MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

Background music of the videos is from Emirates boarding music right?

not 3. Only 2. The old logo will be gone along with the old aircraft.... The blue ribbon livery is dedicated for A380 aircraft only while the swoosh livery is for the remaining fleet

Beg to differ

You have the 'old' logo as was painted on the OneWorld 33E

You have the 'all blue' version logo as appplied exclusively on the dugongs

Then you have the 'new' logo as plastered on MH's website and corporate materials

:D

not 3. Only 2. The old logo will be gone along with the old aircraft.... The blue ribbon livery is dedicated for A380 aircraft only while the swoosh livery is for the remaining fleet

Ok , So will the real MH LOGO PLEASE STAND UP .!?!?!

Which : The red / blue WAU ? Or the blue / blue WAU as in the a380 ??

In any case any company with Two Logos need some serious counseling !

Edited by amanairways

Ok , So will the real MH LOGO PLEASE STAND UP .!?!?!

Which : The red / blue WAU ? Or the blue / blue WAU as in the a380 ??

In any case any company with Two Logos need some serious counseling !

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Blue - A380 special

Red/Blue - Normal logo.

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Blue - A380 special

Red/Blue - Normal logo.

Not flogging a dead horse but just folks wanting to know what the REAL story is behind the so-called special logo. Many have alluded to the suspicion that it only become "special" following shenanigans at the board level involving board members who may no longer be there.

Whatever it is, the reality on the ground is that MH is flying aircraft with many different identities from different eras. To the uninitiated, this is a classic case of poor management and marketing. It would be good if MH can hasten the re-painting of aircraft with old liveries that are not scheduled to be retired from the fleet in the immediate future.

There is a theory on the color of the logo. This, I heard from a friend.

There was a MAS filled with young, vibrant blood. The logo was all red.

Enter one Tan Sri. He sucked out the blood from the company. The logo becomes half red and half blue.

Later, another Tan Sri enter the scene. He sucked out whatever remaining blood from the company. The logo became pale deathly blue.

Congrats Capt! Ur pix is A.net Photographers' Choice today! :)

Thanks for the news..

More photos in my FB album.

Enter one Tan Sri. He sucked out the blood from the company. The logo becomes half red and half blue.

Later, another Tan Sri enter the scene. He sucked out whatever remaining blood from the company. The logo became pale deathly blue.

hmmmm...seems plausible.....true or not? :D

Not flogging a dead horse but just folks wanting to know what the REAL story is behind the so-called special logo. Many have alluded to the suspicion that it only become "special" following shenanigans at the board level involving board members who may no longer be there.

THANK YOU . a very enlightened answer that goes a long way in attempting to answer to this very puzzling and very very unique situation !

Whatever it is, the reality on the ground is that MH is flying aircraft with many different identities from different eras. To the uninitiated, this is a classic case of poor management and marketing. It would be good if MH can hasten the re-painting of aircraft with old liveries that are not scheduled to be retired from the fleet in the immediate future.

Indeed , the unitiated ( like me ) are the majority that will be sniggering and this answer is truly in touch with our thinking .... Thanks !

" they don't flog horses do they ? " , talking about a Burger King moment !!

Edited by amanairways

Thanks for the news..

Reads like a horror movie !

BUT GUYS I JUST NOTICE SOMETHING !!!

With the new new new logo , ie the one on the website ....the Wau is red and dark blue BmUT the MALAYSIA AIRLINES Wording is in a different shade of blue ...is it ??.... ARE THEY THE SAME BLUE ? ...if not that's a another ...WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING !!

.??

And this is an alive and kicking Stallion Stud !

Edited by amanairways

Based on live feed on signing ceremony, AJ of MH mentioned that he's impressed with the painted Oneworld MH A330, and more of the A330 will be painted. The small Oneworld logo that applied on the B738 will be applied across the entire MH fleets by year end.

