MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

Now if we could just get the 'Malaysia Airlines' branding and logo sorted out....... :)

The branding issues are well known - there are people still refer to it as Malaysian Airways!

So the "confused puppy" thingy is still very much in need of sorting out. Hopefully, oneworld will help a bit for MH to build its brand identity and focus on being able to distinguish itself from the competition, both domestic and international.

After QR join OW by early next year, it will be tough for MH to attract Qantas frequent flyer to Europe. If MH remain uncompetitive, there is a possibility that more Enrich members (except those tickets paid by GLC or gomen) travel to Europe on QR than MH.

Edited by KK Lee

Not really KK, QR only serves two points in Australia - for now. MH serves 5 points in Australia. I doubt passengers will want to change planes twice to get to Europe... But I agree that MH will need to be very competitive and offer a very good product in order to stay in the game.

They can't afford to slack off.

Cutting back on inflight services instead of getting rid of redundant or unproductive staff will not solve anything.

'Jabatan Penerbangan Malaysia' or MAS will not fire any of its staff unless it is disciplinary reasons. The govt has to fulfill its social obligation to employ people and keep them employed as long as possible. In fact, last saturday, MAS advertised job vacancies in The Star, instead of retrenching, MAS continue recruiting.

One has to remember, one of the main reasons MAS is in red is not because of the number of people employed but due to lobsided contracts awarded to cronies.

:hi:

Haha Lock, a good one! With such commitments it kinda make MH as unofficial branch of government department.

MH is a GLC company. GLC company will not simply lay off the employees.

The continuation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjmdfiXV1A

Quite a full F class. Hopefully all are revenue pax, or at least from redemption channel.

I think the kid's tour is a brilliant idea. Hopefully it is being consistently carried out on ALL flights.

I think the kid's tour is only for school holiday period. Unless they'd decided to extend beyond this period.

Edited by Johan Z

The continuation.

Quite a full F class. Hopefully all are revenue pax, or at least from redemption channel.

I think the kid's tour is a brilliant idea. Hopefully it is being consistently carried out on ALL flights.

Ahhh

I know this CSS, she layaned me during my flight to London in September. Her name is Farisha or something like that lah. Typical MH friendly crew. The warmth service cannot be found anywhere else!

Edited by affendi osman

AJ is a left-handed person :nea:

Really? Oh well... he was shaking hands with the stewardess at the check in counters at Episode 1 then at Episode 2, he put his hand on the shoulder of another stewardess at the final stage of the video... I don't see that a lot... hehe

MH's oneworld cover photo on their FB page.

397745_514238361950146_392601479_n.png

By the way, if you noticed, all MH's latest adverts come with the new slogan "Journeys are made by the people you travel with".

By the way, if you noticed, all MH's latest adverts come with the new slogan "Journeys are made by the people you travel with".

So on 1st February, there will be an MH plane painted in special OW livery?

So on 1st February, there will be an MH plane painted in special OW livery?

I dont think so......most likely a ceremony to unveil the compulsory tiny OW logo (found at the front of the fuselage) on maybe a MH Dugong

During the rather unwarranted premature expose' of the B738 retro livery, it has been leaked that the same group of senior forum members are bidding to do the coverage of the special oneworld livery to be painted on the albino 9M-MND too. The question is, whether MH plans to unveil it on 1 February 2013 or later. A spy from the MH Rumour Department leaked that the will be a meeting between the MH Social Media Team (hint hint hint) and the senior members of MW tomorrow (19 January 2013) about this matter. So I guess I will try not to ruin the party unlike last time, unless any leakages voluntarily reach me.

Bold one stands for ONEWORLD!

Yes, I noticed it as well today when I was on aboard MH730. The Going Places has a new look and all MH advertisement inside has the new slogan.

Well they could just paste MH over Malev or Mexicana, both of which are now defunct.

Very true!

Well they could just paste MH over Malev or Mexicana, both of which are now defunct.

But some weird reasons Mexicana is still on OW's site...

Hm...note how both defunct OneWorld airlines start with the letter 'M'...and the newest airline to join also start with 'M'... :ninja:

Maybe MAS will be the one to break the curse... :p

Edited by Josh T