MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

MAS and AirAsia Shares Swap

It will operate the entire narrow-body fleet and short haul routes of MAS, as well as the Firefly ATR turboprop business.[/size]

Seriously?! That practically marks the end of Firefly! Gosh, I'm seriously waiting for some elaboration on this sentence.

How bout Caterham Jet, a full service airline as proposed by Tony Fernandez?

Yes, guess Firefly will be a history when MAS new short haul,so called Sapphire start their operation.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?sec=nation&file=/2011/9/9/nation/9454326

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/tonys-new-airline-threatens-mas-airasia-pact-says-pkr/

I don't think there will be any more changes to the operation of the current Firefly. 'MAS' (aka Sapphire in the past) won't operate ATR 72-500s aircraft from Subang Airport so why would Firefly's business is in jeopardy? From my understanding, FY was mentioned in the article to state where it belongs in the new group structure of MAS.

More imports being brought in to cure MH.

MAS announces new appointments

Published: 2012/01/18

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...cle/index_html

Malaysia Airlines today announced the appointments of Shane Nolan as Interim Commercial Director and Al-Ishsal Ishak as Senior Vice President for Marketing & Promotions with effect from Jan 16.

The new members to Malaysia Airlines' leadership team followed the appointments of Dr Hugh Dunleavy as Executive Vice President, Network, Alliance, Strategy & Planning and Shihaj Kutty Senior Vice President, Revenue Management announced last month.

"We believe that their professional experience and inputs will be valuable for our efforts to successfully implement the Business Plan towards the profitability for our group," Chief Executive Officer Ahmad Jauhari said in a statement today.

Shane Nolan has worked in the aviation business for over 30 years and has extensive experience in marketing, sales, project management, budgeting and cost management, change management, training and customer service.

Al–Ishsal Ishak joins Malaysia Airlines with vast experience in information technology, brand building and customer relationship management (CRM).

Among the various related positions he held earlier were Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Enabling Asia, CEO of Baraka Telecom and Chief Digital Officer of McCann Worldgroup. -- Bernama

Also some Malaysians too.

MAS appoints 2 new senior execs

Published: 2012/01/31

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...#ixzz1l2aOmx33

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) today announced two appointments to its senior management team.

Azhari Mohd Dahlan, a highly experienced engineering professional with a sound knowledge of the aviation industry, joins MAS Aerospace Engineering (MAE) as Chief Executive Officer effective Feb 1, 2012.

He re-joins the Group (where he was from 1981–1995) following his earlier stints in AirAsia Bhd and Transmile Engineering.

Meanwhile, the current Head of Human Capital, Raja Azura Raja Mahayuddin, will be leaving MAS by the middle of next month.

She will be succeeded by Zahrah Zaid, who will take on the position of executive vice president of Human Capital effective Feb 8, 2012.

Zahrah’s 20-year career in Human Resources spans Asia Pacific and Europe, in Sime Darby, British American Tobacco and Danone Group.

Her most recent position was director, Learning & Development Asia Pacific at Danone Asia Pte Ltd.

"We look forward to Azhari’s proven visionary and strategic leadership capabilities to bring MAE to greater heights by developing and translating strategies into maximum results," MAS Group chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said in a statement today.

"Likewise, Zaharah is tasked to set new benchmarks for MAS’ Human Capital to energise our whole workforce towards higher levels of accomplishment as we implement our Business Plan." -- BERNAMA

Shane Nolan is an Irish.

Shane.png

Al Ishsal has a Twitter account. Ex- STAR Ipoh and a USM graduate.

Ishsal2.png

ishsal.png

Interesting, Al-Ishsal resurfaces. Started a web company in the late 90s, didn't work out. One of my companies invested in his.

all linked... they are all TF men.

And there is also and Australian element in all this... MAS, Qantas. Air Asia and Jeststar - can you see the link?

Shane Nolan works for PlaneConsult.

