MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

2 Daily Emirates A380 to Kuala Lumpur from 1 July 2016

Deployment of A380 for KL-Dubai route set to boost revenue

KUALA LUMPUR: Emirates expects to chart between 25 and 30 per cent growth in revenue this year, helped by the introduction of the Airbus A380 superjumbo on the Kuala Lumpur-Dubai route.

The A380 will add 100 seats to its capacity out of Kuala Lumpur. This works out better than an added frequency (another flight), which would have increased capacity by 300 seats.

Emirates has three flights a day out of Kuala Lumpur.

Emirates country manager Kavin Martinus said growth of the first- and business-class traffic was crucial for the deployment of the A380 for the Kuala Lumpur-Dubai route.

While the Boeing B777 (the aicraft type it is currently using) carries about 400 passengers with 42 business-class seats, the A380 holds about 500 passengers with almost double the number of such seats.

"As a matter of fact, our first-and business-class passenger numbers grew double-digit last year and what's more important is the yield has also grown double-digit," Emirates country manager Martinus told Business Times recently.

Both its business- and economy- classes have seen growth in average fare.

The number of passengers travelling to Dubai has grown significantly over the years, with 15 to 20 per cent of its passengers now flying there, from just 5 per cent previously. The remaining connect to other destinations around the world.

"A combination of frequency, connectivity and network has helped us grow our business rapidly over the last two years," Martinus elaborated.

On average, Emirates adds on between six and eight new destinations to its network in a year.

The Far East and Australasia region, which is where Malaysia sits in Emirates' network, contributes about 30 per cent to its revenue.

Emirates made US$1.6 billion (RM5 billion) in profit for the financial year ended March 2011, against US$15.6 billion (RM49 billion) in revenue.

In its last financial year, the airline managed an average load factor of 80 per cent across its network, with 65 per cent load factor as its break-even point.

Source

I believe Emirates is the fastest growing airlines in the world! I don't really see it codeshares much with other airliens, other than TG.

Fly the Emirates A380 starting from MYR 2,159

Be amongst the first to fly the Emirates A380 from Kuala Lumpur to Dubai, from 1st January 2012. With its double-decker cabin, First Class Private Suites, onboard Shower Spas and Onboard Lounges, the Emirates A380 is the most luxurious aircraft in the sky.

Enjoy our special introductory fares from MYR 2,159 in Economy Class and MYR 8,779 in Business Class. Terms and Conditions apply.

More from;

http://www.emirates.com/my/English/destinations_offers/special_offers/special_fares/special_fares.aspx

We conductivity up to the door of the house - Emirates

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 13 - The airline, Emirates intends to introduce 'sent home' to its customers, who landed in Kuala Lumpur in order to maintain its status as a customer-friendly airline.

Emirates Manager Malaysia, Kavin Martinus said, it is a plan to evaluate the added services by the company to be so many options here.

He did not rule out that the fares charged Emirates compared to other companies on average a little expensive for the same route. Therefore, the implementation of the initiative is to preserve the concept of money is worth to the user.

"We will provide luxury-class vehicles for our customers to send to the location to destination," he told Utusan Malaysia here.

Service may be realized, especially after the introduction of direct flights to the Emirates this country using the Airbus A380 from Dubai starting January 1, 2012.

Clearly, it is also the first A380 model landing in Malaysia.

"Beginning that date, one of three flights between the two locations in 24 will use the A380," he explained.

In the table provided flight, the aircraft is expected to depart from Dubai at about 4 am local time and is expected to arrive in Kuala Lumpur at about 2:55 pm local time. Meanwhile, return flight from Kuala Lumpur at 7.30 pm and was expected to arrive in Dubai at 10.30 pm local time.

Martinus said again, holding management company wants to offer the A380 to Kuala Lumpur after discovering the potential of trade and tourism between the two countries is growing.

"The fare for using the A380 will not vary with the price of two other airlines using Boeing 777," he said.

He said, although the low fares airline has gained a place among consumers, it is in no way affect the Emirates for the service (low cost) is limited and must be booked in advance.

"Both are different markets, we always prefer convenience to users, but the amount of high frequencies with large sitting room will help them," he said.

In addition to Kuala Lumpur, Emirates has flights to 14 locations using the A380, including London, Auckland, Toronto, Seoul, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Sydney, Bangkok, Paris, Jeddah, Manchester, New York and Munich.

The airline's profit for the financial year 2010 to 2011 ended March 31 grew 51.9 percent to U.S. $ 1.5 billion (RM4.65 billion) over the previous year.

In fact, during the last financial year, Emirates has ordered 32 Airbus A380s and 30 Boeing 777 aircraft with a U.S. $ 13.4 billion (RM41.54 billion).

Currently, Emirates has 15 A380s and 86 Boeing 777 and placed between two operators of the largest model in the world.

Emirates also continued working with Airbus to find ways to reduce the weight he wanted to buy A380 aircraft.

