MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 7th Anniversary 30 June 2012

Prompong,

Do they offer a discount when you block-book ? Let's say 10 rooms on behalf of Malaysianwings ?

or....do you all have to book individually in order to get roof-access, as stated in the youtube-video ?

Atleast 1 room book enough, hotel guest can invite friends to access to the roof top.

Edited by Prompong J.

Do they offer a discount when you block-book ? Let's say 10 rooms on behalf of Malaysianwings ?

I was wondering too...

Perhaps we can email them to enquire. It will be good if we can get all our rooms at the top floor, near the roof! :)

We should also list the flights people are travelling on to get to BKK closer to the time. I'd be happy to guest someone in the MH lounge in KUL. :drinks:

Thanks, Josh; my schedule would be - arrival 27/28jun and departure 01jul; no flightnumbers yet... :sorry:

Thanks, Josh; my schedule would be - arrival 27/28jun and departure 01jul; no flightnumbers yet... :sorry:

I'm arriving into KUL (from SYD) on the morning of the 29th and catching MH784 to BKK. If you're going to be catching the same flight into BKK (and you don't have lounge access), I'd be happy to guest you in, Pieter.

I'm also leaving BKK on MH783 on Jul 1 to connect with my flight back to SYD. So, if you're also on the same flight out of BKK, I can guest you in once again!

Edited by Josh T

Hi guys,

Anyone flying to BKK on RJ or MS on 29 June?

Edited by Waiping

I was at Queen's Garden Resort last week and enquired about block booking.

The answer I got was not that encouraging as the receptionist quoted 1000 Baht per room per night. :nea:

Better off to book on the net for around USD20 or less.

I was chatting with a tourist from Australia checked out from the hotel, he related the same scenario to me.

He checked the internet price but didn't book at USD26 and was charged USD50 for walk-in booking. He had to pay for transport from airport to hotel too using the hotel's van. :diablo:

I am not sure if the receptionist was pulling my leg when I asked about the roof top access. She told me 300 Baht per day and chargeable even for hotel guest. :angry2:

Perhaps for those booked the room early and clarify the above with them. :glare:

Is it definite that we're all trying to stay at the Queen's garden resort?

I was at Queen's Garden Resort last week and enquired about block booking.

The answer I got was not that encouraging as the receptionist quoted 1000 Baht per room per night. :nea:

I was chatting with a tourist from Australia checked out from the hotel, he related the same scenario to me.

He checked the internet price but didn't book at USD26 and was charged USD50 for walk-in booking. He had to pay for transport from airport to hotel too using the hotel's van. :diablo:

I am not sure if the receptionist was pulling my leg when I asked about the roof top access. She told me 300 Baht per day and chargeable even for hotel guest. :angry2:

Perhaps for those booked the room early and clarify the above with them. :glare:

Thanks for doing the legwork for us Chaity! :)

So it does not look too encouraging for a block booking scenario.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/queen_s_garden_resort_at_riverview.html

If the hotel need 300THB for roof access I will go to spot from the temple nearby.

Same here. Luckily I didn't jump in as I found out later it was Rwy 19L in use that day. ::80::

I am wondering how often BKK will change the runway ? :help:

Chaity, maybe flight check on that day.

Normally BKK/VTBS use 19R for ariival (except some domestic flight and some plane that will park near 19L) & 19L for departure.

Is the Queen's Garden reosrt the most convenient hotel to stay in for our little get-together?

Is the Queen's Garden reosrt the most convenient hotel to stay in for our little get-together?

Hi Josh T, I am sure anybody can choose any hotel to stay either in town or near the airport.

Queen's Garden Resort is the "better" choice for hard core plane spotters. It will be so easy for spotter like wake up -> fresher up -> breakfast -> roof top start spotting ( all in an hours time or less :pardon: )

Comparing to staying in town, do the same chore plus taking the train & taxi to Queen's Garden, easily will take 2 hours. :bad:

Even 10 mins for hard core spotters will make a lot of difference getting a rare aircraft or not. :aggressive:

For those not planning to do serious spotting, can stay in town to some sight seeing and shopping. Later to join the group for dinner and a little chat. :pardon:

Hi Josh T, I am sure anybody can choose any hotel to stay either in town or near the airport.

Queen's Garden Resort is the "better" choice for hard core plane spotters. It will be so easy for spotter like wake up -> fresher up -> breakfast -> roof top start spotting ( all in an hours time or less :pardon: )

Comparing to staying in town, do the same chore plus taking the train & taxi to Queen's Garden, easily will take 2 hours. :bad:

Even 10 mins for hard core spotters will make a lot of difference getting a rare aircraft or not. :aggressive:

For those not planning to do serious spotting, can stay in town to some sight seeing and shopping. Later to join the group for dinner and a little chat. :pardon:

Rightio! Queen's Garden Resort it is then!

:nea:

Hi Chaity i have some questions

which site offers rose for for around USD20 or less?

what is the price for the van ride from vtbs to hotel? is there any other way to get from vtbs to hotel?

how much does the temple charge spotters?

Thank you.

www.agoda.com shows USD18 p/n incl. one transfer airport-hotel (for 29jun and 2 nights)

Have booked 2 nights for the USD19 per night option: it will give you TWO transfers (USD18 only ONE transfer airport-hotel)...very good deal, esp. converted to EUR :yahoo:

what is the price for the van ride from vtbs to hotel? is there any other way to get from vtbs to hotel?

how much does the temple charge spotters?

Thank you.

Hi Fablee, Uncle Pieter answered most of your questions.

There is no charge if you spot by the side of the temple. :friends:

Just booked mine for 3 nights. Planning to depart 2/7. My KUL - BKI sector on 4/7.

Have booked 2 nights for the USD19 per night option: it will give you TWO transfers (USD18 only ONE transfer airport-hotel)...very good deal, esp. converted to EUR :yahoo:

Is this at the Queen's Garden? Is booking through Agoda cheaper than through the hotel website?