MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 7th Anniversary 30 June 2012

Happy 7th Anniversary to MalaysianWings. How time flies. It was a great fun meeting you all in BKK and special thanks to Prompong for hosting us and the delicious Thai-Chinese food.

The weather was pretty much overcast with some heavy showers here and there during the weekend. On the first day and as Flee mentioned, some of us went out 'under the rain' to shoot the African carriers. This is what we got for Ethiopian.

EthippianRain.jpg

On the second day, the weather was almost the same and we had a lazy, relaxed spotting afternoon. Most of the time, we will just sit down and shoot as our butts were too heavy to lift up. But, when there is interesting traffic approaching, we will dash to the end of the balcony.

LazySpotyting.jpg

LazySpoting2.jpg

By the third day, the sun came out and greeted us farewell whilst we were packing for KUL. To further confirm Waiping's request, the Skyteam plane was China Airlines (B-18311). It was formerly the sweet plane.

ChinaAirlinesSkyteam330.jpg

Come afternoon as we leave for the airport, the weather started to be gloomy but it did not last long. Towards 2.30pm, the skies cleared.

380Street.jpg

AustrianBlueSkies.jpg

I will load more pictures later. Haven't quite charged my batteries. As for the next anniversary, where should we go?

Just spotted Thai Smile A320-232 HS-TXA on finals on its delivery flight...

What a waste, just three days late for us!

On Friday, 29th June, Josh T and I walked around the area. Weather was glorious. Shame it could not be sustained!

1259451.jpg

Just spotted Thai Smile A320-232 HS-TXA on finals on its delivery flight...

What a waste, just three days late for us!

Any info on arrival to BKK? Im still here. Still have the chance to catch it for Malaysianwings

So ... the carpark aunty has made a big career move to become the snake-oil saleman.

Indeed it seems like a tonne of fun in spite of the missing sun. Love the shots of Egyptair, Thai retro B744, China Airlines Skyteam A333 and RTAF B737-400!

And just reading about the roast duck, crispy pork (moo krob) and char siew (moo dang) at that restaurant is enough to send me into a salivating fest. I will be enjoying that from 5-8 July when I too will stake out the spotting locations at BKK. Hope I have better luck with the weather.

With longer haul destinations becoming a reality with LCCs, perhaps Narita/Haneda for Mwings 8th Anniversary! But perhaps a Plan B is needed : If the KLIA 2 is opened by then and the weather station reopens, perhaps the celebration should shift back to KUL weather station (and who knows what might be possible on Observation Hill too).

KC Sim

Any info on arrival to BKK? Im still here. Still have the chance to catch it for Malaysianwings

I saw it on FR24 yesterday. It has already landed - so should be parked somewhere at the airport. They will commence commercial flights on 7 July.

Group Photo (special version)

Can anyone identify your Camera ?

11DSC00175.jpg

Whichever you grab will be yours to keep. :p

More food photos. All between 40 - 45 baht. In KK this can easily cost you RM7.50 (approx. 75 baht).

IMAG0664.jpg

IMAG0676.jpg

IMAG0669.jpg

Ha ha Waiping, why all your food photos look blur ?

Either you were too hungry or the food was too delicious. :pardon:

Too tired and the hands were shaking.