MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

an odd Singapore Airlines feature

Maybe , just maybe , I'm being over sensitive about this. But here's the story, reminding me to check in online ahead of my flight on Wednesday.

So sure, I head on over to the Singapore Airlines website , and.....

65828684.png

bang! It's in Korean. No problem, I can remember where to login to my KrisFlyer account and surely, it will know, that my language preference is English right? I mean if it could figure out I'm in Korea, wouldn't it be smarter than that once I log in ?

But never mind that, I'll just change the language. Where the hell is that?

Whoops, its in Korean.

P.S : Haven't the ability to resize this , nor edit this. so excuse the other tabs and the capture size.

Same problem here too! Although not as drastic as Korean, mine simply appears in French, and I have to spend all that time changing it to Anglais!

You would have imagined that an airline like SIA would thoroughly test its new website before making it go live ... but obviously not. Someone was probably too anxious to show-off a half-baked cake that fell flat.

Thankfully, it still remembers my location and language preference ... perhaps the SIA folks were confused by your very Korean-sounding name :yahoo: :yahoo:

KC Sim

It's just that idiotic new SQ site. It seems to have a brain of its own and will do whatever it wants by itself. I once tried to buy a KUL-SIN ticket online, with M'sia as the local page, using the new site and it was priced in Vietnamese dong!

II once tried to buy a KUL-SIN ticket online, with M'sia as the local page, using the new site and it was priced in Vietnamese dong!

This could really work in your favor if they charge you $500 Vietnamese Dong instead of $500 MYR. Do tell if you find these mistakes! ;)

The old one was great , why fix it :(

Some kiasu SQ person went green with envy upon seeing MH's wonderful, superduper spanking new website and deemed "we want one of those too" :p

The problem with SQ's new website has been unresolved for more than a month now. It was discussed in this epic thread, which I participated as well. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11323

I think the website will automatically set the location based on your IP address or something. In my end, it is always reverted back to Saudi Arabia with Jeddah as the default point of origin whenever I log in despite changing it back to Malaysia and ticked on 'Remember my settings' each time. Thank god Arabic is not one of the languages that the website is fluent with.

But I do not face any chronic problem with the website like some other SQ Talkers. I purchased a ticket online, select seat and meal online, made redemption online, cancelled redemption online, cancelled purchased ticket online, transferred credit card points to KrisFlyer miles online - all of which went on rather smoothly.

Wow; That's mean you will encounter the same problem every time you want to log in? That's hard.

Hopefully SQ will solve the problem soon.

The old one was great , why fix it :(

Must be the KPI thingy, where people must be seen to do something.

Edited by Radzi

How does the KPI thingy apply to airline pilots?

The fleet managers (etc. Chief Pilot, SVP blah blah blah...) increase their KPI by cutting pilot's salary increment, uniform quality, make them take pay cut. And the list goes on......

The fleet managers (etc. Chief Pilot, SVP blah blah blah...) increase their KPI by cutting pilot's salary increment, uniform quality, make them take pay cut. And the list goes on......

Yeah, good circle of how things work... What about the non-management pilots then? How does KPI apply to a pilot? Flying more fuel efficient increases KPI?

A letter from the chief; Guess he sent to every KF members.

14 July 2011

On behalf of Singapore Airlines, I would like to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused as a result of issues that arose from the launch of our new website on 22 May 2011.

As with all new initiatives that we undertake, the intention behind the website revamp was to improve on our customers’ experience with us. I am truly sorry that the new website, with its technical problems, has instead caused much aggravation for many of our customers. We make no excuses for our failure to deliver an acceptable level of online service.

We have committed full resources to resolving the website problems and have made significant progress in rectifying many of the defects. We will continue to relentlessly pursue all other outstanding issues. An in-depth investigation as to how the issues that arose went undetected is well underway, and we are treating this with utmost importance.

At Singapore Airlines, we strive to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. I am well aware that there is a wide range of travel options to choose from, and thus, am grateful that many of you have continued to support us. We do not take this for granted.

Thank you for your continued patience during this period. I know that you have high expectations of us, and we failed to meet those expectations. On behalf of the Company, I offer our unreserved apology, and pledge to win back your confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Goh Choon Phong

Chief Executive Officer

Singapore Airlines

Well-worded letter with strong emphasis on the mistakes that have taken place. I am certain that the heat is now on the people behind this project to quickly find solutions to the problems - if this had not already been done.

KC Sim

I must rant:

Tried to book tickets ZRH-KUL for my family last night. Had a couple of "technical errors" and had to restart all the time. One time, I managed to get past the payment page but then that error screen appears again, and I can see that my booking was still not made, so kept trying for 2 hours, then I gave up and went to bed.

This morning I tried again and managed to get through the payment page, but then a different error screen came up saying that the "ticket has not been issued due to a technical error.... but we have taken payment from the credit card which will take a few days to reverse".

What?? So I called my credit card company and apparently they have taken 1 payment (about Fr.5100!!) last night, and the same amount was blocked again this morning, but payment not taken yet. So my limit of Fr.12000 is blown and I still cannot make a booking!! :angry: :angry:

Right... now I have to call them and pay the ridiculous charge of Fr.0.50 per minute because they use a premium phone line!! :angry: :angry:

Edited by Azman MN

I think it has always been like that, 1 cabin baggage plus one personal item, could be laptop bag, handbag etc etc

ok nitpicking again ,

Baggage allowance per customer

ECONOMY

Checked baggage 20 kg

Cabin baggage Una pieza, 7 kg

What does Una pieza mean?