhough Emirates already deployed 1 A332 for hajj flights only (EK2727). [Economy Class already sold out on EK805 and EK803].

Edited by MUHAMMAD SHAHIR SAYYID

It's time to get A380 into the service. MAS has a flexibility to use A380 to London/Sydney/Paris or any other destinations that MAS consider breakeven. Even A380 can be use for hajj flights next year. Infact, Emirates already has been deployed A380 from Dubai to Jeddah.

Most of us in MWings would disagree with you. MH does not need A380 as they can't fill up all the seats available all year long, unless they join an alliance tomorrow. They can't even fill up the B744. None of MH's international destinations break even as far as we in MWings are concerned. Hajj flight is seasonal as well. They come and go several times per year. It would be expensive to maintain a fleet of A380 for that.

Emirates is able to deploy A380 because they have massive O&D and labour pax from India subcontinent. EK is now the largest airline in India.

The most viable route for MH would be London, Amsterdam and Sydney. But bear in mind how stiff the competition is going to be, even SQ and QF are also struggling.

The most viable route for MH would be London, Amsterdam and Sydney. But bear in mind how stiff the competition is going to be, even SQ and QF are also struggling.

Or Perhaps MH first debut A380 promotion? Zero fare?

From MAS 2nd Quarter Financial Report,

MASkargo, Firefly Turboprops and MRO operations registered profit of RM140 million collectively in the first

half and expected to remain profitable in the second half of 2011. However Firefly Jet operations is under

review due to the substantial losses in the first half of 2011 and the current resources of Firefly Jet will be

refocused to provide a short-haul premium airline offering, whilst Firefly Turboprop would continue on its

expansion plans.

http://malaysiaairlines.listedcompany.com/newsroom/MAS230811.pdf

Page 16

From MAS 2nd Quarter Financial Report,

MASkargo, Firefly Turboprops and MRO operations registered profit of RM140 million collectively in the first

half and expected to remain profitable in the second half of 2011. However Firefly Jet operations is under

review due to the substantial losses in the first half of 2011 and the current resources of Firefly Jet will be

refocused to provide a short-haul premium airline offering, whilst Firefly Turboprop would continue on its

expansion plans.

http://malaysiaairlines.listedcompany.com/newsroom/MAS230811.pdf

Page 16

..at least someone is doing it right...

..at least someone is doing it right...

MASkargo is a dominant player of the Malaysian air cargo market that's drastically different than the passenger market, and their revenue not only derives from just cargo but also ground handling of cargo for the majority of other airlines using KUL & PEN (a few who uses KLAS as cargo handler includes FedEx & UPS if I'm not mistaken). Plus they have little overhead, their staff numbering around 1050+ worldwide, with cargo handling in the warehouse outsourced to third-parties.

All they have to do is to constantly monitor the world's economy and adjust capacity accordingly, and nip AirAsia Cargo in the bud, which is what my former colleague tells me they're doing.

Website for Sapphire Airlines? Maybe http://www.sapphireairlines.com

Domain: sapphireairlines.com

DNS:

ns1.ezydomain.com

ns2.ezydomain.com

Created: 2011-08-18 11:27:16

Expires: 2012-08-18 11:27:16

Last Modified: 2011-08-18 03:12:30

Registrant Contact:

Whoisprotection.cc

Domain Admin (reg_1085925@whoisprotection.cc)

Lot 2-1, Incubator 1, Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia 57000

P: +603.89966788 F: +0.0

Administrative Contact:

Whoisprotection.cc

Domain Admin (adm_1085925@whoisprotection.cc)

Technical Contact:

Whoisprotection.cc

Domain Admin (tec_1085925@whoisprotection.cc)

Billing Contact:

Whoisprotection.cc

Domain Admin (bil_1085925@whoisprotection.cc)

-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 pm --

About the website address, actually is: sapphire.com.my

Already checked at MYNIC WHOIS

Sorry for wrong information.

[Querying whois.domainregistry.my]

[whois.domainregistry.my]

Welcome to .my DOMAIN REGISTRY Whois Server.

--------------------------------------------------

For alternative search,

whois -h whois.domainregistry.my xxxxx#option

Type the command as below for display help:

whois -h whois.domainregistry.my help#h

Note: Code is previously known as MYNIC Handle.

Please note that the query limit is 500 per day from the same IP.