Since AJ clearly said he will have more A330 painted in the Oneworld livery, anyone here reckon few B738 will be painted as well. For sure, one if not two of the A380s will be painted.

He also mentioned it will be a head turner so surely MAS must paint the B738 for the destinations it flies to. Perhaps B777 too?

Sorry if not in order as posting this while I am about to board a flight back to Sydney in 10mins.... rushing!!

One of my spies from the MH Rumour Department is flying on the LAX-KUL flight at the moment and there's something unpleasant happened with regards to lounge allocation to Enrich/oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members at LAX:

BA, QF, CX guna oneworld lounge (level 5 at Tom Bradley International Interminal, LAX) atas shared lounge ni (level 4 at TBIT LAX) tp dia tak bg masuk sbb lounge dragon ckp MH masih ada contract dgn shared lounge so tak blh masuk oneworld lounge lg, dia kata bila contract MH tamat dgn shared lounge tu baru blh masuk oneworld lounge. Maknanya oneworld dan MH tipu sbb kata blh access semua lounge dia tp not in TBIT, LAX. Patutnya oneworld Sapphire and Emerald blh masuk mana2 lounge member airline kan. MH's shared lounge di LAX ni sgt pathetic. oneworld lounge ni, hopefully cantik dr shared lounge azab ni. Bila contract MH tamat dgn shared lounge azab ni rasanya time tu MH no longer operates LAX kot! Haha

Hopefully this matter will be resolved asap and not happening elsewhere and rest assured, based on historical traits of this particular spy, a complaint will be filed.

One of my spies from the MH Rumour Department is flying on the LAX-KUL flight at the moment and there's something unpleasant happened with regards to lounge allocation to Enrich/oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members at LAX:

Hopefully this matter will be resolved asap and not happening elsewhere and rest assured, based on historical traits of this particular spy, a complaint will be filed.

The contractual issue should be resolved internally by MH without affecting customers - even if it means MH getting charged double for lounge use by a qualified customer during this interim period.

Kan, itulah yang dicarot behind the back. Orang nak masuk oneworld kau pun nak masuk oneworld. Orang masuk dapat benefit, kau masuk dapat nan hadoo. Baik tak payah after all the huhahuha. Tak pernahnya nak smooth sailing, ada je slack.

it because MAS still have a contract with current lounge, and it already clearly stated there that once the contract has ended, then MAS passengers can access into OneWorld lounge. Its really not a big issue. After all, MAS officially joined OneWorld still quite recent.....

it because MAS still have a contract with current lounge, and it already clearly stated there that once the contract has ended, then MAS passengers can access into OneWorld lounge. Its really not a big issue. After all, MAS officially joined OneWorld still quite recent.....

I assume the issue happened after 31-Jan. If it did, who cares if MH has a contract with another lounge or with somebody's grandma; Oneworld rules should apply to pax who qualify. Pax has grounds to complain.

Re "it because MAS still have a contract with current lounge", why were you explained it back to me? I am the one who communicated about it to the forum.

Re "and it already clearly stated there that once the contract has ended, then MAS passengers can access into OneWorld lounge", it is not stated - clearly or blurry - anywhere in the MH website, oneworld website, Enrich/oneworld Sapphire and Emerald program booklets, noticeboard outside the shared lounge in TBIT LAX, footnotes or appendix to a clause anywhere imaginable that Enrich Sapphire and Emerald can only enter the oneworld lounge at TBIT LAX after the existing contract with the current shared lounge (which by the way has been described as "pathetic" and "azab") end, which god knows when (next week? next month? next year?) because it is a verbal reply from a lounge matron.