The plane is divided into three classes of first class, business class and economy class and provide bathing and eating, massage and the screen for entertaining passengers.

Translate by Google.

Original arcticel source by Utusan : http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2011&dt=1114&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Korporat&pg=ko_02.htm

No wonder, I was trying to figure out what "We conductivity " means.

Any chance that they (EK) deploy the A380 for the tag on to Melbourne?

It would make more sense since this particular flight from Dubai makes two stops (one in KL, one in Melbourne), as compared to the regular DXB-KUL shuttle.

Then again, EK flights from Melbourne to KL depart around 3:40am. Maybe that's the "potong steam" factor.

There's literally NOTHING you can do in Melbourne Tullamarine once it's past 12am. Can't be doing duty free shopping for 2-3 hours. I recently flew back to KL from Melbourne and my flight was delayed for 2-3 hours. We managed to board the plane at approximately 6.00am. I had to loiter around the terminal for a good 5-6 hours. Eventually ran out of things to do and resorted to paying for wifi services (and the internet was crap!) Load was pretty good since many students were going home for the holidays. But during non-peak seasons, flight load on the 773 is about 60-70% tops.

Edited by Wilson Kook

Any chance that they (EK) deploy the A380 for the tag on to Melbourne?

It would make more sense since this particular flight from Dubai makes two stops (one in KL, one in Melbourne), as compared to the regular DXB-KUL shuttle.

Then again, EK flights from Melbourne to KL depart around 3:40am. Maybe that's the "potong steam" factor.

There's literally NOTHING you can do in Melbourne Tullamarine once it's past 12am. Can't be doing duty free shopping for 2-3 hours. I recently flew back to KL from Melbourne and my flight was delayed for 2-3 hours. We managed to board the plane at approximately 6.00am. I had to loiter around the terminal for a good 5-6 hours. Eventually ran out of things to do and resorted to paying for wifi services (and the internet was crap!) Load was pretty good since many students were going home for the holidays. But during non-peak seasons, flight load on the 773 is about 60-70% tops.

I have been flying this EK408/ 409 route back and forth twice. Yes, it is red eye flights both way. Arriving at 2 or 3am does have the benefit of more relax and speedy custom checks. Many officers will just tell you either to leave the custom area through a door or get your bags scanned and then out you go to the landslide. Catching a taxi can be a bit of challenge as not many are available, if they do, they will charge you extra for the after hours service.

Flight out from Tullamarine to KUL though, is pretty good as it arrives first thing in the morning and if you are doing business that is the start of the day. Just make sure you have had enough sleep on the 7 hours flight or other wise it is going to be a tired and long day.

It is not family friendly however, although my son had travelled on it after he turned 1 year old. My last few flights on this service was around 60-70% on the way out, we were able to get a row of seats to stretch our legs, but always nearly full on the way back to Melbourne though, with some pax staying at airport for few hours waiting for their next flight to Auckland at 7am on EK406!

Edited by S V Choong

Countdown 20 days left before the inaugural!

379523_10150609636090299_568920298_11714822_2103697243_n.jpg

EK held a lavish dinner to mark its A380 flight to KL recently. The photo was stolen from fellow member Alan Bligh who was invited to the event.

Since Azizul posted that, I have to post this. BTW I was working not a guest.

375238_10150602312655299_568920298_11691099_305166397_n.jpg

The crew who assisted me on stage, 2 are Malaysian

Edited by Alan B.

The inaugural flight will arrive from DXB at 14:55 on 1 Jan 2012. I am planning to cover this since it is a Sunday/holiday weekend. Shall we make it a Mwings outing? :)

The inaugural flight will arrive from DXB at 14:55 on 1 Jan 2012. I am planning to cover this since it is a Sunday/holiday weekend. Shall we make it a Mwings outing? :)

Flee, u dont have to make an outing. Everyone will come automatically ! :lol:

Edited by Liew Hon Kit

I flew on A6-EDT yesterday. Their overall product on their A380's is stunning - and worth every penny you pay for it. I'm a fan :)

There you go - now we know why MH had to abandon DXB. Nothing much you can do to compete if you are not flying the A380.

There you go - now we know why MH had to abandon DXB. Nothing much you can do to compete if you are not flying the A380.

Neither SQ nor CX are flying 388 to DXB yet they are still making money in DXB ;)

The EK A380 Showers

and this
of the A380 air to air makes the dugong look very elegant.

Heard the bookings for January are in the 80% + seats sold at the moment.

Edited by Alan B.

amazing stuff, I think MAS should put a mamak shop inside their dugongs ..something like Kayu nasi kandar or pelita! then u have great food and also onboard chefs!!

amazing stuff, I think MAS should put a mamak shop inside their dugongs ..something like Kayu nasi kandar or pelita! then u have great food and also onboard chefs!!

Why not they put mak cik jual kuih too??? :good:

Sign in to follow this