MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

MH confirms it will stop KUL-SBW flights

I believe TWU will also be all FY by 4 December 2011.

May I know where you get this piece of information? 4th December? Meaning 3 days after KUL-LGK seasonal services then...

I don't like the idea of axing more domestic routes, it's a national airline.

What's the point if people flying domestic routes wants bargain basement prices? Which is why hiving off the routes to FY makes sense.

What's the point if people flying domestic routes wants bargain basement prices? Which is why hiving off the routes to FY makes sense.

There are still people who prefer other product/services. Weekly or few times weekly would still make sense. Why not build more shopping malls and destroy all old architecture when most people favour shopping nowadays?

who cares.. now airasia increase the freq to 4 daily :clapping:

Yup; starting next month it's 4 daily flights for KUL-SBW (for AK),and FY adding 3rd daily flight as well.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

not sure if FY is adding the 3rd one cause there's only 2 available for booking on the website. i guess they changed their plans to increase d frequency

True , its already mentioned on the local paper that the 3rd flight won't be added for the moment. The reason cited was lack of aircraft, dunno if there is any validity in it...

What a disappointment for FY <_ but glad to hear that ak is now operating kul-sbw-kul daily src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:">

Yeah, they were quite subtle on it too. Actually it was a tour agent who informed on the newspaper.

FY never said a word. Hopefully MAS reconsiders its decision, or maybe fly via KCH.

Still, great to hear the addition in frequency to KUL.

With 8 B738 currently in service (minus the 2 B734s stationed in JHB),maybe they were unable to add up another daily flight (thus AK stepped in).

Just checked the flights between SBW and KUL in July/ August this year. We have both good news and bad news here in SBW.

MAS seems to reinstate the second SBW-KUL daily flight this summer, which they stopped a few years ago when FY took over for a short time. Flight will be operated by B738 and will arrive at SBW at night and leave the next morning before 7am. SBW is currently the only airport in Sarawak with only one MH daily flight to KUL (BTU has 2 daily, whilst MYY has 5-6 daily).

However, I cannot find any OD flight between SBW and KUL in July and August. I have a bad feeling that this route will become the latest one to be scrapped by OD. Any news?

Just checked the flights between SBW and KUL in July/ August this year. We have both good news and bad news here in SBW.

MAS seems to reinstate the second SBW-KUL daily flight this summer, which they stopped a few years ago when FY took over for a short time. Flight will be operated by B738 and will arrive at SBW at night and leave the next morning before 7am. SBW is currently the only airport in Sarawak with only one MH daily flight to KUL (BTU has 2 daily, whilst MYY has 5-6 daily).

However, I cannot find any OD flight between SBW and KUL in July and August. I have a bad feeling that this route will become the latest one to be scrapped by OD. Any news?

Highly likely they are scrapping it if you cannot find anything from Mon to Sun...just as in MYY case...reflected in the booking engines first before being confirmed...