MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
BC Tam

Air Asia Cancellation/Refund Policy

Pardon the ignorance in advance :pardon:

What is the chance of seeking a refund on a confirmed booking with Air Asia should I wish to cancel the itinerary ?

I understand fees are applicable

Thanks in advance :)

Call me lucky but i got a full refund for my ticket last year. And no, it wasn't Air Asia's fault at all. A friend bailed on us on the last minute and everyone had to cancel. I was the one who went to the office at LCCT KK to request for the refund as i was the lead passenger. The first time i went there, i was told that i can only request for a refund when both the flights (outbound & inboud) had already depart, much to my dismay because this means i have to go back there for a second time. Anyway, i went to their office again two weeks later. I was told the refund process will take approximately 30 working days and it can either be refunded to the credit card i charged the tickets to or directly to my bank account (any bank). I was also told that i'll only get back about 1/3 of the money i had paid after deducting all the administrative fees. Well, no biggie. At least i still get to recover some of my money.

So, two months had passed and there was still no sign of the refund. I went to the office again. Didn't scold them, didn't show them a sour face either. Told them it's been more that 30 working days and i still haven't got my refund. Guess she can sensed the disappointment. The girl seemed genuinely apologetic. She promised she'll do a follow up and voilà. The money showed up in my bank account transaction history about a week later and it was a full refund :drinks: The refund was done through IBG and money came from Citibank, by the way :)

I've a friend who couldn't make the trip to Christchurch this coming August trip. I don't really care to cancel and ask for refund, instead, hoping the name could be changed for someone else. Bought it in a promo fare and I understand only regular fare can get the name changed :(

Promo fare is not refundable or changeable.

:drinks:

I actually got a refund from AK about 3 years back but that was due to medical reason with a doctor's letter stating that passenger isn't fit to fly.

Sign in to follow this