Re " Its really not a big issue", kepala hotak kau. If you care to watch back all the interviews during the MH's oneworld inauguration ceremony, all the interviews with Bruce Ashby and Alan Joyce, lounge benefit is among the very first thing that they mentioned as the key highlights for Enrich members post 1 February 2013. From the perspective of an Enrich/oneworld Emerald members to be denied entry into the designated lounge by law, but instead being shooed away into a much inferior lounge described as pathethic and azab, do you have any idea of how embarrassing that is? [oneworld Emerald is Enrich Platinum for god sake, you should be at least aware of the profile of Enrich members (of what they do, their travel pattern etc) holding this category of Enrich card]. How would that portray to the image of MH as a so called 5 star airline? And from the perspective of my friend who was the victim of this particular incident, it is a big issue because he is not travelling to LAX everyday and he spent so much $$$ on airfares and time to achieve an Enrich Gold/oneworld Sapphire elite tier.

Re "After all, MAS officially joined OneWorld still quite recent", I just could not believe an ignorant and very tidak apa mentality by a fellow passenger is still prevail in 2013. It is not shocking if it comes from a MAS employee but you are not a MAS employee so I questioned your response on the matter. The bylaw said from 1 February 2013, an MH Sapphire and Emerald is entitled to so on and so forth benefits, no exception, simply inexcusable. Full stop. Everyone in the forum knows that you suck up to MH and have been a blind apologist for the airline ever since in many of your replies in the entire forum, but saying something like that is equal to you denying your own rights written in the oneworld bylaw, which in response people would question your sanity. I am so sure if Karen Cheong is presented with this case, she will immediately apologised on behalf of the airline, inform that the necessary corrective action will be taken and a sum of xxx Enrich miles will be compensated to my friend for the shortcomings. Also, again, how would this "After all, MAS officially joined OneWorld still quite recent" answer portray to the image of MH as a so called 5 star airline?

It's all back to the very basic issue of not being able to deliver what has been promised.

For an airline that has a history of purchasing paintings worth million of RM from an unknown artist for nothing, signed an absurd catering contact for 25 years so that the caterer can be guaranteed a profit et. al, I seriously do not think Mushrif's suggestion to "The contractual issue should be resolved internally by MH without affecting customers - even if it means MH getting charged double for lounge use by a qualified customer during this interim period" will cost MH that much or pose any significant damage to MH's financial state.

I assume the issue happened after 31-Jan. If it did, who cares if MH has a contract with another lounge or with somebody's grandma; Oneworld rules should apply to pax who qualify. Pax has grounds to complain.

Yes. The incident happened TODAY, a few hours ago. In fact the person involved is still in the international airspace enroute from LAX to KUL via NRT onboard 9M-MRD.

no worries mate...just lodge complaint to MAS...and wait...for err....5.5 weeks to get a single reply after 2 emails sent ( countless of tweets sent and FB status..)...and you might end up 5000 Enrich miles richer..lol...#truestory

Edited by Fairul

Re "it because MAS still have a contract with current lounge", why were you explained it back to me? I am the one who communicated about it to the forum.

Re "and it already clearly stated there that once the contract has ended, then MAS passengers can access into OneWorld lounge", it is not stated - clearly or blurry - anywhere in the MH website, oneworld website, Enrich/oneworld Sapphire and Emerald program booklets, noticeboard outside the shared lounge in TBIT LAX, footnotes or appendix to a clause anywhere imaginable that Enrich Sapphire and Emerald can only enter the oneworld lounge at TBIT LAX after the existing contract with the current shared lounge (which by the way has been described as "pathetic" and "azab") end, which god knows when (next week? next month? next year?) because it is a verbal reply from a lounge matron.

Re " Its really not a big issue", kepala hotak kau. If you care to watch back all the interviews during the MH's oneworld inauguration ceremony, all the interviews with Bruce Ashby and Alan Joyce, lounge benefit is among the very first thing that they mentioned as the key highlights for Enrich members post 1 February 2013. From the perspective of an Enrich/oneworld Emerald members to be denied entry into the designated lounge by law, but instead being shooed away into a much inferior lounge described as pathethic and azab, do you have any idea of how embarrassing that is? [oneworld Emerald is Enrich Platinum for god sake, you should be at least aware of the profile of Enrich members (of what they do, their travel pattern etc) holding this category of Enrich card]. How would that portray to the image of MH as a so called 5 star airline? And from the perspective of my friend who was the victim of this particular incident, it is a big issue because he is not travelling to LAX everyday and he spent so much $$$ on airfares and time to achieve an Enrich Gold/oneworld Sapphire elite tier.