--------------------------------------------------

SEARCH BY DOMAIN NAME

a [Domain Name] sapphire.com.my

b [Registration No.] D1A173257

c [Record Created] 11-AUG-2011

d [Record Expired] 11-AUG-2012

e [Record Last Modified] 11-AUG-2011

f [invoicing Party] R039

Domain Registration Department

Qinetics Solutions Berhad

Lot 2-2, Incubator 1

Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil

57000 Kuala Lumpur

Wilayah Persekutuan

Malaysia

registry@webnic.cc

(Tel) 603-89966799

(Fax) 603-89968788

g [Registrant Code] RKEY0000010410

FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd

(346606-K)

3rd Floor, Admin Building 1

Complex A, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport

47200 Subang

Selangor

(Tel) 603-78402848

(Fax) 603-78466461

h [Administrative Contact Code] CKEY0000016205

Eddy Leong Chin Tung

FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd

3rd Floor, Admin Building 1

Complex A, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport

47200 Subang

Selangor

Malaysia

edleong@malaysiaairlines.com

(Tel) 603-78402848

(Fax) 603-78466461

i [billing Contact Code] CKEY0000000655

Sharifudin Rizal Abd Halim

Primus Core Sdn Bhd

33-2, Level 2, Jalan Dwitasik 1

Dataran Dwitasik, Bandar Sri Permaisuri, Cheras

56000 Kuala Lumpur

Wilayah Persekutuan

Malaysia

domains@primuscore.com

(Tel) 603-91738880

(Fax) 603-91738881

j [Technical Contact Code] CKEY0000000655

Sharifudin Rizal Abd Halim

Primus Core Sdn Bhd

33-2, Level 2, Jalan Dwitasik 1

Dataran Dwitasik, Bandar Sri Permaisuri, Cheras

56000 Kuala Lumpur

Wilayah Persekutuan

Malaysia

domains@primuscore.com

(Tel) 603-91738880

(Fax) 603-91738881

k [Primary Name Server] DSA002553

ns1.ezydomain.com 66.132.144.176

l [secondary Name Server] DSA002635

ns2.ezydomain.com 66.132.144.178

MAS, AirAsia shares down on weaker financial results

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and AirAsia Bhd saw their shares being sold down the day after they announced weaker numbers for their second-quarter earnings.

MAS was down 8 sen to RM1.56 on volume of 10.62 million shares while AirAsia fell 17 sen to RM3.45 on volume of 31.78 million shares.

MAS' net loss for the quarter ended June 30 was slightly lower than the net loss of RM534.73mil posted during the same period the year before.

However, operating loss for the quarter rose to RM413mil from RM286mil a year ago, owing to lower cargo revenue and higher fuel cost, despite overall revenue growing 8% to RM3.49bil.

Meanwhile, AirAsia's second-quarter net profit was down 47% to RM104.26mil compared with RM198.93mil one year ago, due to a RM32.7mil deferred tax charge.

It recorded a 3.5% lower operating profit at RM214.8mil, as it posted higher staff and fuel costs. AirAsia's overall revenue grew to RM1.08bil from last year's RM933.4mil.

Analysts said operationally, AirAsia delivered strong numbers, particularly since the second quarter was not easy.

Apart from higher fuel prices, it was also a seasonally weak period with a challenging economic outlook.

AirAsia' seat revenue was flat while the average ticket price was lower by 3%. Nonetheless, the ancillary income increased marginally by 4% during the period. The average ancillary income per passenger was also flat at RM50 per person. It was strong demand that helped AirAsia.

“AirAsia received support from a 15% year-on-year increase in revenue passenger km demand and a 6% points rise in passenger load factor to 81.6%, the eighth straight quarter in which demand rose faster than available seat km capacity.

“As such, we view AirAsia's second-quarter performance as being very good in a tough environment,” said an analyst from CIMB Research.

An analyst from Kenanga Research said that moving forward, a key catalyst for AirAsia would be contribution from its associate companies.

AirAsia Japan is expected to be launched in March 2012, earlier than the initial target of August 2012.

“We expect AirAsia Japan's contribution to be interesting due to lucrative low-cost carrier business in Japan. This will remain as a key re-rating catalyst for AirAsia earnings in financial year (FY) 2012,” said the Kenanga analyst.

AirAsia Thailand is slated for listing in Thailand by the fourth quarter of this year while AirAsia Indonesia will follow suit in the first quarter of 2012.

“The impact of the equity accounting for these associates will further boost AirAsia earnings for FY12 while clearing its balance sheet issues,” said the Kenanga analyst.

In the case of MAS, management has guided for smaller losses in the second half of the year, a seasonally stronger period.

“Strategy changes, capacity reductions and reconsideration of oneworld as an alliance partner all greatly complicate the ability to pin down MAS' prospects in 2012.

