MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 7th Anniversary 30 June 2012

Thanks for the pic Prompong!

Pieter, was asked to I emailed them by Agoda. I emailed the hotel last week regarding my flight details and till now , no reply from them.

Hon Kit, try to call their Singapore office during office hour to sort it out. I did that myself.

I called the KL customer service number. But the nationality of the agent is unknown to get my booking done. However , for the airport transfer they asked me to call or email the hotel. They even provide me the hotel's email.

Will email the Phoenix hotel about arrival- and departure flight-info...will see how long it takes :pardon:

Phoenix may response faster. The issue now seems like Agoda is very slow to respond.

I did my booking directly with the Phoenix. They requested my flight arrival details, so I'm assuming they'll be waiting for me when I arrive.

Due to VTBS east rwy (19L/01R) maintenance, only the small a/c can dep from there. That mean all a/c will arr to west rwy (19R/01L) with most of dep will be here, you all can catch all arrival all day and if you need a dep shot that possible in the afternoon.

2012west-rwy-slosure.jpg

for more detail : http://www.aerothai.co.th/runway/

Edited by Prompong J.

Thanks, Prompong,

KL0875 landed at 19R and my LH0772 also took-off from 19R (with a slot, due to 'single runway use' according the captain); so, we should be fine @ Phoenix Hotel for landing shots... :yahoo:

Only saw a few ATR's take-off from 19L...

So, who will be there all-in-all ? Sneeze too ?

Seems like need around 300mm if shot from hotel?

Will email the Phoenix hotel about arrival- and departure flight-info...will see how long it takes :pardon:

Pieter, if you don't fill in the special request part when booking with Agoda about free return airport transfer, you still can inform the hotel reception:

The Phoenix Bangkok address

88 Ladkrabang Soi 7, Ladkrabang Road, Ladkrabang, Bangkok 10520

Tel. +66 2 737 1446

Fax: +66 2 737 1477

E-mail : reservation@phoenixhotelbangkok.com

Most of these hotels are short of English-speaking staff so they may not reply to your e-mail but you can use their shuttle van when you arrive. My experience last February is:

- Go to gate 4 of the Arrival Terminal where all pick-ups are done there.

- If you don't see any people with the hotel's name board, just ask the pick-up agents there, they know all the shuttle services.

- Most of the time you have to exit the terminal at gate 4 and go straight about 30m to the sidewalk where vans stop and look for the van with your hotel name, Shuttle services arrive every hour, so expect to find your van around 10 min. past the hour.

- When you find the right van, show your booking form to the driver and that's it.

Since we'll be arriving late on 29jun (ex LH0773), where and at what time on 30jun will we meet ?

Reception area, breakfast room, roof ?

I will be checking in after lunch on 29th, so won't mind meeting up with people who are already in the hotel to do some preliminary spotting on Fri afternoon.

As for 30th, I guess we should set a time and an assembly point so that we do not have to wait for people all over the place. Those who miss the rendezvous will have to go to the spotting location themselves.

As for 30th, I guess we should set a time and an assembly point so that we do not have to wait for people all over the place. Those who miss the rendezvous will have to go to the spotting location themselves.

Exactly my point, Francis...any suggestions welcome; where to ask for roof-entry/allowance ? Reception or manager ?

I will be checking in after lunch on 29th, so won't mind meeting up with people who are already in the hotel to do some preliminary spotting on Fri afternoon.

I'll be checking in before lunch time (hopefully). We can meet up after you arrive somewhere in the hotel.

Sunrise in BKK is around 6 am. Those who want to make the most of their time may want to wake up a little earlier.....

Sunrise in BKK is around 6 am. Those who want to make the most of their time may want to wake up a little earlier.....

Yes, I think we should have breakfast as soon as the hotel opens its coffeehouse and then head out for spotting once we are done with breakfast. :)

I'll be on my way to BKK soon! See you guys there.

Anyone at the hotel arleady ?

How's spotting from there ?

Any issues with the transfer to the hotel ?

See you tomorrow, guys !!!

I'm almost there, guys! Really excited to meet you all for the first time. I'm in KLIA now. Couldn't use the newly refurbished Golden Lounge at the Satellite terminal because they were preparing it for a function - the arrival of the A380! I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of it on my way out of here.

Well I can't visit anjung tinjau either.

Anyone at the hotel arleady ?

How's spotting from there ?

Any issues with the transfer to the hotel ?

See you tomorrow, guys !!!

I'm at the hotel now. No issues with transfer. Just go to Exit door 4 and look for a little sign (amongst lots of signs) for the Phoenix Hotel. Someone there will arrange for the minibus to pick you up.