MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

2 Daily Emirates A380 to Kuala Lumpur from 1 July 2016

Yes, ticket prices will definitely be pushed lower by EK now. From 2008 till 2015, EK scheduled A380 network capacity has grown from less than 1 million to today 20 millions. More to come with B77X coming end of the decade.

EK is simply..... unmatched. No one can beat them at all, not even EY or QR. No wonder US3 are making huge noises.

It's gonna be 3 x daily 77W and 1x daily 388 from January 2016.

I think they are picking up MH's slack..

That almost 1900 seats per day each way to fill - at 75% load factor that's 500,000 passengers each way per year!

How long before 2 or 3 daily A380s in place of the 777 or maybe a 5th service?

Geoff

That almost 1900 seats per day each way to fill - at 75% load factor that's 500,000 passengers each way per year!

How long before 2 or 3 daily A380s in place of the 777 or maybe a 5th service?

Geoff

Hence why CM has stated the Kangaroo market has gone to hand of ME3. All EK needs to ask now is for more traffic right between KUL-Australia/NZ since MAHB is so eagerly to boost KLIA pax number. Brisbane, Adelaide and Auckland are some good start.

26 days countdown until the arrival of EK's 615 seat A380 to KUL.

Configuration: 58J + 557Y = 615 seats

1st arrival with flight EK 342 on 1 January 2016.

i60dh4.png

Click here to view the seatmap: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_Airlines/Emirates_Airlines_Airbus_A380_Two_Class.php

MH-EK recently announced code share agreement will be effective from 1 February 2016, a month after the start of this aircraft's service to KUL.

So in two class A380 will see a reduction of 0.5 inch seat width in economy class. Small difference but very meaningful to those big size. Hehe

Edited by Wan

So in two class A380 will see a reduction of 0.5 inch seat width in economy class. Small difference but very meaningful to those big size. Hehe

Is the seat width being reduced? They're not squeezing in more seats per row as far as I can tell. Btw, seatguru isn't known to be very accurate...

Is the seat width being reduced? They're not squeezing in more seats per row as far as I can tell. Btw, seatguru isn't known to be very accurate...

They ripped out the first class and showers for more economy seats. I don't think they seat pitch and seat width are changed.

I am interested to know the flow of movement of the J pax who will be put at the back of the upper deck.

How are they going to make sure a smooth in and out of these pax without the obstruction of the Y pax sitting on the upper deck?

The only way I can foresee is a dedicated walkway direct to door 2L or 3L on the upper deck whilst Y pax on the upper deck are forced to use the stairs via the main deck. Is this doable?

I am interested to know the flow of movement of the J pax who will be put at the back of the upper deck.

How are they going to make sure a smooth in and out of these pax without the obstruction of the Y pax sitting on the upper deck?

The only way I can foresee is a dedicated walkway direct to door 2L or 3L on the upper deck whilst Y pax on the upper deck are forced to use the stairs via the main deck. Is this doable?

I would have guess your statement is actually correct. One aerobridge for Business Class on upper deck. And two aerobridges for Economy Class though main deck.

it should not be a problem for emirates to fill up their high density A380s as by 25 Jan 2016, MAS will no longer fly direct to Paris and Amsterdam and all its european flights will be code-share with emirates.

it should not be a problem for emirates to fill up their high density A380s as by 25 Jan 2016, MAS will no longer fly direct to Paris and Amsterdam and all its european flights will be code-share with emirates.

Of course it's not going to be a problem filling up the A380, but it's still useless if EK was selling all those 615 tickets at $1 (hyperbole). Malaysia/KL is generally a low yield destination, with relatively low O&D and few onward connection possibilities.

Actually, why didn't MH transfer all their pax bound for AMS, CDG and FRA through MH2 and MH4 instead and connect on BA regional? Or are they always packed to LHR?

MH does not code share with BA. Difficult transfer too as BAs are mostly at T5 while MH is at T4. And (presumably) they dont get along well.

MH loads on the A380 has been reportedly very light hence why the A380s will be decommissioned in 2017 and a new fleet of lease A350s will take over.

MH does not code share with BA. Difficult transfer too as BAs are mostly at T5 while MH is at T4. And (presumably) they dont get along well.

MH loads on the A380 has been reportedly very light hence why the A380s will be decommissioned in 2017 and a new fleet of lease A350s will take over.

MH doesn't need to code-share with BA to transfer the pax. This is where OW partnership comes in. MH just pay BA the SPA price for that EU sector. A quick search for KUL-FRA routing rules yields:

1. KUL-MH-LON-BA-FRA

2. KUL-MH-AMS-KL-FRA

So MH pax can fly KUL-LHR on MH and then transfer onto BA to FRA.

Similarly, one of BA's allowed routing for SGN-LHR is:

1. SGN-VN/MH-KUL-LON

Edited by Craig

Actually, why didn't MH transfer all their pax bound for AMS, CDG and FRA through MH2 and MH4 instead and connect on BA regional? Or are they always packed to LHR?

I'm about to find out how its like to transfer from a BA domestic flight to an MH flight soon enough, though transferring from a BA international flight to a domestic flight was bad enough.

(Long time lurker here)

MH doesn't need to code-share with BA to transfer the pax. This is where OW partnership comes in. MH just pay BA the SPA price for that EU sector.

This also applied to QF and JL?

This also applied to QF and JL?

Yes, but it depends on the fare you are purchasing. MH/CX usually require a more expensive fare to an offline city or flying a code-share/partner flight. BA/AA on the other hand is pretty generous. QF is somewhat more limited because QF doesn't fly to KUL and more importantly, they have 3K.

I'm about to find out how its like to transfer from a BA domestic flight to an MH flight soon enough, though transferring from a BA international flight to a domestic flight was bad enough.

(Long time lurker here)

Just did it a week ago, and tomorrow as well. Not that bad really, just get the ground staff to check in straight through to your final MH destination. Then, a short (relatively) bus ride from T5 to T4 airside. Just make sure they get the dates of your flights correct for your baggage tag!

3 Class A380 from 15th Jan till 8th Feb

Posted at 0730GMT 06JAN16

Emirates yesterday (05JAN16) has revised planned Airbus A380 operations between January and March 2016, which sees service changes for following routes.

Dubai – Amsterdam eff 01FEB16 EK149/150 operated by 3-class A380, replacing 777-300ER (Overall 2 daily A380 operation)
Dubai – Bangkok 15JAN16 – 08FEB16 EK370/371 operated by 2-class A380, replacing 777-300ER (Overall 5 daily A380 and 1 daily 777-300ER operation)
Dubai – Dallas/Ft. Worth eff 01FEB16 Airbus A380 service replaced by Boeing 777-300ER
Dubai – Kuala Lumpur 15JAN16 – 08FEB16 EK342/343 operated by 3-class A380, replacing 2-class aircraft

Just did it a week ago, and tomorrow as well. Not that bad really, just get the ground staff to check in straight through to your final MH destination. Then, a short (relatively) bus ride from T5 to T4 airside. Just make sure they get the dates of your flights correct for your baggage tag!

Yes, much easier that going from KLIA to klia2.

From our spy at the Emirates Tower:

Carousel C and D di KLIA now dah sambung jadi Carousel C. EK A380 yang 615-seater guna Carousel C ni. Penuh orang keliling.

Sign in to follow this