Re "After all, MAS officially joined OneWorld still quite recent", I just could not believe an ignorant and very tidak apa mentality by a fellow passenger is still prevail in 2013. It is not shocking if it comes from a MAS employee but you are not a MAS employee so I questioned your response on the matter. The bylaw said from 1 February 2013, an MH Sapphire and Emerald is entitled to so on and so forth benefits, no exception, simply inexcusable. Full stop. Everyone in the forum knows that you suck up to MH and have been a blind apologist for the airline ever since in many of your replies in the entire forum, but saying something like that is equal to you denying your own rights written in the oneworld bylaw, which in response people would question your sanity. I am so sure if Karen Cheong is presented with this case, she will immediately apologised on behalf of the airline, inform that the necessary corrective action will be taken and a sum of xxx Enrich miles will be compensated to my friend for the shortcomings. Also, again, how would this "After all, MAS officially joined OneWorld still quite recent" answer portray to the image of MH as a so called 5 star airline?

It's all back to the very basic issue of not being able to deliver what has been promised.

For an airline that has a history of purchasing paintings worth million of RM from an unknown artist for nothing, signed an absurd catering contact for 25 years so that the caterer can be guaranteed a profit et. al, I seriously do not think Mushrif's suggestion to "The contractual issue should be resolved internally by MH without affecting customers - even if it means MH getting charged double for lounge use by a qualified customer during this interim period" will cost MH that much or pose any significant damage to MH's financial state.

Yes. The incident happened TODAY, a few hours ago. In fact the person involved is still in the international airspace enroute from LAX to KUL via NRT onboard 9M-MRD.

you know, normally when i bumped into someone (guy) who using this type of very rude and foul language online, they are belong to PUSSY, AUWW2, FAG, SOFT GUYS, GAYS group. Are you one of them? If that is the case, that explaining why you still single and not married yet even you already 30++ years of age. Its not a personal attack, but its the way you behave, already revealed who you are :clapping: :)

you know, normally when i bumped into someone (guy) who using this type of very rude and foul language online, they are belong to PUSSY, AUWW2, FAG, SOFT GUYS, GAYS group. Are you one of them? If that is the case, that explaining why you still single and not married yet even you already 30++ years of age. Its not a personal attack, but its the way you behave, already revealed who you are :clapping: :)

Dean - no need to resort to personal attacks.

Anyways, the VP of Lounge Management are aware of the issue and are investigating. It shouldn't have been a problem & Azizul's friend should have been able to enter the lounge. Don't know whether it is a oneworld issue or an MH issue.

As for Enrich's Karen - good for her. That's what you get when you have the big boss breathing down your neck.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Come on guys, no need personal attacks and foul language here...

I'm pretty sure MH would investigate the issue and respond properly....there are always things that would not go right no matter how good the execution is and sometimes things can go wrong without any particular reasons...take for example LANPASS integration with Enrich that won't happen until April despite MAS joining oneworld in Feb due to system upgrade issue...then again of course the oneworld lounge issue is of a smaller scale and should be easily solvable

no I'm not defending any parties here but let's have some sensible discussion and try to figure out what actually went wrong...

Edited by Najib Ramli

well well well

this issue happened to me on 12th of February 2013 when I was travelling on BA from Budapest to Heathrow.
My card was not recognised by the lounge operator and I was shooed away by them. However, I talked to the nicely, asking them to browse the internet, showing them what Malaysia Airlines is........and finally they let me in.

Simple....

No need to 'libas rambut' in front of the lounge receptionists, sometimes they are not informed especially at this early stage.....