Conor McCharty is the MD of PlaneConsult http://www.planeconsult.com/ , and a non exec director at AirAsia

http://investing.bus...e=AIRASIA%20BHD

Apparently Mr McCharty is the brain behind Air Asia (?) and has strong links to Jetstar

http://www.smh.com.a...0113-1pzgm.html

In fact another PlaneConsult consultant is in a senior positioin at Jetstar in Singapore

http://www.linkedin....n/stevendickson

McCharty is also a good buddy of Joyce at Qantas (apparently they gave each other jobs at some point in the past) and was involved in the 2003 set up of Jetstar

http://www.theage.co...91009-gqvv.html

Some say he is the man that drove the Jetstarisation of Qantas

... so PlaneConsult are behind the much criticised Jestarisation of Qantas (ask AUS unions and the travelling public abt that) - are they now attempting an Airasiation of MAS?

Edited by Romeo B

... so PlaneConsult are behind the much criticised Jestarisation of Qantas (ask AUS unions and the travelling public abt that) - are they now attempting an Airasiation of MAS?

Winner takes all.

Looks like AirAsia is putting their finance man inside MH:

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 10 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has appointed Rozman Omar group chief financial officer (CFO) with effect from Feb 14, 2012.

In a statement, MAS group chief executive officer, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, said Rozman, 50, will join MAS' leadership team following the resignation of its previous CFO at the end of last year.

"We believe that his professional financial input and experience will be valuable to our efforts to implement the Business Plan towards profitability for our group," he said.

Prior to joining MAS, Rozman was with AirAsia Group.

Rozman has substantial working experience in corporate finance and project advisory and is a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.

Hopefully they'll bring whatever was good in Air Asia into MH.

There are some troubling rumors coming out from the training department though.

I wish the everyday low fares domestic tickets were back... Even their cheapest travel fair domestic ticket is RM144 when AK's non-promo fare is RM94.

With all these imports and hiring frenzy, shouldn't they suppose to reduce staff numbers instead?

With all these imports and hiring frenzy, shouldn't they suppose to reduce staff numbers instead?

As much as we want MH to do so, I don't think MH has the privilege to do so, unless they want riot happening and all politicians will start meddling again.....(as if they never meddle before).....Very unfortunate.....

We might see MH reduce staff employed overseas once they join oneworld. They also have increased capacity in some routes and axed some, so staff number should not change that much.

We might see MH reduce staff employed overseas once they join oneworld. They also have increased capacity in some routes and axed some, so staff number should not change that much.

They cancelled a couple of routes, but also increased frequency to some existing routes.. So guess some in those cancelled route probably won't be needed.. In those routes with increased frequency, they will probably have a bit more work to do.

AirAsia Names Andrew Littledale As Group Chief Financial Officer

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 13 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd on Monday announced the appointment of Andrew Littledale as the budget carrier's new group chief financial officer.

The appointment takes effect tomorrow.

Littledale will assume leadership responsibilities across the group's accounting and financial functions.

Prior to joining AirAsia as group financial controller, he was the chief financial officer of AirAsia X, AirAsia's long-haul carrier, since its inception in 2007.

Datuk Kamarudin Meranun, AirAsia's deputy group chief executive officer and president of Group Finance, Treasury, Corporate Finance and Legal, said Littledale has extensive experience in all aspects of finance, including strategies, financial planning, technical accounting and business operations.

"Littledale has shown he has the expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm to participate in AirAsia's growth and to manage the complex financial elements," he said in a statement.

Littledale holds a bachelor's degree in Zoology from the University of London and a qualified accountant from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.

Littledale succeeds Rozman Omar who has left for Malaysia Airlines as the national carrier's new group chief financial officer.

TF Tweets:

Succession planning and refreshing the organsiation is crucial. We will soon be making the first of succession planning in finance. Which shows the depth of airasia. Very happy at how advanced we are.

Littledale holds a bachelor's degree in Zoology from the University of London and a qualified accountant from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.

As weird as the Zoology seems to sound and fit in the pre-requisite for a CFO of an airline, I think it was the later qualification (and of course his social network) that led him to the position. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants is the paper I am currently pursuing. Just to share, in my very small class of only 7 or 8 (depending on the subjects), none of us were from non Accounting background (such as Zoology).

As long as he has met the entrance requirements and completed his qualifications, then he is a qualified accountant. Many people did first degrees of different disciplines because they were unsure what to take up. When I did my Association of Chartered Certified Accountants qualification, one of my coursemates was a qualified hairdresser. He wanted to do the course to learn how to manage his business better.