“These now lie in the hands of new management execution, which should be clearer in the next few quarters,” said an analyst from Nomura Research.

An MIDF analyst said he was surprised that management was looking at cutting capacity in the Asean region as this had been one of its key growth markets.

“Management allayed our concerns by indicating that it will be suspending the Asean non-profitable routes. We believe that this will alleviate the fuel cost burden in the short-term,” said the MIDF analyst.

On MAS being a premium long-haul carrier, the MIDF analyst said this would not have an immediate impact on earnings.

Thus, he is slashing his forecast FY11 and FY12 net losses to RM934.2mil and RM332.5mil to reflect the expected poor performance by MAS.

The CIMB analyst said the most surprising shift by MAS was its move away from the strategy of focusing on leisure-based traffic and reconfiguring airplanes with fewer premium seats and more economy-class seats.

Its new strategy is to re-emphasise first and business class seating at the expense of cattle-class capacity.

“We are sceptical about the new MAS strategy of focusing more on premium traffic. Datuk Seri Idris Jala's (former MAS CEO) business turnaround plan of 2006 clearly analysed that Malaysia was primarily a leisure-based market rather than a business-focused market.

“As such, MAS' aircraft need to be reconfigured to emphasise a greater proportion of economy-class seats and fewer business-class seats,” said the CIMB analyst.

Source

Malaysia Airlines promises better service, more fun

by Robert Stockdill

Posted Date: 25/08/2011

Malaysia’s national carrier is promising a major overhaul of its operations as its executives from its fast-growing rival take control of the carrier.

Malaysia Airlines is now effectively under the control of regional budget airline heavyweight Air Asia and its founder Tony Fernandes after a share swap agreement was bedded down earlier this month and several senior management ousted.

This week it reported a loss for the first half and warned shareholders the red ink would continue for the rest of the year.

But in announcing its trading result, the company said the board had identified immediate priorities to focus on in the short term, starting with “putting in place strong leadership” and proactively searching for a new CEO/MD and other senior managers.

The board said it would focus on better capacity management, a new pricing structure, a review of products and brand positioning and a review of its low-cost carrier’s Firefly business to focus on its turbo-prop operations out of Subang and to realign the Firefly jet business to focus on providing regional premium services.

Malaysia Airlines would look to work more closely with its new cornerstone shareholder Air Asia, to improve synergies and reduce costs.

A fleet upgrade aimed at getting older planes out of service and replaced with more comfortable, fuel efficient models, would continue.

That program commenced with the delivery of five new B737-800 aircraft and five new A330-300 aircraft as at mid August 2011. Six more aircraft deliveries are scheduled for 2011 (two B737-800, two A330 Freighters and two ATR72s). Beyond 2011, MAS has a firm order of 38 B737-800s, 10 A330s, six A380s and two A330 Freighters.

The company says the aircraft delivery will gather pace in the next few years.

The management team will conduct a serious review of the current network moving forward, and shall adjust deployed capacity accordingly.

In a presentation accompanying the results summary, Malaysia Airlines said its new organisation would become “lean and mean” with agile leadership - “flexible and entrepreneurial, yet vibrant and fun”.

The carrier would focus on providing best in class product and service with attention to detail and work to rebuilt customer loyalty.

Operationally, the airline says it will look to develop distinctive long-haul and short-haul premium offerings.

Source

So are they gonna do away with the pathetic meal boxes??

Well I dont mind the meal boxes as long as they learn from others who knows about and how to design, pack and fill up a decent meal box.....take LH for example....

Malaysia Airlines is now effectively under the control of regional budget airline heavyweight Air Asia and its founder Tony Fernandes after a share swap agreement was bedded down earlier this month and several senior management ousted.

If that doesn't send shivers down the spine of BSKL regulators, then they must be made of sterner stuff than most of us can imagine :D

Bearing in mind that both MH and AK are public listed entities

And this with just a minority (20%) stake holding ?

Perhaps T/S TF's word has become the gospel truth already nowadays ? :)

Well I dont mind the meal boxes as long as they learn from others who knows about and how to design, pack and fill up a decent meal box.....take LH for example....

Well... LH ain't 5 Star...

Well... LH ain't 5 Star...

A 5 star airlines not just because of the meal, but comprises of a lot of contributor factors. MH's meal is always Malaysian Meals. That's about it.

A 5 star airlines not just because of the meal, but comprises of a lot of contributor factors. MH's meal is always Malaysian Meals. That's about it.

I fully agree. MH doesn't deserve to be 5 star then. :rofl: