MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 7th Anniversary 30 June 2012

In 2010 we celebrated in SIN...

This year it was KUL (and SZB)...

Proposed location for next year's anniversary, by quite a few members, is BKK: what is your opinion about this ?

Agree that BKK should be the venue for 2012.

Traffic is different and it would be nice to meet some of the Thai spotters too.

I will reccommend a hotel that you can spot from the early morning : Queens Garden Resort Hotel located around 3 miles from a/p

http://www.queensgardenresort.net/index.html

room 415 bldg 1 is the best for all.

The hotel roof top (19R arr. morning) can access for hotel guest + guest's friend

(Thanks for Raymond for a model in my pic. :clapping: )

181679_10150091647786242_719221241_6446205_558902_n.jpg

Canal side (19R arr. afternoon) model by Thailand Spotters' member

206817_10150160227606242_719221241_6940227_3649240_n.jpg

Thanks a lot, Prompong !!! :good:

Really looking forward to the BKK-anniversary session: my last time spotting in BKK was 6 years ago @ Don Muang... :pardon:

Traffic looks so interesting and is quite different to KUL (and in my case, AMS)...

Besides great spotting from the rooftop of Queens Garden Resort, there is good food nearby.

The Phad See Yew midway through the Lat Krabang Soi 7 is absolutely wonderful - as Vernon Loh could vouch for ... and outside at the main road is where some of the best rice and noodle dishes could be had. The crispy pork here is truly one of the best in the Kingdom of Thailand .... hahaha Prompong could surely remember the huge portion we shared a little more than a week ago.

I am afraid it might be a bit of a challenge to get halal catering in Thailand ... maybe Prompong could help to see if there is any around this area. This would be useful for our Muslim Mwingers as they consider coming to BKK for Mwings' 7th Anniversary.

KC Sim

What is the tentative date? At least I can start planning...

BKK first choice for me too .... with HAN or SGN a close second.

KC Sim

What is the tentative date? At least I can start planning...

Should be June 30?

Should be June 30?

Thanks. I hope I can make it next year. It'll be nice to spend a long weekend in BKK and meet all you guys! :drinks:

BKK

1. Hon Kit

2. flee

3. Pieter C.

BKK

1. Hon Kit

2. flee

3. Pieter C.

4. KC Sim

BKK

1. Hon Kit

2. flee

3. Pieter C.

4. KC Sim

5. Keith Ng

Edited by Keith Ng

BKK

1. Hon Kit

2. flee

3. Pieter C.

4. KC Sim

5. Keith Ng

6. Vu Loc

7. WaiPing

Just to discuss a little about the dates.

If Saturday on 30 June 2012 is the date, how keen are those going to Bangkok to consider the following:

29 June - arrive in Bangkok and stay at the Queens Garden Resort

30 June - photograph from rooftop of Queens Garden Resort from 0630hrs till around 1200hrs, adjourn for lunch and then proceed to afternoon spotting

01 July - photograph from rooftop of Queens Garden Resort from 0630hrs till around 1200hrs, adjourn for lunch and then proceed to afternoon spotting. Depart BKK in the evening. Home Sweet Home.

That will give at least two full days of spotting. If one has booking on 29 June at Queens Garden Resort and arrives early in the morning, you could actually proceed to the hotel to check-in and proceed to rooftop for spotting until midday when your room becomes available. That way, you gain a full day's spotting on 29 June (Friday).

KC Sim

Looks very appetiting, KC !!!

Do we have to book the rooms individualy, or can Prompong, maybe, book the rooms as a group (and maybe get a discount ?) ?? :huh:

I'm not sure going or not, but I still vote for...

BKK

1. Hon Kit

2. flee

3. Pieter C.

4. KC Sim

5. Keith Ng

6. Vu Loc

7. WaiPing

8. Simon

9. Fitri Shukri

BKK

1. Hon Kit

2. flee

3. Pieter C.

4. KC Sim

5. Keith Ng

6. Vu Loc

7. WaiPing

8. Simon

9. Fitri Shukri

10. Josh T

Just to discuss a little about the dates.

If Saturday on 30 June 2012 is the date, how keen are those going to Bangkok to consider the following:

29 June - arrive in Bangkok and stay at the Queens Garden Resort

30 June - photograph from rooftop of Queens Garden Resort from 0630hrs till around 1200hrs, adjourn for lunch and then proceed to afternoon spotting

01 July - photograph from rooftop of Queens Garden Resort from 0630hrs till around 1200hrs, adjourn for lunch and then proceed to afternoon spotting. Depart BKK in the evening. Home Sweet Home.

That will give at least two full days of spotting. If one has booking on 29 June at Queens Garden Resort and arrives early in the morning, you could actually proceed to the hotel to check-in and proceed to rooftop for spotting until midday when your room becomes available. That way, you gain a full day's spotting on 29 June (Friday).

KC Sim

Sounds good! Will plan to arrive on the morning of 29 June (Fri) and leave on 1 July (Sun). I can take advantage of the promotion from the MATTA fair sale on MH. :good:

Edited by Josh T

Just got myself a bargain for flights between KUL and BKK with the MATTA fair sale! :yahoo:

Now I just have to wait for a good special/fare between SYD and KUL. :p

Josh,

Great to see you were able to book your BKK flights; if no sales available between SYD and KUL, you might wanna use your miles ? :p :huh:

Anyhow, it would be great to meet you !!! ;)