MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS Northern Winter 2012 Operational Changes

Not the end of those redeye ETOPS flight, but at least some chance to see the country during daylight.

Malaysia Airlines, currently the only carrier providing daily direct full service connections between Kuala Lumpur and the main Indian hubs of Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad will introduce new daytime frequencies between Malaysia and India effective 1 September 2012.

From this date Malaysia Airlines' current daily evening frequencies between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru will be complemented by daytime flights, providing better travel options for customers to enjoy improved connectivity to destinations in the airline's network.

Malaysia Airlines' Regional Senior Vice President for Malaysia and ASEAN, Encik Muzammil Mohamad said, "These are exciting times for those who regularly patronize our flights to Mumbai, Bengaluru and Chennai. As part of our Business Plan strategy to win more customers, we have identified the vast growth potential in the Indian routes and are now set to increasing our services offering more flight choices. With new aircraft, authentic Indian inflight cuisine and Malaysian Hospitality delivered by our award winning crew as well as competitive pricing, we invite customers to take advantage of this winning proposition and cherish their travel experiences with us."

The daytime service from Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai, flight MH174, departs every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 09:20 hours and arrives in the Indian city at 11:45 hours. It returns as flight MH 175 the same day, departing Mumbai at 11:45 hours arriving Kuala Lumpur at 20:20 hours.

The additional daytime service to Bengaluru on Monday, Thursday and Saturday departs Kuala Lumpur as flight MH 104 at 09:50 hours and arrives at 11:20 hours, while the return flight MH105 departs at 12:10 hours and arrives Kuala Lumpur at 18:55 hours.

The Chennai service is increased by 4 weekly daytime flights on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday with flight MH182 departing Kuala Lumpur at 09:35 hours and arriving in the South Indian city at 10:45 hours. The return flight departs Chennai at 11:45hours to arrive Kuala Lumpur at 18:15 hours.

Together with the above services as well as existing 12 weekly return services to New Delhi and daily return service to Hyderabad, Malaysia Airlines provides a total of 50 weekly direct and full service flights between India and Malaysia.

Customers can log on to Malaysia Airlines’ website at www.malaysiaairlines.com or visit MHmobile (flymas.mobi), Malaysia Airlines’ nationwide ticket offices, all appointed travel agents or call Malaysia Airlines’ 24-hour toll-free Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 to enjoy the national carrier’s award winning service at competitive rates.

Edited by Radzi

Hm...I can now consider going to KTM sometime in the future...

Am on for KUL/KTM in mid-September. With D7, RM920 return (fares+taxes). :D

Edited by Naim

Have a great trip - beware of those crashing buses!

Look forward to your trip report! :)

Will skip KTM-Lukhla flight, but might do airtour of Everest from KTM. Then go west to Pokhara for Annapurna. Will see how it goes. :)

Will skip KTM-Lukhla flight, but might do airtour of Everest from KTM. Then go west to Pokhara for Annapurna. Will see how it goes. :)

The air tour of everest is well worth it. Stunning

What aircraft do they use for that? Hope the windows are not scratched so that you can take good pix from the plane! :)

What aircraft do they use for that? Hope the windows are not scratched so that you can take good pix from the plane! :)

Buddha Air offers an Everest Sightseeing flight on ATR for 325 usd for 2 pax.

guite reasonable i guess....

I have seen Everest from Base Camp, Tibet side, only 20km distance, in 2010 - a sight to behold!

DSC04832-1.JPG

Last year I returned to the Himalaya via Darjeeling, India. I guess this year it's Nepal's turn, but by air. :D

===

Buddha Air offers an Everest Sightseeing flight on ATR for 325 usd for 2 pax.

guite reasonable i guess....

For everest flight U4 uses beech 1900's more

For everest flight U4 uses beech 1900's more

Thanks Suzanne.

I quote the info from the website actually.

FROM Kathmandu FLT. DAYS FLT. NO. DEP. TIME ARR. TIME AIRCRAFT TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 100 06:15:00 07:15:00 ATR - 42 TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 103 06:15:00 07:15:00 B - 1900 TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 102 06:15:00 07:15:00 B - 1900 TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 101 06:15:00 07:15:00 B - 1900 TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 203 07:15:00 08:15:00 B - 1900 TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 202 07:15:00 08:15:00 B - 1900 TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 201 07:15:00 08:15:00 B - 1900 TO: Everest Experience DAILY U4 204 08:00:00 09:00:00 B - 1900

almost all, except one flight.

From Here

Malaysia Airlines is retiring Boeing 747 aircraft from its operation, which sees last flight operates MH004/001 Kuala Lumpur – London Heathrow on 24NOV12, which will be downgraded to a 777-200 :angry2:

Schedule:

Kuala Lumpur – London Heathrow Schedule from 25NOV12

MH004 KUL1045 – 1615LHR 772 D

MH002 KUL2355 – 0525+1LHR 380 D

MH003 LHR1050 – 0710+1KUL 380 D

MH001 LHR2200 – 1820+1KUL 772 D

Edited by Cheng Kit

So SQ is increasing frequency and capacity at LHR. QR, EK and EY have all increased capacity and frequency at LHR giving god connections onwards to KUL.

D7 pulls out of London market and yet MH stands still!

Is the double daily A380 plan dead?

Geoff

So SQ is increasing frequency and capacity at LHR. QR, EK and EY have all increased capacity and frequency at LHR giving god connections onwards to KUL.

D7 pulls out of London market and yet MH stands still!

Is the double daily A380 plan dead?

Geoff

seems that way.

Push to MH2 I guess.

That is exactly what they did last year when the first time it was nominally downgauged - my colleague had a booking in MH4 in F and was rebooked into MH2. Only problem he wasn't rebooked back to MH4 (which was his ideal flight) when the downgauge didn't happen.

Just curious - were MH LHR-KUL flights in 2000 operated by a 777?

I flew a couple of times specifically in 2000 on MH1/2/3/4 - all 744's at the time. My last smoking flight ever was MH3 22/9/2000 - operated by 9M-MPF

sigh those were the days :)

All this hoohah I'm guessing resulting from MH's accelerated retirement of the 744 fleet ?

One can only wonder at the wisdom of 'inconveniencing' the airline's most premium of premium paying pax vs keeping one or two of the 744's on the route until there are sufficient number of dugongs available to do LHR double daily, which is just but a few months away I believe

They must have had a look at the forward booking data for the winter flights and decided that the B772s would be able to cope with that kind of level of demand. Trip costs would be lower - so yields might be higher with the revised equipment. Not sure what kind of profit MH gets from first class seats on the LHR route. Who are the people who normally fly first class on MH - royalty and govt. personnel?

Who are the people who normally fly first class on MH - royalty and govt. personnel?

And not to mention those using their Enrich miles.

Who are the people who normally fly first class on MH - royalty and govt. personnel?

Not all government personnel fly first class.

But if we fly, we don't fly for free, we pay full fare, based on our entitlement.

Well, this is the entitlement, according to the General Order.

For overseas trip

Grade 54 and below, economy class

superscale C and B, business class

superscale A and higher, first class

superscale A is equivalent to CEO in private sector.

Sign in to follow this