MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Denny Yen

ANA Unveils Special 787 Livery, Interior, Handing Over Ceremony

Indeed...they look the same! I think MEA also installed those "slide down seats" on their 330...CX have similar seats on their long haul but was proven to be unpopular with their Y passengers...

double armrest in the middle, no more sleeping across 4 seats when the plane is empty.

They should also have electronic control for all seats so that you cannot recline during take off and landing.

I second this! Not just for take-off or landing but during meal service too. Some people are either stubborn/selfish or just stupid :angry:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, this 787 (and CX new business class) has an indicator around the seat shoulder to notify FA if the seats are upright, especially during landing/takeoff.

Boeing confirms 787 September delivery on track

WASHINGTON: Boeing reaffirmed on Wednesday that a September delivery of its all-new 787 Dreamliner to Japanese launch customer ANA is on track as testing of the new jet approaches the final stage.

The 787 Dreamliner completed all flight tests required for certification of the plane using Rolls-Royce engines last weekend, the company said on Wednesday in a statement.

The US aerospace giant said that flight testing was continuing for 787s with General Electric engines and "for Boeing test points not related to certification."

"We are close to starting the final phases of flight tests," Boeing spokeswoman Lori Gunter told AFP.

Asked if Boeing is on schedule for the first 787 delivery to All Nippon Airways in September, she said: "We are. Absolutely."

In late July, Jim McNerney, Boeing chairman, president and chief executive, said that certification of the 787 by the US Federal Aviation Administration was expected before the end of August.

The 787, which the company says will deliver 20 percent fuel savings, is three years behind the initial schedule due to snags in the production line.

On Tuesday ANA, which has 55 Dreamliners on order, launched a Facebook photo contest, dubbed "I (heart) 787."

Participants are asked to submit a picture "showcasing your smile" and the number 787, the airline said on its website.

The winner will win two tickets for a Tokyo "sightseeing flight" on the 787 in October.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world_business/view/1147597/1/.html

I can hardly believe that it has been more than four years since I witnessed the premiere of the B787 Dreamliner ... but finally (and worth the wait), the first Dreamliner has been handed over to launch customer ANA. And what a beautiful special livery on JA802A!

At the premiere and again at the handing over ceremony, Boeing officials have always paid tribute to its workers who design, built, tested and now deliver the Dreamliner ... having personally sensed the immense pride among the Boeing workers on 7 July, 2007 (7-8-7), I can now imagine the same and perhaps greater pride of delivering the aircraft.

At the premiere, I remember how Boeing workers would approach a total stranger like me to express how proud they are of the aircraft and one group asked me to photograph them (because one of them who was supposed to bring a camera forgot to do so).

Congratulations to Boeing and all its workers and partners ... and to the customer airlines (that had the great foresight to order the Dreamliner) for reaching this milestone. Now it remains for us to each find our way onto the Dreamliner!

KC Sim

Yup; according to it,its ETA will be 08:48 AM JST (around 07:48 AM in Malaysia & Singapore).

Now ANA has took the delivery of their 1st Dreamliner (JA801A); any idea when the 2nd Dreamliner to be delivered;and which airline will be next?

"We Fly 1st. 787" Taxiing with Tokyo Bay and Tokyo Disney Sea in the background, now she is really in Japan. Welcome to your new home, our Boeing 787 Dreamliner is finally here. [Nikon D700, SIGMA 120-400mm F4.5-5.6]

1988843.jpg

Clcik here for larger photo

Tokyo Disney Sea in the background

That's right, you can see the silhouette of the "volcano" for the "Journey to center of the earth" ride (which starts inside the volcano and ends up shooting out of the volcano's top and downwards).

And the 2 high rise blocks look like Makuhari messe office towers, whereby its base is the expo ground for the annual Tokyo Motor show.

In another photo, you can see downtown skyscrapers in background with Sky Tree in the center.

Edited by Denny Yen

All Nippon Airways has admitted that its first Boeing 787 suffered some slight surface damage to its engine inlet cowl after it hit a passenger boarding bridge.

The incident took place while ground crew were towing the aircraft, JA801A, on 13 October, said the spokesman.

He added that the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000-powered aircraft suffered only surface damage, and that it resumed regular flight tests on 14 October after the company did some checks.

"Everything was fine. There was only some surface damage, and the aircraft was back in operation on schedule," said the spokesman.

The inaugural flight for the 787 is on track for 26 October. This will be a special charter service between Tokyo's Narita airport and Hong Kong.

Regular scheduled services start on 1 November, with daily flights between Tokyo's Haneda airport and the cities of Okayama and Hiroshima. International operations are due to begin in December on the Haneda-Beijing route.

The spokesman also said that ANA has received its second 787, which was delivered to the Japanese carrier on 16 October.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ana-knocks-first-787-into-boarding-bridge-363604/

wow, what happened to ANA? First the air turbulence thing...and now this... Not a really good start..

A case of the plane being too new and they were too careful. :p

No excuse really as Boeing and ANA undertook a period of operational proving flights around Japan before the delivery started. If it is a new aircraft, there are more reasons to exercise greater care - given that wing-walkers are a standard feature at Japanese airports.

Let's hope that once the charter flight to Hong Kong takes off and domestic services commence, ANA will be able to safely operate this beautiful aircraft.

KC Sim

Quite surprising that this should happen. I note that at Haneda airport (I presume this accident happened there), the markings on the tarmac are very clear. There are places for aircraft, vehicles and equipment as well as roadways marked out for service vehicles like buses and catering trucks. For the B787 to have crashed into the stairs would mean two things:

1 The stairs would be placed where it should not be

2 The aircraft was towed to a part of the tarmac where it should not be

It would be interesting to see what the accident report says, if it is made public.