MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
jani

MAS Joins oneworld!

Well, as much as we are inclined to believe that MAS still hasn't got its act together, these are serious allegations we're making here. Can we at least cite some sources? If not, these are just plain old rumors that happen all too often in M'sia.

There is no smoke without fire, 90% of rumours in Malaysia turned out positive especially those denied officially :unknw:

Edited by KK Lee

Just a quick question on lounge access guys, do you think I'd be able to access the First Class section of the Golden Lounges in Heathrow and KLIA if I were to present my BA gold card despite having my enrich number on the ticket?

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) formally joined oneworld on 1-Feb-2013, giving the alliance 12 full members and its first member in Southeast Asia. For oneworld, MAS fills a white spot in one of the world’s fastest growing regions. For MAS, oneworld supports the carrier’s new focus on the premium end of the market.

MAS is in the latter stages of a restructuring which began at the end of 2011, when it unveiled a new business plan. Joining oneworld is a key component of the business plan. While only three oneworld members currently serve MAS’ Kuala Lumpur hub, joining the alliance expands its virtual network and increases its relevance in the premium market.

Under its new business plan MAS is improving its premium product and also targeting higher yielding economy passengers. Over the last several years the carrier has lost premium passengers and corporate accounts to aggressive rivals in Asia and the Gulf. MAS is now trying to woo these passengers back and sees membership in a global alliance as helping that effort.

Full CAPA analysis, Malaysia Airlines finally gives oneworld a presence in fast-growing Southeast Asia market:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/malaysia-airlines-finally-gives-oneworld-a-presence-in-fast-growing-southeast-asia-market-95939

Just a quick question on lounge access guys, do you think I'd be able to access the First Class section of the Golden Lounges in Heathrow and KLIA if I were to present my BA gold card despite having my enrich number on the ticket?

Sure. Don't see why not.

Great discussion there from the usual experts. Wondering what will MH do as mentioned there:

- axe NRT-LAX altogether

- move back to TPE-LAX

Both options have their merits, however I hope MH will decide on the one which gives the best financial return.

Just praying hard that they don't cancel them. I redeemed my miles on J to fly to LAX using MH in May, not AA. My first time in J and hoping that they don't change it.

Edited by Jeffery Lim

Great discussion there from the usual experts. Wondering what will MH do as mentioned there:

- axe NRT-LAX altogether

- move back to TPE-LAX

Both options have their merits, however I hope MH will decide on the one which gives the best financial return.

Supposedly NRT-LAX since NRT is the hub for the OneWorld Japan Airlines.

Or option 3:

Retime KUL-NRT-LAX, go daily & become the third direct flight for oneworld out of LAX-NRT

MH used to make KUL - TPE - LAX daily but it didn't last long, hopefully it could last long if they decided on the daily KUL - NRT - LAX since MH is now a OneWorld member and NRT is posing a very strong hub to USA.

Kind of ironic to get an AK 'Red Red CNY Deals' advert popping up every so often whilst I was watching that clip :)

Kind of ironic to get an AK 'Red Red CNY Deals' advert popping up every so often whilst I was watching that clip :)

AK marketing team sure knows how to troll :D

Yea well , nice video . Now MH is in oneworld .....but with 3 identity logos ....schizophrenic ?

not 3. Only 2. The old logo will be gone along with the old aircraft.... The blue ribbon livery is dedicated for A380 aircraft only while the swoosh livery is for the remaining fleet

MAS celebrating entry into ‘oneworld’ with discounts

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines is offering fare discounts for domestic and international routes to celebrate its entry into the oneworld frequent flyer alliance.

These offers are extended under the Malaysia Airlines Travel Fair (MATF), which ends on Feb 11, and is valid for travel any time until Nov 30.

Having joined oneworld on Feb 1, the promotion offers discounts of up to 40% for both economy and business class travellers to domestic destinations and 35% for international destinations in North Asia, China, Australia and New Zealand, North America and Europe.

MAS regional senior vice-president (Ma­­laysia and Asean Region) Muzammil Mohamad said the MATF was tailored for avid travellers.

Holiday makers, for example, can opt for a relaxing beach holiday in Bali with all-in return economy class fares from RM679 or experience Chinese New Year in Kunming, China, for an all-in return fare from RM1,199 on economy class.

Customers can also choose to fly to London from Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines’ latest A380 aircraft with an all-in return fare from only RM3,409 on economy class and RM13,689 on business class.

The all-in return fares to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching from Kuala Lumpur start from RM428 on economy class travel.

With oneworld, MAS customers have the option to travel to 842 destinations in 156 countries.

MAS Enrich members will also have their privileges extended when they fly with any oneworld member airline worldwide as they can earn and redeem Enrich reward points.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/6/nation/12676678&sec=nation

Yeah... got their email telling me ONE WAY TO LONDON from MYR 3409!

Either it shows how careless the marketing folks are, or MH needs to get its brains checked if it thinks that is a bargain fare.

Either it shows how careless the marketing folks are, or MH needs to get its brains checked if it thinks that is a bargain fare.

Probably for the time being, they just got too used to the word of ONE...