MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
YOD1

MH in Skytrax's World Airline Awards 2011... Not!

MH managed to get 3rd on Best Staff Service-Asia,and runner-up on Best Cabin Staff,beaten by OZ.

And D7 is behind AK,as the 2nd best Low Cost Airline-Asia!

THAI named Top 5 Airline Worldwide and Wins Skytrax Best Airline Economy Class Onboard Catering and Best Airline Economy Class Seat

news_5508_1308898564_96.jpg

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) was honoured at the 2011 Skytrax World Airline Awards in two categories, winning the title of Best Airline Economy Class Onboard Catering and also picking up the title for Best Airline Economy Class seat. THAI also placed 5th worldwide in the 2011 World’s Best Airlines category, moving up from 9th place in last year.

Mr. Piyasvasti Amranand, THAI President, said, “THAI is honored to receive the top awards in these two categories and having moved up to 5th place in the World’s Best Airlines category.” THAI has been implementing ongoing retrofitting projects of a number of aircraft to create higher customer satisfaction and to improve THAI’s overall competitiveness.

"In addition to collecting these category Awards, it was pleasing to see Thai Airways moving up the global rankings, into 5th place worldwide for 2011, improved from 9th place last year. With these awards directly reflecting customer opinions, it is a clear sign that Thai Airways is now delivering a better overall product and service quality to their passengers," said Edward Plaisted, CEO of Skytrax."

Over 18.8 million airline passengers from 100 different nationalities voted in the World Airline Awards. A total of 200 airlines were featured and awards reflected customer satisfaction levels across 38 different items of airline front-line product and service.

In photo: (Left) Mr. Edward Plaisted, CEO of Skytrax, (Right) Mr. Jesada Chandrema, THAI General Manager, France & Benelux.

source : http://www.prthaiairways.com/thaiair_4p/front/news_detail.php?dng=1208&lg=en

Edited by Prompong J.

I think MH will be in the top 5 when they get all A380,A330&738.... :pardon:

Edited by aish

The voting period for World Travel Award has just opened. http://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote

Malaysia Airline is nominated for five categories:

• Asia's Leading Airline
  • Asia's Leading Airline for Economy Class
  • Asia's Leading Airline for Business Class
  • Asia's Leading Airline for First Class
  • Asia's Leading Airline Lounge: Golden Lounge, KLIA.

Cast your vote guys! Voting period is opened until 31st Aug 2011.

Edited by JuliusWong

I believe Turkish Airlines can be rise up at least 2 or 3 steps but I'm not sure beyond.It is very nice to see THY in top 10 and taken a few award. They said that themselves "we are 4.5star airlines but we are working hardly to get 5 stars". I'm sure they get but it won't be easy.

MAS should not bother with Skytrax at all. I will never choose an airline based on this crap.

All it needs to do now is focus on how to successfully integrate into the oneworld alliance (and not repeat what Air India is doing with its Star Alliance membership plans ... which by the way is dangerously close to lapsing).

And I certainly hope that MAS also looks at its long-haul fleet plans ... the A380s and the A330s alone don't represent all their longhaul fleet needs. What about the replacement for the B777s?

And most importantly, I hope MAS comes out with a long-term marketing and advertising strategy that is sound, sustained and credible. I remember how it used to spend insane amount of money advertising all those "space-ports" and it was the first airline to advertise A380 services long before even SIA did.

It is all about marketing new products in a timely fashion (not way ahead of time) and in a manner that is believable and achievable.

One burning question I meant to ask from another thread ... I get the impression that many cabin attendants wear wig ... Why? Is there an expectation that they should have long wavy hair a-la-1960s Siu Fong Fong advertisments for Lux soap?

KC Sim

how reliable is this survey?

i somehow feel that this sort of surveys can be bought!

A great many 'awards' can be bought. I'd say close to 80% of them, thanks to irresponsible 'survey' companies which thrive more on award marketing revenue, rather than quality of the award itself. Looking back to the past few years, id say Skytrax is not or marginally less guilty of this, IMHO. At least, they dish out bad ratings as well as good ones. The trick is to see which companies that regularly dish out ambiguous awards, based on little justification (or internet based research) and no reasoning to why 'A' wins and not 'B' or 'C' etc. Article below provides more info.

MAS should not bother with Skytrax at all. I will never choose an airline based on this crap.

Sokong. Shawshank Nigam also agrees with you, with this interesting article.

http://simpliflying.com/2011/why-skytrax-is-dead-plus-7-insights-into-the-future-of-airline-brand-ratings/

MH's management and the PR/advertising people have definitely taken the very opposite stance, milking those awards for all their worth :D