MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

My goodness waking up to this kind of news.....I wonder what the board room folks in MH thinks ?.........before they even think about this, pls clean n clear up your own backyard mess.....

Those incompetent morons! If SkyTeam wanted MH they would have invited us even before they invited VN & GA. It's clear that SkyTeam don't want MH. So they should stop burning the bridge to OW and end up without an alliance!

Is this a strategy of TF to cripple MH to shut it down so that he can conquer the industry?

As if MH will be welcome with open arms at ST. Wonder MH have pay the joining fees to OW and QF will put more effort promoting MH in OW?

:pardon: :sorry:

Edited by KK Lee

MH's has had already enough of very negative perception and rumours about the financial report, and the recent unstable or indecisive joint venture with AK, OW - QF, etc. And now they are making this piece of shitty news? It makes MH even more unreliable. I'm afraid to say MH would be the least chosen airlines or company to be partnered with.

WOW!! Another shocking news! I wonder how does MH operates everyday?? Churning out one shocking news after another~~~

Are all the people in MH Board high on drugs?!!! Yea right, as if SkyTeam is desperate?? SkyTeam has GA and VN already, I highly doubt SkyTeam will take in another one. QF won't be too pleased since they are the one sponsoring MH's entry to OW.

Edited by JuliusWong

I think that the new management is merely reviewing the current situation MH is in and no decisions have been taken as yet. It would be irresponsible of the new management if it swept everything under the carpet and assumed that MH is a new startup.

I think we should cut MH some slack - I am sure they will make the necessary announcements as and when decisions are made. The first announcement will probably be that of their new CEO.

They don't even exploit the current benefits and potentiality of penetration into the market, just simply making some gibberish and irresponsible statement. This piece of news is really a big shame!

I won't point my finger at TF. Looking at the news, there was no mention about Tony on making the decision. It was made by MAS executive director Mohammed Rashdan Yusof and chief financial officer Mohd Azha Abdul Jalil...

I won't point my finger at TF. Looking at the news, there was no mention about Tony on making the decision. It was made by MAS executive director Mohammed Rashdan Yusof and chief financial officer Mohd Azha Abdul Jalil...

But he is in the board of directors. He knows the pros and cons of the decisions made. If he's sincere in wanting to develop the Malaysian aviation industry he'll say something about this (and he does have a say). If he only thinks about AirAsia's future dominance then he'll do nothing.

So indirectly, he's also responsible for the decision.

But flee's right, we should cut MH some slack and wait until they come back with an announcement on this issue.

The new management should be made accountable for their decisions. The problem in Malaysia is that you can screw up everything and still heavily rewarded, then leave scot free..

Personally I see that the new management is already showing their stupidity and incompetency.

I think we should cut MH some slack - I am sure they will make the necessary announcements as and when decisions are made .....

I read

According to analysts, MAS management indicated during the analysts conference call on the airline's second quarter results that a review of its oneworld alliance was on the cards, .....

I would find it irresponsible, even mischivious, if what was "indicated" during the analysts conference call is not what decisions that had already been made :D

I read

The conference call was hosted by MAS executive director Mohammed Rashdan Yusof and chief financial officer Mohd Azha Abdul Jalil.

Nope, the two chaps were quoted as hosting the event only

Nothing there to say 'they' made those decisions alone

T/S TF is a member of the interim executive committee, so must also be held jointly responsible too for all executive decisions made nowadays :)

Once again, our aviation industry is causing "havoc". There has to be a catch to MH joining OW, perhaps that is not something the new board is particularly happy about. But let's give MH a chance again and hopefully the new board surprises us with constructive decisions that will enable MH to compete with the big guys and not be spoon fed, yet again.

I wonder if the MH staff would think the way this writer has voiced out about QF's sustainability as a national pride (at the expense of the jobs) Good read.

"QANTAS needs to reinvent itself"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/qantas-must-reinvent-itself-now/story-e6frfhqf-1226122452263

“Management is doing this aggressively and has cancelled as many as 385 domestic flights in August and plans to cancel 63 more, realising a projected savings of RM9.8mil and available seat km reduction of 7% and 10% for Asean and domestic respectively. All non-profitable short routes will be terminated,” it said.

cancelled 385 domestic flights? It's the AirAsia that was.

You know what....those sitting in the board room should just take a token salary of MYR 1 until Mh goes back into Black.......or those in the board room should just resign enbloc....

You know what....those sitting in the board room should just take a token salary of MYR 1 until Mh goes back into Black.......or those in the board room should just resign enbloc....

Better yet, those sitting in the boardroom should just commit suicide and DIE! ...Just when i thought things are getting better, and now THIS? skyteam? aiyoo....TF is really smart of killing MAS from the inside. hooray!

Better yet, those sitting in the boardroom should just commit suicide and DIE! ...Just when i thought things are getting better, and now THIS? skyteam? aiyoo....TF is really smart of killing MAS from the inside. hooray!

yup! when we thought thins are getting better at MAS then,suddenly all these bad things happened. During MAS announced that they will join OneWorld, what was TF's reaction on that time? You guys opinion?

Landslide blunders!

I thought when MH announced its intended election into oneworld on 1 June 2011, that was the best news from the airline in decades.

Why on earth are they still considering Skyteam? If Skyteam wants MH, it has been given full membership in 2006 - 5 years ago! But they don't, instead they kept MH in the dark throughout the period and elected in VN and GA instead. We have discussed this to death.

This current oneworld invitation is the second one for MH, but it looks like MH is going to spoil it all again just like it did with the first invitation in the year 2000. MH does not learn from its own past history. I think if MH messes this one up, there will be no alliance for MH ever again.

I think if MH messes this one up, there will be no alliance for MH ever again.

A long shot guess, but could it be they are aiming for a sort of 'pan-Air Asia' alliance network instead ?

Probably a myopic view, but don't put it beyond MH after all we've witnessed over the years :)

From CAPA

Still expecting MAS to join oneworld as Fernandes reviews options

On local reports from the previous day that oneworld member elect Malaysian Airlines (MAS) was re-considering its alliance membership after a management restructure following an equity swap with Tony Fernandes’s AirAsia, Mr Joyce disclosed Mr Fernandes, who gained a seat on the MAS board as part of the equity transaction, was heading the alliance review. A local report also suggested MAS would see Qantas’ forthcoming premium carrier, if based in Kuala Lumpur, as a direct competitor.

“We’re in dialogue with Tony Fernandes and the Malaysian [Airlines] team and we’re still working through those issues with them. The feedback we’ve gotten is very positive from Tony. I think he’s been given the responsibility of reviewing the oneworld membership. His view is he’d like to continue and try to do something with Qantas and British Airways and Jetstar,” Mr Joyce said.

“Rightly so with the new management structure and new management team, Tony is saying he wants to make sure that the alliance decision is the right decision. He’s very positively inclined towards Qantas and Jetstar. We continue that dialogue,” Mr Joyce said.

“We’re in dialogue with Tony Fernandes and the Malaysian [Airlines] team and we’re still working through those issues with them. The feedback we’ve gotten is very positive from Tony. I think he’s been given the responsibility of reviewing the oneworld membership.

Hopefully he has the Malaysian aviation industry in his mind rather than his own interests.