MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

2 Daily Emirates A380 to Kuala Lumpur from 1 July 2016

EK offers 3 daily flight KUL-DXB, 2 doing DXB-KUL-DXB & 1 doing DXB-KUL-MEL-KUL-DXB.

By seat numbers offered, EK is the biggest foreign carrier at KUL, bigger than SQ & CX.

Year-on-year, the airline has managed to grow passenger numbers by 40 per cent.

Emirates is already the second largest airline flying out of Kuala Lumpur, after national carrier Malaysia Airlines (3786).

Lets pull out the numbers based on the exhibit from our Statistic's thread. In 2009, the standing was like this:

Top10Int.jpg

So by having a 40% increase year on year, EK's number for 2010 is 576,321 passengers. Assuming all the other airlines' figures remain static, EK is bigger than SQ and CX, but their number is still lower than QZ, D7, AK and MH, making it the 5th largest airline in KUL for international segment in 2010. Therefore, I can confidently say that unless he omitted all the 3 airlines at the LCCT, the EK Malaysia Manager made a false claim that 'Emirates is already the second largest airline flying out of Kuala Lumpur, after national carrier Malaysia Airlines'. His claim is only valid if he refers to airlines operating out of KUL MTB only.

However, 40% is a huge growth. Based on past trends, I am very sure SQ and CX do not record something close to 10% for their annual passengers' growth in KUL. SQ's number should be declining as well, as more flights are transferred to MI in 2010. SQ's numbers have been steadily declining since 2007.

How many flight per week MH operate to DXB?

A pathetic 7 weekly (and NOT daily) LOL! 5 nonstop, 2 via KHI.

3 weekly KUL-DXB-BEY vv

2 weekly KUL-DXB-DMM vv

2 weekly KUL-KHI-DXB vv

The article mentioned EK needs a further 20% growth of premium class passengers ON TOP of the present growth (which is 40% for FCL and 20% for JCL) before KUL can see the A380. That is a big number to show. I don't think KUL is up for it for the time being.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

without checking the schedule, it has to be London (LHR & LGW) & some of the middle east countries like BAH, DOH, KWI.

Lets pull out the numbers based on the exhibit from our Statistic's thread. In 2009, the standing was like this:

Top10Int.jpg

So by having a 40% increase year on year, EK's number for 2010 is 576,321 passengers. Assuming all the other airlines' figures remain static, EK is bigger than SQ and CX, but their number is still lower than QZ, D7, AK and MH, making it the 5th largest airline in KUL for international segment in 2010. Therefore, I can confidently say that unless he omitted all the 3 airlines at the LCCT, the EK Malaysia Manager made a false claim that 'Emirates is already the second largest airline flying out of Kuala Lumpur, after national carrier Malaysia Airlines'. His claim is only valid if he refers to airlines operating out of KUL MTB only.

However, 40% is a huge growth. Based on past trends, I am very sure SQ and CX do not record something close to 10% for their annual passengers' growth in KUL. SQ's number should be declining as well, as more flights are transferred to MI in 2010. SQ's numbers have been steadily declining since 2007.

3 weekly KUL-DXB-BEY vv

2 weekly KUL-DXB-DMM vv

2 weekly KUL-KHI-DXB vv

The article mentioned EK needs a further 20% growth of premium class passengers ON TOP of the present growth (which is 40% for FCL and 20% for JCL) before KUL can see the A380. That is a big number to show. I don't think KUL is up for it for the time being.

FD has been left out too???

FD numbers are too low to make the list. There's an exhibit that showed FD's number in the Statistic's thread. In 2009, FD only carried 266,452 passengers in KUL, lesser than MI at no. 10 in the ranking.

3 weekly KUL-DXB-BEY vv

2 weekly KUL-DXB-DMM vv

2 weekly KUL-KHI-DXB vv

If MH couldn’t compete with EK at home base, wonder how MH could compete with EK on kangaroo route. Believe it is time to relook at MH business model again.

Looks like Emirates will be the first A380 operator into KUL this winter (effective Dec. 1, 2011). Per this Flyertalk link, EK 346/347 will be upgauged to A380. :)

This was also mentioned in Airline Route Blog.

Also, per the Airline Route post from above, EK will introduce B77W with F Class Suites on EK's DXB-KUL-MEL route beginning Oct. 30, 2011

yeah,KUL Will have 2 A380 operator :yahoo: ....But How about SIN???Did EK planning to using their A380 at SIN?? :blink:

Edited by aish

Very nice! Obviously EK is the biggest operator in KUL. I hope they can still maintain their frequencies to KUL even after upgrading certain flights to the big bird!

Hopefully they can consider KUL as a hub to expand to the regional routes. MEL is already a good start!

Wonderful news!

I was planning to return to KUL early this month with EK from JED, but ALL FLIGHTS from 26 June until 8 July 2011 do not have availability in Economy Class at all!!! Unsatisfied, I tried to split the booking into 2 separate bookings - JED-DXB and DXB-KUL - it was the DXB-KUL sector that do not have any availability in Y, forcing all tickets to be assigned as J or F. At that time I thought to myself, KUL is really due for a 4th daily flight or an upgrade to the A380. And I guess it just being reflected.

Really great news indeed!

I noticed EK will also introduce DBX - MEL - AKL on A380 by March 2012. Does it mean they will terminate the MEL - KUL leg?

I noticed EK will also introduce DBX - MEL - AKL on A380 by March 2012. Does it mean they will terminate the MEL - KUL leg?

They have two flights to MEL. One is routed via KUL, the other direct and extends on to AKL.

Edited by Raj

Wonderful news!

I was planning to return to KUL early this month with EK from JED, but ALL FLIGHTS from 26 June until 8 July 2011 do not have availability in Economy Class at all!!! Unsatisfied, I tried to split the booking into 2 separate bookings - JED-DXB and DXB-KUL - it was the DXB-KUL sector that do not have any availability in Y, forcing all tickets to be assigned as J or F. At that time I thought to myself, KUL is really due for a 4th daily flight or an upgrade to the A380. And I guess it just being reflected.

Really great news indeed!

I'm shocked that there's so much traffic between KUL and DXB and that EK have 3 daily flights and MH don't even have a daily flight??? :blink:

I'm shocked that there's so much traffic between KUL and DXB and that EK have 3 daily flights and MH don't even have a daily flight??? :blink:

Probably MH find KUL-DXB yield is too low or pax profile lack refinement to appreciate its 5 star service :pardon:

MH HAS daily flights to DXB or at least 6x per week. It's just that most of those flights are via Karachi or carry-on to other ME destinations. Check the MH website.

It's really sad. While EK is already moving towards sending the A380 to KUL...MH is still using the ancient A330, and can't even sustain a daily direct flight. <_<

Sign in to follow this