MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

2 Daily Emirates A380 to Kuala Lumpur from 1 July 2016

Why not they put mak cik jual kuih too??? :good:

Well, let me share with you an anecdote about a conversation heard in a Y-cabin of an MH flight....this was when some some stupid,d10t (I cant emphasise more the stupidity of the idea) came up with the idea of serving finger sandwiches instead of hot meals on regional MH flights....a few pax complained loudly to the crew that even "mee goreng mamak" or "kuih makcik jual tepi jalan" is much better than the finger sandwiches served.

somehow the kuih mak cik tepi jalan sounds more appetising than the fare served in those ridiculous snack boxes. the makcik tepi jalan packaging looks nicer

Official welcome by MAB for the A380 will only take place on the 12th of Jan

Flight EK346 DXB-KUL today will be operated by A6-EDJ. ETA is approx at 1440. Happy spotting to those out there waiting to catch her arrival. Hoping for good weather to last. :drinks:

Photos of the dugong taxying to Sattelite Building

a380ek1.jpg

a380ek2.jpg

Wow that's fast....BTW nice to meet u sir

Edited by jjfirdaus

Nice, the fat mamma jamma is here at KUL...

Looks like the prophecy predicted by some MW members had come true. No wonder MH is dropping DXB....too bad, really too bad for MH... :( :(

Nice one there Naim.

Thanks, making the best out of not being at the ideal position. :)

Everyone is so excited about this one!

379813_10150462962948912_670868911_8693938_1756401579_n.jpg

Emirates A380 makes its Kuala Lumpur debut (Wam)

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data%2Fbusiness%2F2012%2FJanuary%2Fbusiness_January23.xml&section=business&col

3 January 2012 DUBAI - Emirates celebrated the New Year in a ‘big’ way by becoming the first airline to operate a scheduled Airbus A380 service to Malaysia.

The airline’s flagship, operating as EK346, piloted by Malaysian national Captain Kwong Yung Ling arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) on Sunday afternoon to a traditional welcome of a water canon salute. Joining Captain Kwong on the flight deck for the first flight was First Officer Abdulaziz Alusaimi, from the UAE.

“We have been eagerly awaiting the start of our Airbus A380 service to Malaysia, a country that we have been operating flights to since 1996. I am sure that this historic milestone in both Malaysian aviation history and in the Emirates story will further strengthen ties between Malaysia and the UAE, in addition to promoting trade and tourism opportunities between the two nations,” said Richard Jewsbury, Emirates’ senior vice president, Commercial Operations, Far East & Australasia. “The start of 2012 will be a busy time for Emirates, in addition to launching our A380 aircraft on one of our three daily non-stop flights between Dubai and Kuala Lumpur, we are expanding our network to include Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro in South America from 3rd January and Dublin in Ireland from 9th January, opening up more opportunities for Malaysian travellers and businesses,” he added.

The 489 seat A380 operates as EK346 departing Dubai at 04:05hrs and arriving in Kuala Lumpur at 14:55hrs on the 
same day.

The return leg, EK347, will depart Kuala Lumpur at 19:30hrs arriving in Dubai at 22:30hrs also on the same day.

Emirates’ A380 service arrives in Dubai at a convenient time giving passengers the options of onward connections to any of Emirates’ expanding list of over 116 European, Middle Eastern, African and American destinations.

Some trivia:

KUL is the 17th destination served by EK with the A380 (KUL comes after LHR, SYD, AKL, YYZ, ICN, CDG, JED, PEK, MAN, BKK, HKG, JFK, PVG, JNB, MUC and FCO). KUL gets a bragging right here as SIN has yet to be served by EK A380s.

KUL is also the 27th airport in the world [11th in Asia and 3rd in the ASEAN region] that received the A380 on a regular scheduled basis. Really not bad for an airport which is constantly under heavy criticism of being 'a white elephant' and 'low yielding'.

EK A380 flight EK 346/347 gate in KUL:

1 Jan - Gate C27

2 Jan - Gate C27

3 Jan - Gate C27

Is gate C27 the only one that is A380 ready? I thought gate C17 and C37 are also A380 ready since 2008!

EK A380 flight EK 346/347 gate in KUL:

1 Jan - Gate C27

2 Jan - Gate C27

3 Jan - Gate

Is gate C27 the only one that is A380 ready? I thought gate C17 and C37 are also A380 ready since 2008!

Thanks for the trivia MAR,

yes, only gate C17/C27/C37 are capable to handle the A380, together with 3 remote parking bays. I was happened to be part of the team for the KLIA A380 expansion project 5 yrs back before I joined NDIA Project.

DSC05969.jpg

DSC05970.jpg

DSC05972.jpg

(the 3rd aerobridge for the upper deck)

IMG_2563.jpg

installation of the 3rd bridge

campur2012.jpg

the upper floor of the gate

Good to know that all these gates to be fully utilised.

Plus the Emirates lounge is also located on the same wing as C27.

Just booked KUL-DXB-LED for April with EK (sale now ongoing). Will be on EK346 A380 for the DXB-KUL sector on 18/04/12. Should be fun! :)

Just booked KUL-DXB-LED for April with EK (sale now ongoing). Will be on EK346 A380 for the DXB-KUL sector on 18/04/12. Should be fun! :)

Congratulations, doc!

St Petersburg will be a very interesting destination! The Emirates sale is giving some good discounts. But airfares have generally gone up for 2012, so the deals are just a slight discount on 2011 fares.

Look forward to your trip report, as usual! :)

Congratulations, doc!

St Petersburg will be a very interesting destination! The Emirates sale is giving some good discounts. But airfares have generally gone up for 2012, so the deals are just a slight discount on 2011 fares.

Look forward to your trip report, as usual! :)

Thanks, but fares to Moscow & St Petersburg have generally been high in the last few years, so I find this an excellent deal. And it's difficult to get to LED from here too. Was in Moscow twice in the 90s, but St Petersburg is a great new destination for me. Anyway the aim is to visit the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. If we have time might take the boat Tallinn/Helsinki, just to show mrs how boring Helsinki is. :)

Sign in to follow this